Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I "ignore" You (the ditching party)

Doesn't it suck to go 35 waves on an endless Defense mission, only to have your crew ditch you on the countdown for the last 5 waves?
And what if you didn't come prepared to finish the last 5 on your own? All that work for nothing. Can we address this? Why not give players who's been left solo an option to leave without the loss of resources or drops? either by providing an alternate option asking if you would like to continue after countdown,  or an abandon without loss option for the solo player on the first of 5. The trolling on here is bad enough. And this type of action is what encourages noobs to delete Warframe from their system.

That's the chance you take, and it won't be the last time it happens.

The only way to avoid it is to leave after wave five, unless you're running with players you trust, or you're doing content you're sure you can handle solo.

Players over the past several years have recommended a choice locking system, but then what happens if someone chooses wrong?

13 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_element said:

Doesn't it suck to go 35 waves on an endless Defense mission, only to have your crew ditch you on the countdown for the last 5 waves?
And what if you didn't come prepared to finish the last 5 on your own? All that work for nothing. Can we address this? Why not give players who's been left solo an option to leave without the loss of resources or drops? either by providing an alternate option asking if you would like to continue after countdown,  or an abandon without loss option for the solo player on the first of 5. The trolling on here is bad enough. And this type of action is what encourages noobs to delete Warframe from their system.

This, I feel, is the crux of the issue. If, as you say, you didn't come prepared to finish of the last wave by yourself, odds are the others you were playing with felt you were a leech and weren't "carrying your weight" so to speak. It could be that you brought an unranked warframe, or unranked weapons, or got downed one too many times and they got tired of reviving you.

At that point, it's kinda on you.

This is the exact reason I hover over the extract button and try to react fast enough if everyone else decides to ditch. It's ridiculous that they haven't done anything to stop it but, at the same time, I'm not exactly certain that it's DE's responsibility to make their players not act like giant genitalia.

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

If, as you say, you didn't come prepared to finish of the last wave by yourself, odds are the others you were playing with felt you were a leech

... what?

What if you were playing a Resonance Banshee (and she's not your usual frame) in a PUG and the other three just decided to ditch you for no reason? There are any number of reasons you might not be able to handle the next 5 waves and a good portion of them don't include, "you're basically a leech."

15 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

This, I feel, is the crux of the issue. If, as you say, you didn't come prepared to finish of the last wave by yourself, odds are the others you were playing with felt you were a leech and weren't "carrying your weight" so to speak.

Idiocy. Pure with that.

The only one that basically dowsn't have to worry at all about staying solo on defense (in particular) is Frost. Any other team-reliant but just as needed frame can easily get screwed over, especially something like Trinity.

Not to mention that issue can be solved by adding another countdown if 3 players leave and 4th didn't leave in time.

Edited by -Temp0-

I have never seen this happen, in four years playing warframe. Usually it is just one worthless brat that ditches because they ran out of revives or got outdamaged.

What i have seen are people who hit "continue" in public missions - usually exp farms where people only go to 10 or 20 - instantly and then apparently afk for the rest of the countdown, dont notice everyone else is leaving, get wrecked, and send raging PMs to try and blame everyone else for their own critical stupidity.

Is this a console thing?

1 minute ago, FlyingLlama said:

I have never seen this happen, in four years playing warframe. Usually it is just one worthless brat that ditches because they ran out of revives or got outdamaged.

What i have seen are people who hit "continue" in public missions - usually exp farms where people only go to 10 or 20 - instantly and then apparently afk for the rest of the countdown, dont notice everyone else is leaving, get wrecked, and send raging PMs to try and blame everyone else for their own critical stupidity.

Is this a console thing?

I find it hard to believe you've never seen it in four years. I see it at least once a week.

15 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

... what?

What if you were playing a Resonance Banshee (and she's not your usual frame) in a PUG and the other three just decided to ditch you for no reason? There are any number of reasons you might not be able to handle the next 5 waves and a good portion of them don't include, "you're basically a leech."

11 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Idiocy. Pure with that.

The only one that basically dowsn't have to worry at all about staying solo on defense (in particular) is Frost. Any other team-reliant but just as needed frame can easily get screwed over, especially something like Trinity.

Not to mention that issue can be solved by adding another countdown if 3 players leave and 4th didn't leave in time.

I'm just gonna leave these here:

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

con·jec·ture
kənˈjekCHər/
noun

an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.

That seems more of your thing. After all it was all you who assumed that whoever was ditched was a leech and that whoever can't solo past wave 30 on defense with destructable objective is a leech.

@Magician I actually like the idea of locking the system too. its not that tuff to press the Right button. However there would have to be no countdown in play because it doesn't solve anything if everyone chooses to Leave at the last second. And with no countdown, well you could theoretically be stuck waiting for someone to vote for an endless amount if time. 

@Abbacephas There are many other reasons why you don't come prepared other than just leveling. Sometimes players ask for a frame to support a group rather than play dedicated DPS. While other times u just want to enjoy a set of weapons because you like em. Azima, the Glaxion, synoid gammacore, Vectis, Gorgon, Heliocor, Nikondi, Redeemer etc- All weapons would have to be capable of endgame and all frames would need to be meant for solo play in order to support your Idea.

That's what we do on fora and threads: speculate and make conjectures. After going for so long, it seems particularly odd for EVERYONE except OP to leave without, at the very least, communicating an inclination to leave at some point. Clearly something must have happened to warrant it (unless all other squadmates suddenly and simultaneously had an IRL situation they had to deal with, which, while possible, does not seem probable).

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

2 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_element said:

@Abbacephas There are many other reasons why you don't come prepared other than just leveling. Sometimes players ask for a frame to support a group rather than play dedicated DPS. While other times u just want to enjoy a set of weapons because you like em. Azima, the Glaxion, synoid gammacore, Vectis, Gorgon, Heliocor, Nikondi, Redeemer etc- All weapons would have to be capable of endgame and all frames would need to be meant for solo play in order to support your Idea.

I understand this. It just seems odd that, if this was a squad that was put together using recruit chat, they would not communicate the fact that they were leaving after X waves.