Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any updates to solar rails re-release?

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

For those of you who unfortunately were not able to experience the joy that was the solar rail conflicts I am truly sorry. 

With a great team/clan/alliance these massive conflicts were some of the best fun I've ever had in Warframe and I've been playing since update 5.0. To me I feel that is something. 

I won't lie or attempt to sugar coat anything, rails did have a few bugs and issues that needed to be fixed but Digital Extremes has always been extremely quick and extremely good at informing people of fixes and reworks. The solar rail armistice has been in effect for longer than most of you have been playing Warframe and now we have had people ask over and over again "what is the plan with solar rails/dark sector conflicts?" 

On the Dev Stream today, May 12 2017, MANY people asked for updates and still nothing. 

I find this very disappointing and rather hurtful to some of us players who have been around since practically the beginning when Warframe was nothing more than a ship, a few frames, and 3 tilessets. 

If disrespect wad drawn from this, that is never my intent. However some sort of answer or update is required even if it's just a heads up that word is shortly coming. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

they have shown time and time again they dislike touching old content because it is not new content. That's why it takes so long to change or fix something, if it is not new or fresh they ignore it or take forever to get back to it. Its frustrating.

Just now, Darkvramp said:

they have shown time and time again they dislike touching old content because it is not new content. That's why it takes so long to change or fix something, if it is not new or fresh they ignore it or take forever to get back to it. Its frustrating.

They have gone back and reworked old frames. So it shows me it can't be that friend. I don't understand this at all. It wouldn't be an issue of they would toss us all a bone. I have thousands of players in my alliance alone on Xbox waiting for word. 

Yea but remember those frames were broken or just not worth using for a very long time before they touched it. I would go as to say since solar rails were conclave based, you might not see something like that this year.

I can confirm how neglected rails have been and the damage it's done to the veteran community from the rail days. 

I was actually notified of this post as I no longer play warframe and have uninstalled the game. I'm only here to affirm the kind of damage DEs lack of attention to the rails has done to the old community. I can tell you the single largest reason I've lost interest in this game is DEs complete disregard for bringing rails back. I was at one time a founder status member in the largest moon clan on Xbox. I'm not saying that to brag because that doesn't make me better than anyone else. I'm saying that to show that I had plenty vested in this game outside of just playing. I had developed friendships and alliances in this gaming community. But unfortunately not even all of that was enough to keep me. I know most of you won't care and probably say 'good riddance', which is fine. But just think on this. The devs care only about the new. One day you all will be the old and not the new. And you will have to deal with DEs neglect. Now in typical DE forum some mod will come and remove this post as to keep there image lol. 

Cheers. 

Just now, Darkvramp said:

Yea but remember those frames were broken or just not worth using for a very long time before they touched it. I would go as to say since solar rails were conclave based, you might not see something like that this year.

Not exactly. They were as unbound as dojo duels before DE fixed them. In a different way of looking it was the PvP raid if you will. We could deploy tons of people to fight another clan/alliance. 

I was a mercenary and I made mad profit. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Lorewalker1022 said:

I can confirm how neglected rails have been and the damage it's done to the veteran community from the rail days. 

I was actually notified of this post as I no longer play warframe and have uninstalled the game. I'm only here to affirm the kind of damage DEs lack of attention to the rails has done to the old community. I can tell you the single largest reason I've lost interest in this game is DEs complete disregard for bringing rails back. I was at one time a founder status member in the largest moon clan on Xbox. I'm not saying that to brag because that doesn't make me better than anyone else. I'm saying that to show that I had plenty vested in this game outside of just playing. I had developed friendships and alliances in this gaming community. But unfortunately not even all of that was enough to keep me. I know most of you won't care and probably say 'good riddance', which is fine. But just think on this. The devs care only about the new. One day you all will be the old and not the new. And you will have to deal with DEs neglect. Now in typical DE forum some mod will come and remove this post as to keep there image lol. 

Cheers. 

BRO! People still talk about you and a TON of us miss you man. Can't wait for your hopeful return to frames. 

1 minute ago, Darkvramp said:

I meant conclave as pvp as that's what they call it in game. They care very little for what is not popular, so things like raids, and conclave where the player use and base is very low, it gets ignored hard.

Not necessarily. Conclave has quite a few players. I'm able to be defeated on the regular by only 3 players and MANY have attempted. I see TONS of new faces in conclave. 

