Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sounds 9.2.x Thread Merger

RaptorShinRyu

I like the new sound. It sounds more like a latron now. Can't see this being a bad thing.

What sound the gun doesnt have a sound as far as i know its just my warframe pulling the trigger to hard and it clicks :)))) literally having this kind of sound on the LP makes it seem weak for me even though i see it killing like level 69 corpus in 1-2 hits i feel like im using an airsoft gun.

I want my "pew-pew"gun back.

You know what's kinda mean of them though?

The old Latron Prime sound is used in the fancy new cinematic E3 trailer (when the Frost fires his Boltor lol)

It's like "Hey, remember that awesome PEW PEW sound effect? It was so awesome we used it in a trailer. But you can't have it anymore. Because you smell funny."

You know what's kinda mean of them though?

The old Latron Prime sound is used in the fancy new cinematic E3 trailer (when the Frost fires his Boltor lol)

It's like "Hey, remember that awesome PEW PEW sound effect? It was so awesome we used it in a trailer. But you can't have it anymore. Because you smell funny."

I might be a tenno killing machine that has no guilt on killing thousands upon thousands of grineer,infested and those blasted corpus but i have feelings and they hurt every damn one of them *sad face rhino* 

:(

Title says it all. I figured if I ran a solo mission to test it with the lowest possible graphical settings, I would hear the better sound.

I didn't.

It sounds terrible. Please change it back to the first sound it came with. If you want to hear what it sounded like then, watch mikeb's Boar review. You'll know exactly what I mean.

It sounds like a paintball gun now.

Edited by Boondorl

Just recently started using Twin Vipers again and good lord they sound horrible. When i first made them they made a loud machine gun roar that seemed fitting for weapon that mowed down mobs in secs, now well they sound like a automatic bb pistol that is low on co2.

Can you revert them back to original sound please.

There's this really handy sticky right here in Sound Feedback which might have something to do with it...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/76095-weapon-sound-issues/

Sherlock Holmes over here, ladies and gentlemen.

I figured if I ran a solo mission to test it with the lowest possible graphical settings, I would hear the better sound.

I didn't.

Gee, sounds like the problem with the sounds was framerate. I have vsync off so I was getting well over 60 FPS (unless the game is capped at that anyway).

Guess what? Still sounded like S#&$. Given what other people have said about the sound, it's not an isolated incident. It's definitely not a sound error. It just sounds like S#&$. How would you explain the new Gorgon sound if it is a sound error anyway? They clearly changed the sound of the Gorgon. It didn't just magically start working. They changed it because they knew it was S#&$ (LOL a silenced LMG? Are you @(*()$ serious?).

If it is a sound error, I recommend they stop using this new "better" sound system. It clearly doesn't work with this game. At all. If something sounded slightly worse before but worked perfectly, but the new sounds barely work at all but "sound amazing," I'll take the sounds that actually work any day.

Given what they've done to other guns in the past (RIP Latron), the fact this gun sounds so terrible doesn't surprise me at all.

How....eloquent...And the Sherlock Holmes bit! Oh so original.

/Sarcasm

Arrogant, insolent, and petulant all in the same package I see!
Protip: Belligerence isn't going to get you anywhere in this world.

Try voicing your opinion in a concise constructive way. Image is everything. No one owes you anything. Presentation means more than you can probably fathom, narrow as I assume your perception is given your lexicon ---- or rather, lack there of.

Edited by Rudest

Just got Braton Prime and I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the sound. Prime just sounds way too pew pew for something that's not shooting laser beams. I'd much prefer something similar to either the regular or the vandal. Both of those have a good meaty feel to them, like any decent assault rifle should.

First off, I have to give kudos to DE for creating the Dojo system and giving us access to more weapons.. makes me excited for what's to come.  When I first started playing the game, all I wanted was some kind of blaster weapon, and I envied Corpus for having them. So now that I own one, I'm excited like a kid with a new toy.

BUT. I have one issue with this gun. The sound is too loud/jarring, unpleasant. Granted, listening to weapons firing off is not supposed to be a pleasant sound, but this is the first gun in the whole game that I find myself having to lower the volume because it's just too nuts.

The way I would describe it would be really trebley, very ringy, and just the loudness itself.  I personally love a good laser/blaster sound, I mean, the sound itself can be the highlight of the weapon! I think it could be a bit juicier, have a bit more of a bassy kick, not so sharp, maybe not so loud?

I love the sound design in this game, this is the first time I hear a sound I disagree with.

(On another note: Could we please make the energy change to the blasts too? :)  )

Edited by Soaron