Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Naramon Excalibur Exalted blade build guide. - IKenofoxI

Kenoman

Question

Hi there. I've made a build using ***Naramon*** focus and Excalibur's exalted blade modding and weapon modding.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BECAUSE THE FOCUS TREE IS GETTING A SLEDGEHAMMER TO THE FACE, THIS WILL ONLY WORK FOR THE TIME BEING FOCUS BEING LIVE ON THE BUILD.

USE WITH CAUTION. I WILL ALSO NEED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS OR REBUILD IF THERE IS NO WAY THIS BUILD COULD BE USED POST REWORK. so yeah.

Here are the mod configurations.

This can be achieved with 5-6 forma on Excalibur, and no forma on the nikana prime. Don't mind the 8 forma as it's because I've made a mistake and had to bandage it twice.

------EXCALIBUR BUILD:: 5-6 FORMA------ Name: EXALTED BLADE. (Purely meant to ** synergize with Naramon focus**)

Concept explanation:: 

With the usage of Naramon's invisibility, we focus on this advantage given by invisibility and how it can be used for Excalibur.

His radial blind is no longer a necessity to apply the x8 stealth damage multiplier. The only time you would need it from now, is when your team mate requires 

crowd control to give them time to take a little break. However, reviving, and stealth damage multiplier can be achieved while your Naramon gives you your 10 second invisibility at max rank, thus mostly removing the need to use a radial blind anymore on your Excalibur.

Because of this, I took the measure of reducing the efficiency((BLIND RAGE)) of this Excalibur, and increased duration ((PRIMED CONTINUITY)) to counter the energy drain time of the Excalibur. I've also given it more power pool((PRIMED FLOW)) to counter the energy drainage.

To further support chance of survival and counter the energy drainage, I've given the Excalibur an increased health pool,((VITALITY)) and way to convert health into energy, ((RAGE))

along with way to increase effective health points in a pinch to survive. ((QUICK THINKING*))

The rest of the build is focused around mustering as much power strength for the exalted blade's base damage.

((INTENSIFY)) ((BLIND RAGE)) ((TRANSIENT FORTITUDE)) ((POWER DRIFT))

------* for quick thinking, this causes a stagger. Please be ready to move away from the site or find a way to recover your health as soon as you can ESPECIALLY AT ENERGY POOL AT 75 OR LOWER.

---Corrosive projection is for VS CORRUPTED/GRINEER

---Energy siphon is for VS INFESTED, CORPUS

uLyVCrS.png

------VS INFESTED, CORPUS (LOW ARMOR OPPONENTS) --- AURA- ENERGY SIPHON.

Healing return is there to counter toxin effects. if you get lucky enough to proc gas, you may get back a little bit of health, thus helping your rage fill more energy should you take more damage again.

1KYYdLW.png

------VS CORRUPTED, GRINEER (HIGH ARMOR OPPONENTS) --- AURA- CORROSIVE PROJECTION.

Hit them with viral slash combo.

VpOGkgi.png

---DEMONSTRATION VIDEO COMING SOON BUT NO PROMISES BECAUSE I'M LAZY. YOU'RE WELCOME TO TRY IT THOUGH HOWEVER.---

VS infested (Works against corpus too)^

VS Corrupted.

Edited by IKenofoxI

17 answers to this question

Just now, aligatorno said:

Isn't it a little counter productive to have Rage on a build that is made specifically for you to be always invisible ? 

The rage can help you early on while you have your naramon charging. You could also have the toxic ancients damage you for energy, or sometimes enemies will fire at your team mates and you can get caught in the crossfire, thus having damage dealt to you. It combines well with quick thinking to provide support for survival. 

No Surging dash, no +1... Seriously swap out rage for surging dash, you will be amazed.

Also quick thinking should NOT be combined with Vitality, but rather Steel fiber as it decreases the energy drain lethal attacks cause.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

1 minute ago, CrudShuzKong said:

No Surging dash, no +1... Seriously swap out rage for surging dash, you will be amazed.

Funfact: Exalted blade's combo counter does not increase with the exalted blade's waves.

You have to be within melee range for your combo counter to increase for the exalted, but most of the time spent killing these enemies will likely to be with the energy waves, thus giving you barely any time to build up your combo counter. Not only that but because this is a negative efficiency build, you would do more detriment than good for the duration of your exalted blade. Therefore there'd be little sense to add the surging dash augment in place of what would replenish your energy upon damage taken for emergency should you need to escape or replenish energy to finish the job.

1 minute ago, IKenofoxI said:

Funfact: Exalted blade's combo counter does not increase with the exalted blade's waves.

