The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluctus Infinite Punchthrough

PookieNumnums

14 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Please remove fluctus's infinite punch through.

No other weapon comes with infinite innate punch through. it should be removed. 

No, not entirely, give it some. 1.0, 1.2.. thats fine. But infinite? Unjust. 

That's why Fluctus was the first and opened the way for all the other weapons. Excalibur's Exalted Blade was an exact copy after that and now we have Zenith with a similar infinite punch as well. And the players still don't see Zenith as a very powerful or unfair weapon.

15 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

Please remove fluctus's infinite punch through.

No other weapon comes with infinite innate punch through. it should be removed. 

No, not entirely, give it some. 1.0, 1.2.. thats fine. But infinite? Unjust. 

Fluctus punchthrough is 275m, which is considerably lower than its maximum range of 450m. Yes, it runs through most walls and obstacles, no, it's still not infinite.

It is also by no mean the objective best Archwing weapon. Velocitus beats it by a mile in raw damage (especially relevant against bosses), and with how poorly it scales with level (which you rarely see in Starchart AW but 100% of the time in JV) both Imperator (Vandal) and Grattler are highly-competitive alternatives.

12 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Only, if you don't play against higher levels. After some "waves" on Caelusthe Fluctus will fall off.

It also falls off considerably if you're running JV. It will take multiple shots to kill just about anything (and deals laughable damage against Jordas just like the normal one, of course), and is more valued by its ability to hit multiple buttons at once there.

Edited by Mattoropael

was unaware of the limited range of flight on the fluctus. i only saw it going through everything as far as i ventured away from the point of the user, during the farming for razorback. 

limiting the flight would be essentially limiting the punchthrough by proxy since it can only go as far as the flight of the projectile, i would be equally fine with that.

also you guys and your anti nerf clubs should get off of your high horses XD 

and yeah, i never really played much with the zenith, it doesnt interest me at all. AND you can only see through walls as far as the disc lets you, which is relatively limited. the issue i had with the fluctus is that you shoot in a general direction of where you KNOW the enemies are coming from due to limited spawnspots, and you can be two tiles over and hitting them. it seemed unnecessary, and in fact a bit annoying at its excessive distance traveled through tons of solid metal (the ship). 

and before anyone claims 'outplayed' nope. i still had top dmg and kills. it just needs to be dialed down a bit to be in line with most stuff.

and back on topic of zenith... that weapon takes 500 days to get (which i have) and isnt really op, and spawn closets in nonaw missions are a lot less strictly placed and more varied in type and tile. anyhow, with all of that said, the fluctus projectiles need an adjustment, be it limited punch through or limited range. i would prefer inf range and limited punch through as stuff flies through space till its stopped.