On Xbox it is, on PC on the other hand, well its toxic, and extremely closed off to newcomers. The skill gap is huge on PC, and leaving recruit conditioning means waiting up to 15 mins to find a match sometimes. On PC we get all the problems too and as an Xbox player you get the beta to our alpha testing. its not very fun to be honest when there is little chance to improve if you get matched up to high skill players, that don't what to help you and enjoy stomping you into the dirt and telling you to piss off.

2 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

On Xbox it is, on PC on the other hand, well its toxic, and extremely closed off to newcomers. The skill gap is huge on PC, and leaving recruit conditioning means waiting up to 15 mins to find a match sometimes. On PC we get all the problems too and as an Xbox player you get the beta to our alpha testing. its not very fun to be honest when there is little chance to improve if you get matched up to high skill players, that don't what to help you and enjoy stomping you into the dirt and telling you to piss off.

It was mostly that way in xbox. I don't stand for stuff like that the only people that can beat me don't play that stuff. 

Pc has quite a few conclavers who are good people and probably wouldn't mind teaching like I do on Xbox. 

6 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

Interesting. I've never told anyone new to "piss off", or stomp them to the dirt exactly. Might be different in other regions.

It would be nice to finally get an update.  Those of us from the rail days remeber what it was like in game.  Clans/alliance chats were extremely lively.  The culture was different.  People were always looking to push the envelope.  Now its just a bunch of people asking for hand outs.  Clan/alliance pride is pretty much non existant.  No one looks for long runs.  An general activity is slowly getting worse.  What people fail to see.  Is solar rails was bigger than just a large scale clan/alliance conflict system.  It was one of the few systems that Ive ever seen.  That actually succeded at getting thousands of players to work together for a common goal.

Also we miss you Lore, hopefully some day things will change.

Edited by (XB1)Warlord Wolfy

6 minutes ago, Pariahdragon said:

Interesting. I've never told anyone new to "piss off", or stomp them to the dirt exactly. Might be different in other regions.

It's like I said, I'm not saying anyone is a liar or wrong. All I am saying is generally there are always people willing to teach and not crush others. Generally the people that do that are the selfish and childish that don't care about the warframe community. 

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Warlord Wolfy said:

It would be nice to finally get an update.  Those of us from the rail days remeber what it was like in game.  Clans/alliance chats were extremely lively.  The culture was different.  People were always looking to push the envelope.  Now its just a bunch of people asking for hand outs.  Clan/alliance pride is pretty much non existant.  No one looks for long runs.  An general activity is slowly getting worse.  What people fail to see.  Is solar rails was bigger than just a large scale clan/alliance conflict system.  It was one of the few systems that Ive ever seen.  That actually succeded at getting thousands of players to work together for a common goal.

Also we miss you Lore, hopefully some day things will change.

On the money brother. 

You know it's a problem when you talking in clan chat and someone that been playing for quite a few doesn't even know about the solar rails. I was one of the people today in the dev stream that asked about the solar rails instead they rather respond to silly remarks of people that probably never heard of the solar rails. It was sad to see some new player whine about getting killed in the most recent conclave event on Xbox where back in the days I was in his shoes getting my &#! handed to. The thing is back then I still enjoyed it. I was something to look forward to when you were done doing your daily routine on Warframe and that's the key problem right there: Warframe just is becoming a daily routine. These new content is always completed in 2 to 3 days at most and then is back to the daily routine. If the solar rails don't come back then add some end game for us veterans.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RavagedPistol said:

You know it's a problem when you talking in clan chat and someone that been playing for quite a few doesn't even know about the solar rails. I was one of the people today in the dev stream that asked about the solar rails instead they rather respond to silly remarks of people that probably never heard of the solar rails. It was sad to see some new player whine about getting killed in the most recent conclave event on Xbox where back in the days I was in his shoes getting my &#! handed to. The thing is back then I still enjoyed it. I was something to look forward to when you were done doing your daily routine on Warframe and that's the key problem right there: Warframe just is becoming a daily routine. These new content is always completed in 2 to 3 days at most and then is back to the daily routine. If the solar rails don't come back then add some end game for us veterans.

I dealt with some crazy stuff as a merc. Id see stuff blasting across the map and killing me. It was a lot of fun circumventing those players and finding a way to defeat them and forcing them back. I loved that. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

8 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

also the conclave community on PC is strictly annihilation only, which is sad, because playing a more objective based game makes the experience better. and no not everyone is an asshat, a large majority is though.

