The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't help but worry DE is going to put shield gating on enemies

AdunSaveMe

They could, and also add way to deal with them. If magnetic procs remove shield gating, or magnetic damage ignores it. That could bring magnetic back into the mix(let's be honest it's not the most popular right now). So don't worry, and deal with it, if it comes, when it comes.

Also they are experienced game devs have some trust.

Edited by Jeoxz
trust? thrust?wurzt?

There will be also a health gating and if these applies along with the weak spots then we can call after warframe a tactical shooter instead of mob killer shooter (horde). These stuff not only will be bad for newbies but advanced and veteran players also will cry how the difficulty so broken. I personally want a better armor system and wishing buffs for low armored frames too.

A well functioning armor could save you from one shot deaths but then they need something similar for the enemies too.

The difficulty should mean a better more tactical AI. The shield gating will be unfair if just we get this so it is a never ending circle.

46 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

But hey at least it'll stop the "I take a weapon and destroy any kind of enemy with the same mod build"

But that's not even a problem that needs to be stopped, and putting shield gating on enemies wouldn't change it.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

and scorches and hyekka masters ended up being multishot snipers

I'm just going to nitpick this, because I don't think I've ever died to a Scorch unless it's at point blank range, and Hyekka Masters tend to miss me completely.

Also, I think people are overestimating the effect of shield gates. It will only add an extra second or so to your normal kill time for enemies like Bursas, and would barely affect enemies like Techs. 

14 minutes ago, Eathian said:

A more tactical AI is really the best step forward. There was a forum post a while back suggesting instead of mindless hoards that enemies fight in squads which seemed like a decent idea.

Yes squads with a squad leader. Squad leaders give better accuracy and the squads move from cover to cover, using tactics to attack the threat. When we kill the squad leader, the squad then losses accuracy and then starts to panic, spuratic even.