Yeah that is exactly why you push up the counter with surging dash. The Waves dont ADD combo coutner but they GROFIT from its damage multiplier.

It is definitely hard to fit in if you are running an unbalanced Blind Rage though.

I would probably get rid of quick thinking for Fleeting Expertise, Rage for Surging Dash and put Life Strike on my melee instead of Healing return.

With Surging Dash damage output is definitely high enough to never run out of energy just with orbs and you only lose some survivability which shouldnt really matter with life strike on your melee until you get up Shadow Step.

41 minutes ago, IKenofoxI said:

uLyVCrS.png

This is my build. Works similar but has less strength. With the right melee build. It's still godly.

Spoiler

1d1d9788fecd60fcce2493fed242d1c9.jpg

And this is my nikana build. The gas proc and slash is op:

Spoiler

cff88c86bfb8b69cf551a18f288af347.jpg

Edited by Arniox

41 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Yeah that is exactly why you push up the counter with surging dash. The Waves dont ADD combo coutner but they GROFIT from its damage multiplier.

It is definitely hard to fit in if you are running an unbalanced Blind Rage though.

I would probably get rid of quick thinking for Fleeting Expertise, Rage for Surging Dash and put Life Strike on my melee instead of Healing return.

With Surging Dash damage output is definitely high enough to never run out of energy just with orbs and you only lose some survivability which shouldnt really matter with life strike on your melee until you get up Shadow Step.

Correct. They benefit from damage multiplier, however, You will be right up the enemy as you slash dash,  and two, you would be spending 23 energy per swing for 4 combo hits added, with 3.33 energy spent per seconds. With current exalted build, the enemies will fall relatively quickly and you will unlikely to have time to slide in slash dash unless if the enemies are grineers and corrupted. But keep in note you only have 425 energy max pool, 23 energy per slash dash with 3.3 energy drain per seconds.  Minimum you have 15.3 seconds to work with assuming you build up your combo counter using slash dash (23 energy) once per second(+3.33 energy) per enemies at say level 170 corrupted bombards at optimal opportunity to build your combo counter. Your chances being lower if you don't have enemies alive around you or the enemies are weaker that you end up killing them quickly.   You would then have (15secx4cmb) 60cmb+ combo hit counters. You will have 2.5(45 cmb)-3x(135 cmb) base damage multiplier. If you do not fit in a drifting contact to the melee weapon you will very likely lose this combo in 1-2 seconds thus sending you back to 0 combo. The fluctuation will very likely provide you unstable results.

Not only that but if you suggest to use life strike, you will be channeling your swings, draining you 10 energy per swing. With absence of rage, you have no way of maintaining energy apart from energy orbs.  

Also note that you can get 4x combo hits in a matter of less than a second, only costing you 2.94 energy(On my current build) as opposed to 23 energy from surging dash. -- as you only need to be within melee range to hit them 4 times.

Edited by IKenofoxI

Naramon build? Really? Why even play Excal at that point? Play Banshee or Saryn. That's kinda why Naramon is stupid.

No crit build for his weapon, no primed fury, no Drifting Contact and using Spoiled Strike?

I  have 2 Energize sets and Blind Rage is a gamble to maintain for Excal, esp if there's energy drain auras around.

Using Vitality when you're invis, QT when you're invis, Rage, when you're invis. 3 mods that do nothing 2 min into the game.

The guy who mentioned Surging Dash is correct in it's value. Least when you mod your weapon well. It allows Excal to maintain his Combo Counter easily and regain it quickly if by chance you lose it.  Even if you don't use the augment Excal needs to Dash enemies in order to keep his combo counter going which provides him with much more damage output than Blind Rage. Losing your combo counter makes Excal trash.

This is all besides Blind allowing Excal to execute heavy units being paramount at higher levels to maintain a good kill rate and Shattering Impact + Corrosive status don't actually work together at all. There's no reason to use both, like ever.

