Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

now im confused

nguyenten

Question

Spoiler

this post will include a quest called new strange if you havent started or finshed this quest then do not read this post you have been warned

right now im stuck in a quest called new strange and i completed the hunt that cephalon simiris gave to me i asked about the reward thing and then nothing happened and when i talked to cephalon again the only option was the scynphysis simulation and when i went back to my ship the quest still said to hunt for the enimies but i already did that and now i dont know what to do

10 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, nguyenten said:

now why did they make it so that the one cheaphalon gave me was not the one i was supposed to do but iots lancers and even had the option to ask about the reward so that made me confused

I'm a little confused here. I believe lancers are indeed the correct target for the quest hunt. How many lancers did you scan? You would need to do three separate missions where you immobilize the blue outlined target (a special extra tanky enemy) and then scan the three bright spots with the synthesis scanner, for a total of three lancers. Did you already complete this, and you are not seeing how to progress from there? 

I am just trying to understand your issue, sorry. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

46 minutes ago, nguyenten said:
  Reveal hidden contents

this post will include a quest called new strange if you havent started or finshed this quest then do not read this post you have been warned

right now im stuck in a quest called new strange and i completed the hunt that cephalon simiris gave to me i asked about the reward thing and then nothing happened and when i talked to cephalon again the only option was the scynphysis simulation and when i went back to my ship the quest still said to hunt for the enimies but i already did that and now i dont know what to do

Did you "Hunt" as in kill the targets,

Or did you "Hunt" as in scan them properly as showed in the synthesis simulation?

45 minutes ago, nguyenten said:

scan

As Tesseract said, when you enter a mission Cephalon Simaris pops up and tells you "The scanner detected a target in this area, seek and scan blah blah blah" and then you'll find an enemy that glows blue-ish and has 5-10x the health of a normal enemy.

I know that I've done the mistake of scanning normal enemies with the same name as the target when New Strange first came out, I started scanning Arid Lancers as instructed and wasted 2-3 hours before I figured it out.

That one question will probably mark the line between a mistake made by the player or possibly a bug from the recent updates.

4 hours ago, nguyenten said:

did you even read the comment i made?

Pretty sure i was there too.

Try opening the quest manually from the starmap. Pretty sure pairing was broken when i did it.

Thus: wrong mission - wrog scan - obviously no progress.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108