Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can DE make events that are difficult and not just grind?

1 hour ago, GKDK said:

They were but instead did the opposite which further trivializes the whole modding system. Every single gun/melee basically has the same mods, damage, multishots, crit, status and etc.

Why even bother doing anything different when that's what kills your enemy fastest. Cause that is what this game is all about.

Who kills who first. The quickest. You can delay your enemy from killing you by using invisibility, extra armor, cc them just so you can kill them before they do. 

That's the core of Warframe's gameplay and all the challenge it has to offer. Every enemy is the same, they shoot and whack you to death. There is no challenge and no strategy. It's a casual game. 

Sooner people accept that, the less expectations and disappointment they will have. Being here for 3 years I doubt this will change. 

This happen even in table top games.

In some systems you are more or less required or expected to take X ability at Y level. Because it's "necessary". It's technically an option but...really it's not.

So why not take all of those mandatory mods, that are not choices, and build them into the weapon as it levels. Then give some number of slots, left but without the flat uninteresting damage mods.

Edited by BetaNoire

2 hours ago, GKDK said:

The balance in this game is screwed. With mods, riven mods, warframe abilities, armor scaling, enemy hit scan weapons one shots.  

There is very little room DE can do to make anything challenging in this game other then dropping an insanely high level enemy that insta kills you and that forces players to CC it using some creative ways. 

So unless they revamp their entire system and core gameplay, expect this game to remain a just a casual game, catering for casual players.

Want a hardcore challenging game thats rewarding play Dark Souls. Want a casual noobish game where your main objective is killing hordes and feeling awesome is the reward of that, this is the game. 

Sad truth and reality of Warframe aka a casual game. 

2 hours ago, GKDK said:

They were but instead did the opposite which further trivializes the whole modding system. Every single gun/melee basically has the same mods, damage, multishots, crit, status and etc.

Why even bother doing anything different when that's what kills your enemy fastest. Cause that is what this game is all about.

Who kills who first. The quickest. You can delay your enemy from killing you by using invisibility, extra armor, cc them just so you can kill them before they do. 

That's the core of Warframe's gameplay and all the challenge it has to offer. Every enemy is the same, they shoot and whack you to death. There is no challenge and no strategy. It's a casual game. 

Sooner people accept that, the less expectations and disappointment they will have. Being here for 3 years I doubt this will change. 

Can someone pin these on the top of the forum?

2 hours ago, Pavelord said:

because player scaling is broken, not enemy scaling, forma were originally just meant to change polarities I believe, then players asked why can´t I put one in another slot, and it was one of those things DE could not foresee players would exploit, and almost like coptering it stood there until it became a foundation of the game that cannot be easilly remove. Warframes players go into this loop, start the game, start moding, formaing removing the difficulty of the game until they crush everything and break the game advancing into unreasonable enemy levels, then complain everything is easy. 

So yo're telling me.....they didnt foresee fully forma slots?

I think it would be interesting to see participation numbers on these high-end Alert/Events.

I know folk who favor Conclave are very loud and very loyal, but the participation numbers released by DE for PVP/Conclave were abysmal. I've since seen claims that DE's numbers weren't representative of 'true' Conclave player numbers, but IMHO it's hard to argue against actual developer participation numbers.

I'd like to see whether these events are actually drawing in low/med/high numbers of high-end/vet players.

I did the design council alert thing today and it wasn't bad, it wasn't hard by any means, but it was more involved than the regular just mow through everything missions, not by much, but its a step in the right direction, I enjoyed it.

Also it made me realize just how many newbies are in game, in a good way, a lot of ppl were low MR and kept aborting/leaving due to frustration or inexperience, but thats cool, it just means the game is growing and growing :-)

i can see the point in that but its not fair on the people who have only just started. i do agree more high lvl stuff needs to be added but it oughta be in a way where low level players can also obtain it. like, for example, say a new weapon, make a low level where they just get the BP, get a mid where you straight up get the weapon, and do a high where you get it ready potatoed and get a weapon slot for it. they cant just bring stuff out in an event specifially just for high level players as its a bit of a kick in the teeth for new starters. they want to attract more people to the game so the last thing they want to it is single out half the playerbase. or even make alerts with better rewards like the nitain one earlier. then its still a challenge for higher players with better rewards but its not stopping lower lvl players from ever being able to obtain it. they will just get it slower as they will have to do single nitains. just as an example

Edited by purpleguitarist
added some words. lol

14 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

I did the design council alert thing today and it wasn't bad, it wasn't hard by any means, but it was more involved than the regular just mow through everything missions, not by much, but its a step in the right direction, I enjoyed it.

Also it made me realize just how many newbies are in game, in a good way, a lot of ppl were low MR and kept aborting/leaving due to frustration or inexperience, but thats cool, it just means the game is growing and growing :-)

dchsH3V.png

12 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

dchsH3V.png

From what I gather you are saying you did it all yourself?  I dunno why...  but thats cool, I get it, rhino stomp blow up everything with angstrum.

I had fun doing it with my fav build Excal Prime and Silva & Aegis no primary or secondary...  cuz sawg *shrug*. 

1 hour ago, BetaNoire said:

So yo're telling me.....they didnt foresee fully forma slots?

By now we know that DE lefts several things unattended for a long time and that they do not have the time to play the game  as much as the community, its not rare for exploits to be out of their sight.

10 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

From what I gather you are saying you did it all yourself?  I dunno why...  but thats cool, I get it, rhino stomp blow up everything with angstrum.

I had fun doing it with my fav build Excal Prime and Silva & Aegis no primary or secondary...  cuz sawg *shrug*. 

No. I'm saying I'm one of those noobs. Hence my sad 1% damage.

Not only that top damage was a Rhino himself.

BtS8Mbs.png

Ultra-High levels are pointless. The difference between a level 100 and a level 2000 enemy is mostly just HP you have to chew through.

What? Am I insane?

Nope, because what happens when you fight enemies of that level? Either you're invincible, or they get CCed. So the only thing that changes is HP.

Why does this happen?

Because otherwise they one-shot you, and that is the real problem. Avoiding insta-gib is what breaks Warframe.

I've found there is a "golden zone" of difficulty. Using Survival as a base, the "golden zone" is after 20 mins but before 40 mins. When the enemies hit hard enough to be dangerous, but not hard enough to OHKO. Where you can still get away with risky moves, but getting too cocky = downed. Players do not have to lock everything down to survive, so they don't. They will when they get into trouble or find a large group, but that is perfectly fine.

There is also a good mix of units in this "golden zone". All enemies are on the table, and Eximi are pretty common. It's really quite nice. It makes me wish that all of Warframe was like this. Instead of switching from you one-shotting them to them one-shotting you.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

I agree completely. Casual marketing make more casual content for casual players, and it force devs not to make super hardcore content. In my dreams i really want that devs would make umbra excalubur super hard to recieve, without RNG using, but everyone can recieve it if they had good skills