Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please buff the status on supra vandal

bronzebonobo

I do like Supra Vandal and wish it would get some buffs here and there, but still I cannot ignore what you said, seeing it downplayed like this.

It is going to compare to other rifles like Soma Prime. It compared even before. There are many points where you can compare the two. Supra can make much better use of mods like Entropy Burst and has 4/5 Riven disposition, white Soma only has 1/5. Now Supra Vandal has the highest ammo magazine and capacity of them all.

With the right mods, it's trivial to bring it to merely above Soma's power.

Just now, -N7-Leonhart said:

I do like Supra Vandal and wish it would get some buffs here and there, but still I cannot ignore what you said, seeing it downplayed like this.

It is going to compare to other rifles like Soma Prime. It compared even before. There are many points where you can compare the two. Supra can make much better use of mods like Entropy Burst and has 4/5 Riven disposition, white Soma only has 1/5. Now Supra Vandal has the highest ammo magazine and capacity of them all.

With the right mods, it's trivial to bring it to merely above Soma's power.

oh, well i was talking about the guns, not rivens, a change to the status would help this weapon immensely, i actually like using it, but with its terrible status and crit chance welp.

1 minute ago, bronzebonobo said:

oh, well i was talking about the guns, not rivens, a change to the status would help this weapon immensely, i actually like using it, but with its terrible status and crit chance welp.

Can you imagine my annoyance when I see clanmates saying "just another mastery fodder" only after looking briefly over the stats?

Hopefully it will get some buffs, but at the same time I feel like they aren't needed for it to be on par with everything.

Can you imagine my annoyance when I see clanmates saying "just another mastery fodder" only after looking briefly over the stats?

Hopefully it will get some buffs, but at the same time I feel like they aren't needed for it to be on par with everything.

i mean i honestly think they should have buffed the status on it, i don't want this to be mastery fodder, but i can agree with the people that say the stuff they do, now don't get me wrong i like the weapon and it is okay, but the stats don't lie, but a buff to  status would make this weapon a good light machine gun, i wouldn't even lump this thing into the rifles category, this thing is a light machine gun.

Just now, bronzebonobo said:

i mean i honestly think they should have buffed the status on it, i don't want this to be mastery fodder, but i can agree with the people that say the stuff they do, now don't get me wrong i like the weapon and it is okay, but the stats don't lie, but a buff to  status would make this weapon a good light machine gun, i wouldn't even lump this thing into the rifles category, this thing is a light machine gun.

The stats look a lot like that of the Boltor P to me. The DPS is pretty much the same, the status is lower, but the ammo capacity is leagues higher. Now, do you remember when ppl called Boltor p the best weapon in the game? lmao rolf :crylaugh:

So why would Supra Vanadal be mastery fodder when it's pretty much par with the former 'best weapon in the game'? 

The stats look a lot like that of the Boltor P to me. The DPS is pretty much the same, the status is lower, but the ammo capacity is leagues higher. Now, do you remember when ppl called Boltor p the best weapon in the game? lmao rolf :crylaugh:

So why would Supra Vanadal be mastery fodder when it's pretty much par with the former 'best weapon in the game'? 

there is a reason why it is called "former" when boltor prime released it was god tier, but scaling and age definitely hurt these weapons yes

Just now, Kierlak said:

If you have to lean on a riven to make it compete, it doesn't compete.

this is true, i feel like rivens are optional if you want to do the mind numbingly boring kuva missions and sacrifice goats to rngesus

1 minute ago, Kierlak said:

If you have to lean on a riven to make it compete, it doesn't compete.

Rivens are part of the core of the game right now, no matter how people like to pretend otherwise. And a riven disposition of 4/5 can increase a weapons total damage by about 3x (I have quite a few of those). When they provide as much power, why would they not be always taken into consideration? 

It's gotten to a point where there is no point in using a gun without a Riven, since it can't possibly compare.

2 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

When they provide as much power, why would they not be always taken into consideration? 

1: Because DE said they will not balance around rivens. They are not part of the core, they are RNG, thus impossible to balance around. and 2: Because they are multiple levels of RNG, both in acquisition of the riven itself, and the stats on the riven. It's very possible to literally NEVER get a riven for the gun you want with the stats you want. Not even the stat AMOUNTS you want, but the actual stats themselves.

7 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Rivens are part of the core of the game right now, no matter how people like to pretend otherwise. And a riven disposition of 4/5 can increase a weapons total damage by about 3x (I have quite a few of those). When they provide as much power, why would they not be always taken into consideration? 