HI

Is my exal (exalted blade) LgVNZ1r.jpg

Stat on 4:

90Sl1IW.jpg

"Rage is ussles when you use naramon Invisible = no take dmg (only AoE can deal you dmg) and rage no give you energy." (my opinion)

Attacks and energy waves have a 200% critical damage multiplier with a 15% critical chance and a 10% status chance. (Info from wiki)

My weapon build good when nikana sword etc more dmg attack speed 10%

Zap08wh.jpg

Exal have only 10% SC (status chance on 4 and in my opinion 60% with status is bad)

With True Steel you 4 have 24% CC (crit chance)

DMG on 4 with 299% STR
icone_impact.pngimpact

icone_penetration.pngpuncture

icone_tranchant.pngslash

=1212 DMG

With Energy Conversion
icone_impact.pngimpact

icone_penetration.pngpuncture

icone_tranchant.pngslash

=1412.01 DMG

On this Stats work melle mods better is use 90% elemental no 120% (slash,impact,puncture) beacuse 90% mod with elemental take 90% from (impact,puncture,slash)

When Drifting Contact no be fix still give you melle counter :d (body count no work)

Berserker + Fury = Insane Attack Speed ( + arcane strike and you can spam e e e e e e :D)

Why gas proc hmm beacuse when you be invisible you have additional x8 DMG multi and this multi work on DoT on gas (gas have DoT x8 + Toxic Cloud x8 + Toxic Cloud DoT x8)

I use Arcane Energizer + Strike (more att spd and My own EV)

30 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Naramon build? Really? Why even play Excal at that point? Play Banshee or Saryn. That's kinda why Naramon is stupid.

No crit build for his weapon, no primed fury, no Drifting Contact and using Spoiled Strike?

I  have 2 Energize sets and Blind Rage is a gamble to maintain for Excal, esp if there's energy drain auras around.

Using Vitality when you're invis, QT when you're invis, Rage, when you're invis. 3 mods that do nothing 2 min into the game.

The guy who mentioned Surging Dash is correct in it's value. Least when you mod your weapon well. It allows Excal to maintain his Combo Counter easily and regain it quickly if by chance you lose it.  Even if you don't use the augment Excal needs to Dash enemies in order to keep his combo counter going which provides him with much more damage output than Blind Rage. Losing your combo counter makes Excal trash.

This is all besides Blind allowing Excal to execute heavy units being paramount at higher levels to maintain a good kill rate and Shattering Impact + Corrosive status don't actually work together at all. There's no reason to use both, like ever.

Actually agreed on the corrosive point. This was an issue I have looked into an hour ago after I noticed on it's severe lack of likelihood of scaling for the vs grineer/corrupted. I've updated the corrosive build for a different one. You will see this up shortly.

"Naramon build? Really? Why even play Excal at that point? Play Banshee or Saryn. That's kinda why Naramon is stupid."

Because there are players who wants to play Excalibur late into the game. Which is doable as I will demonstrate. Naramon being stupid is a different issue and has nothing to do with Excalibur. But by all means if there are better alternatives there's nothing stopping them from using banshee or saryn. This is not a cheeseguide.

"The guy who mentioned Surging Dash is correct in it's value. Least when you mod your weapon well. It allows Excal to maintain his Combo Counter easily and regain it quickly if by chance you lose it.  Even if you don't use the augment Excal needs to Dash enemies in order to keep his combo counter going which provides him with much more damage output than Blind Rage. Losing your combo counter makes Excal trash." I've agreed that the combo counter indeed contributes, and I have a new build to present to show an alternative and perhaps superior option to that of a corrosive build. I disagree that surging dash is worth the mod slot however.

Oh, they're changing Focus? Whatever, I guess. The only reason anyone used it for was the passives that covered up half the problems in this game. I wonder how they'll manage to cover up the glaring issue of melee being nearly useless without heavy CC like Radial Blind or a stealth frame if they decide to get rid of Naramon's Shadowstep.

Why are you not using Shattering Impact? Who needs Corrosive projection when you can reduce anythings armor in a few swings, regardless of your impact damage percentage and regardless of their level? You just need to have impact damage at all and it works entirely the same, which in turn allows you to proc slash damage for more. And yes, it works with the waves. 

3 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Also quick thinking should NOT be combined with Vitality, but rather Steel fiber as it decreases the energy drain lethal attacks cause.

Surging Dash is useless against Corpus and Corrupted, since Nullifiers dispel your Exalted Blade and in turn gets rid of your entire combo counter. Relentless Combination is a far better source of combo counter longevity since it also activates from Wave slash procs. 

You've built your entire Naramon build for what you do before Naramon is active which makes a good 30% of it useless when it becomes active. All you have to do is wait or get good at dodging or even use Shade. Get rid of the useless durability mods that won't save you anyway when you get into "end game." If you're not focusing on Enemies over level 100 I don't see a point of even caring if Naramon is active. Everything will die before you even have the chance to get to a 2.5x combo multiplier with 288% power strength. Even on a build with 40% power strength I kill anything under level 100 by just mindlessly attacking a wall.