Lol that's life in general friend. You have to find a good community. You generally want to find sarcastic a$$hat's who know how to laugh and have a good time. 

30 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

also the conclave community on PC is strictly annihilation only, which is sad, because playing a more objective based game makes the experience better. and no not everyone is an asshat, a large majority is though.

There's literally nothing from with Annihilation bias in modes. Usually, EU gets more people in Team Annihilation, while NA is more Annihilation based, since that's where most of the older players come from. Try EU?

We don't need the nodes locked out for PvP.  We don't need ridiculous taxes on the nodes.  If they can bring them back without locking out the nodes occasionally and without allowing the controlling alliance to place a tax on the rail then I'd be fine with them coming back. 

My memory of the solar rail conflicts was not doing them because clans would tax the dark sectors so much it was hardly worth running them to begin with. Small clans/alliances did not stand a chance, and big clans/alliances would win trade to maintain their rails. Always the same groups facing off against each other when I would check to see if the tax was not so stupidly high..

10 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

My memory of the solar rail conflicts was not doing them because clans would tax the dark sectors so much it was hardly worth running them to begin with. Small clans/alliances did not stand a chance, and big clans/alliances would win trade to maintain their rails. Always the same groups facing off against each other when I would check to see if the tax was not so stupidly high..

It is true that it can be taxing but they can fix these issues. They can give a certain amount of resources to the clan and alliance for each time the node was used. It doesn't need to have a tax system like it used to. The thing is they don't try to improve so it can be presentable to everyone. Instead they think it's OK to take out a feature entirely instead of balancing it out like most video game companies do. They need to make being in a clan and a alliance mean something, especially alliance. Alliance only acts like a social hub chat rather than planning out event strategies. Even if they don't bring back the solar rails. They need to give us clan and alliances a reason to oppose each other instead of  the leaderboards and side grade weapons.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

BRO! People still talk about you and a TON of us miss you man. Can't wait for your hopeful return to frames. 

Bro I miss all of you at LNL and LNLA and the AOW guys and even VB and the AGE drama lolol. But honestly no can do. DE is ultimately responsible for this. They killed the old community. They killed us. And the younger guys don't realize it cause they haven't been there. And I don't blame them. But once they become the older gen they will know. DE will neglect them too. And they'll continue their streams like both like nothing has happened. They'll delete these posts probably and they'll move on. And maybe for the better but outside of this community nothing good is said about DE. I play FH now and all the WF guys I've run into talk nothing but bad about DE and the game. And that's the impression people out side of WF have about this game. 

Uhh... What Solar Rails were you playing? I remember very clearly what Solar Rails were because it's what made me quit playing for over a year.

We were promised a Clan based PvP system for months and when it finally came out there was no PvP at all. It was nothing more than zerg clans spamming the same map over and over in a contest of who's the biggest Loser.  I seriously don't recall DE failing any worse than they did with that content.

I read later they finally added the PvP portion months later but it was too late for me, I was gone. I called blatant false advertising and left. Even so they eventually scrapped the whole thing for Conclave so doesn't seem like it worked out very well esp since the whole project was eventually abandoned.

You'd think they'd stop releasing unfinished content after that....

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Lorewalker1022 said:

Bro I miss all of you at LNL and LNLA and the AOW guys and even VB and the AGE drama lolol. But honestly no can do. DE is ultimately responsible for this. They killed the old community. They killed us. And the younger guys don't realize it cause they haven't been there. And I don't blame them. But once they become the older gen they will know. DE will neglect them too. And they'll continue their streams like both like nothing has happened. They'll delete these posts probably and they'll move on. And maybe for the better but outside of this community nothing good is said about DE. I play FH now and all the WF guys I've run into talk nothing but bad about DE and the game. And that's the impression people out side of WF have about this game. 

I been bouncing around games still even got kicked out the clan once and joined back. I know we will never get what we wanted I always come back to WF it's like a love hate relationship. I wasn't in Lock n Load at the time but I was around the solar rails. I honestly wasn't ever good but it was fun to be apart of it. But you're right the new gen will become old and will understand but I still believe that they conditioned them to the new way how things are and it wouldn't probably matter as long they can be mentioned in their top ten comments or they keep releasing more and more frames to the point where they will have no new orginal idea.