It's gotten to a point where there is no point in using a gun without a Riven, since it can't possibly compare.

Because you have a better chance of rolling a joint and smoking it with Trump in the White House than you do of ever getting a good riven for the weapon you want, you can't just assume people are gonna have them.

3 minutes ago, Jabarto said:

Because you have a better chance of rolling a joint and smoking it with Trump in the White House than you do of ever getting a good riven for the weapon you want, you can't just assume people are gonna have them.

I get what you mean but at the same time I have beaten those odds 3 times now xD (though I got my buzlok riven before the buff :/)

I suppose I should also say something topical here. I love the Supra and am crazy excited for the Supra Vandal, but yeah I was kinda hoping for more than just better accuracy and a bigger magazine. As fun as it is to hold the trigger down for 30 seconds without reloading, there's are diminishing returns to magazine size. Increased status chance would be as nice a buff as any, since the syndicate mod already nudges it in the direction of being a status gun, and there aren't many good status rifles aside from the Braton Prime (unless you count Zhuge as a rifle).

20 minutes ago, Jabarto said:

Well considering I live in Washington.... All I have to do is walk a mile or two to a dispensary and I can be so lazy as to buy a pre-rolled one so those chances are fairly good =p

Edited by SilvaDreams

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well considering I live in Washington.... All I have to do is walk a mile or two to a dispensary and I can be so lazy as to buy a pre-rolled one so those chances are fairly good =p

Yeah I guess that joke doesn't work as well as it used to :p

Also I'm in CO so :D

I like the Supra before DE gave it a lookover, loved it after they made the changes to it, and I just don't see why we need that additional status when I can proc Entropy Burst a few times with a single clip to make up for the loss in status.

Edited by SurrealEdge

17 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

I like the Supra before DE gave it a lookover, loved it after they made the changes to it, and I just don't see why we need that additional status when I can proc Entropy Burst a few times with a single clip to make up for the loss in status.

Because a higher status chance would mean a LOT against armored targets. And the entropy effect is a SINGLE magnetic proc. Hardly as useful as status chance, especially in this case. People may ignore it as much as they want but status is a very good endgame stat. A stat that would help the supra immensely.

31 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Because a higher status chance would mean a LOT against armored targets. And the entropy effect is a SINGLE magnetic proc. Hardly as useful as status chance, especially in this case. People may ignore it as much as they want but status is a very good endgame stat. A stat that would help the supra immensely.

I can't say definitively it'll be better, but with the larger clip, it allows for a more consistent output especially in the case of status. The weapon has been out for less than a day, and I'm fairly certain that most want it to add to their collection as opposed to everyday use. Just considering the near doubled increase in clip size and ammo pool for the weapon and its steady stream of bullets, it can potentially output more status due to sheer number alone than the status chance it has.

Just an observation from my short time using the weapon before I commit another 3 or 4 forma and making it near identical to the original in terms of mods.

Edited by SurrealEdge
Morning rambling of the same parts

32 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

I can't say definitively it'll be better, but with the larger clip, it allows for a more consistent output especially in the case of status. The weapon has been out for less than a day, and I'm fairly certain that most want it to add to their collection as opposed to everyday use. Just considering the near doubled increase in clip size and ammo pool for the weapon and its steady stream of bullets, it can potentially output more status due to sheer number alone than the status chance it has.

Just an observation from my short time using the weapon before I commit another 3 or 4 forma and making it near identical to the original in terms of mods.

Well more ammo does not increase the application rate, just the amount of procs in a clip. but that is a non important stat. Even an increase to 5% status with this fire rate should already lower the kill time of a armored heavy by a lot if you prioritize on that status. And an increase to 7,5 / 10 would a an amazing buff if you (again) prioritize on it.

See it like this. a corrosive proc lowers the current armor the target has. The faster you can apply that proc will increase the damage of the bullet after that, and after that, and after that.

So in function its like a spool up weapon, the more status chance you have, the faster it will spool up in damage. A larger clip will not increase this.

Just now, Airwolfen said:

Well more ammo does not increase the application rate, just the amount of procs in a clip. but that is a non important stat. Even an increase to 5% status with this fire rate should already lower the kill time of a armored heavy by a lot if you prioritize on that status. And an increase to 7,5 / 10 would a an amazing buff if you (again) prioritize on it.

See it like this. a corrosive proc lowers the current armor the target has. The faster you can apply that proc will increase the damage of the bullet after that, and after that, and after that.