Also, I can't see a point to using spoiled strike at all. Just a regular fury increases your DPS far better, allows you to proc status and crit more per second, and is generally better in all categories. Why are you using it? I even compared it just using your build on builder and swapping only spoiled with fury. At 4x and max berserker stacks the difference in DPS is over one thousand. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Surging Dash is useless against Corpus and Corrupted, since Nullifiers dispel your Exalted Blade and in turn gets rid of your entire combo counter. Relentless Combination is a far better source of combo counter longevity since it also activates from Wave slash procs. 

I actually havent thought of using relentless combination on exalted blade for some reason, sounds really nice tho.

2 hours ago, Drakulon said:

Why gas proc hmm beacuse when you be invisible you have additional x8 DMG multi and this multi work on DoT on gas (gas have DoT x8 + Toxic Cloud x8 + Toxic Cloud DoT x8)

This has been fixed, you only get x8 damage overall, no stacking multipliers anymore.

57 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Oh, they're changing Focus? Whatever, I guess. The only reason anyone used it for was the passives that covered up half the problems in this game. I wonder how they'll manage to cover up the glaring issue of melee being nearly useless without heavy CC like Radial Blind or a stealth frame if they decide to get rid of Naramon's Shadowstep.

Why are you not using Shattering Impact? Who needs Corrosive projection when you can reduce anythings armor in a few swings, regardless of your impact damage percentage and regardless of their level? You just need to have impact damage at all and it works entirely the same, which in turn allows you to proc slash damage for more. And yes, it works with the waves. 

You've built your entire Naramon build for what you do before Naramon is active which makes a good 30% of it useless when it becomes active. All you have to do is wait or get good at dodging or even use Shade. Get rid of the useless durability mods that won't save you anyway when you get into "end game." If you're not focusing on Enemies over level 100 I don't see a point of even caring if Naramon is active. Everything will die before you even have the chance to get to a 2.5x combo multiplier with 288% power strength. Even on a build with 40% power strength I kill anything under level 100 by just mindlessly attacking a wall.

Also, I can't see a point to using spoiled strike at all. Just a regular fury increases your DPS far better, allows you to proc status and crit more per second, and is generally better in all categories. Why are you using it? I even compared it just using your build on builder and swapping only spoiled with fury. At 4x and max berserker stacks the difference in DPS is over one thousand. 

The reason why there is a spoiled strike is because it increases the damage tick of the bleed or toxin damage per tick. the damage is not purely from exalted blade alone doing the damage. A regular fury may give you more swing speed, but the damage output will scale further when it's status based and the tick won't all of the sudden increase just because you're swinging fast. So then it would make more sense to add base damage to it. Like with condition overload,or spoiled strike- which in this case spoiled strike grants 100% more damage, thus being more desirable.

5 hours ago, IKenofoxI said:

The reason why there is a spoiled strike is because it increases the damage tick of the bleed or toxin damage per tick. the damage is not purely from exalted blade alone doing the damage. A regular fury may give you more swing speed, but the damage output will scale further when it's status based and the tick won't all of the sudden increase just because you're swinging fast. So then it would make more sense to add base damage to it. Like with condition overload,or spoiled strike- which in this case spoiled strike grants 100% more damage, thus being more desirable.

Not really.

Spoiled Strike adds 38% total damage output before the reduced attack speed. Condition Overload adds 60% total damage output per status effect.

Condition Overload, Primed Fury, Shattering Impact (When not using Corrosive) and in many cases even a 60/60 mod are all better.

There's really no situation where Spoiled Strike is a good choice these days.

Attacks speed is double effective for Excalibur. It affects your base swing speed and the wave creation speed. There is also fall-off from distance and enemies struck by each wave which factors into the total wave damage, giving attack speed even more of an advantage over base damage.

I made a cheesey diagram a while back when Primed Fury came out to illustrate the effect of atk speed on Excal and his waves.

Spoiler

FYnmxXE.jpg

If I recall the top Excal is using a 90% elemental and the bottom is using Primed Fury. At the start the top has 3,000 potential damage within 2 seconds and the bottom has 4,000 potential damage which is 33.3% more damage output. At the end of fall-off from striking enemies and distance the bottom has 48.6% more damage compared to the top. So not only does the Bottom Excal start with more damage but they maintain even greater damage towards the end of a wave's lifespan.

17 hours ago, CrudShuzKong said:

^

Drifting contact on melee is even able to use the combo. That's fast and easy multipliers for excal. Even tho i'd replace it with QT... Just any kind of energy management is infinitly better then the safety net defensive mods are, for a frame that can and will have to deal with nothing but stray damage anyways.