So in function its like a spool up weapon, the more status chance you have, the faster it will spool up in damage. A larger clip will not increase this.

I'm fully aware it won't speed up the process of applying the effect, but it does eliminate some of the wait in between reloading and shooting. While it may not have the same effect as the original with its higher status chance, it can output more in terms of sheer damage while additional effects can still be applied albeit spread out over a longer period of time.

1 hour ago, SurrealEdge said:

and I just don't see why we need that additional status when I can proc Entropy Burst a few times with a single clip to make up for the loss in status.

Because a weapon (or frame for that matter) should not be propped up by a single mod to have any hope of a shred of relevance beyond the star chart. Without Entropy Burst the Supra is a painfully sub par weapon, with awful accuracy, a slow wind up, slow projectiles, negligible crit and status, and not even especially high base damage. A big magazine is simply not enough for the Supra to stand on.

6 minutes ago, Kierlak said:

Because a weapon (or frame for that matter) should not be propped up by a single mod to have any hope of a shred of relevance beyond the star chart. Without Entropy Burst the Supra is a painfully sub par weapon, with awful accuracy, a slow wind up, slow projectiles, negligible crit and status, and not even especially high base damage. A big magazine is simply not enough for the Supra to stand on.

Arguing for the sake of arguing?

It is a niche weapon, one that doesn't see much use outside of a few mission types that don't go far beyond its intended use. While the accuracy, near non existent crit, and somewhat of a windup, it outperforms some weapons in the same category, namely Gorgon. The main draw of the Supra is the chance for a status build that will last you far longer than going with raw damage. Even crits can't be sustained without elemental mods backing up the weapon performance. The huge spread is a drawback, but it does allow for the bullets to spread against larger hordes that rush at you. It does wonders when you throw on Shred and Heavy Caliber and seeing enemies get mowed down in droves when they're barreling down a narrow corridor, but again it's a niche weapon. Not everyone likes it, but that doesn't make it downright terrible as some of the weapon release we've been getting.

1 minute ago, SurrealEdge said:

It is a niche weapon,

What niche? And no, Entropy Burst is not a niche, because you can use the Synoid Simulor for the same AoE proc and energy regen.

3 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

While the accuracy, near non existent crit, and somewhat of a windup, it outperforms some weapons in the same category, namely Gorgon.

So it beats one of the worst weapons in the entire game? Well, damn, I guess the Supra is all right after all?

4 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

The main draw of the Supra is the chance for a status build that will last you far longer than going with raw damage.

No one picks a damn Supra to use as a status gun, they use status on the Supra because thats all it's bandaid mod will allow it to do. People that want a status gun will use a Braton Prime if they are dead set on a rifle (better IPS spread and far better status chance, along with much better accuracy and no spin up), or more likely a 100% shotgun like a Boar Prime, Strun Wraith, or Tigris Prime.

16 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

The huge spread is a drawback, but it does allow for the bullets to spread against larger hordes that rush at you. It does wonders when you throw on Shred and Heavy Caliber and seeing enemies get mowed down in droves when they're barreling down a narrow corridor

If you want to use a shotgun, which is what HC does to guns, just use a shotgun. The Kohm beats the Supra in that scenario, and doesn't even have to use a bandaid mod or even shred. Has better IPS, innate punchthrough, similar continuous fire duration, and if you factor Rivens in, can hit 100% status and totally and completely blow the Supra out of the entire game, stripping armor in a heartbeat, inflicting dozens and dozens of slash procs, and wiping out whole crowds of enemies.

24 minutes ago, SurrealEdge said:

Not everyone likes it, but that doesn't make it downright terrible as some of the weapon release we've been getting.

Just because the Cycron is worse does not mean the Supra isn't also a garbage fire.

it probably came like this because it seems DE don't want event weapons to be as powerful any more. look at the Snipetron Vandal and how much better it is than the vanilla Snipetron for example. the Ignis wraith is also in the same boat, considered weaker than it should have been. why DE do this I'm not sure, maybe it's in the hopes that those who miss the event won't be penalized for it by missing out on power creep? idk, but if this is what we can expect of Vandal/Wraith weapons from now on, I'd rather they just release them Via Baro, since he's allowed to bring powerful stuff. plus nobody would miss out once it's in Baro's rotation. 

I'll still use the Supra Vandal, and I'll still like it, but it's definitely not the endgame machine gun we all hyped it up to be.