Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hybrid Speed/slow Nova build

-Oni-Bushido-

That moment when you enter a public lobby with you slow nova to cc and play calmly, and a teammate blames you for slowing the fight because they want to rush the mission... I think I've found the solution: Hybrid! Will this build work as I'm intending to do so? maybe the stats are not the maximum negative strength and >45% strength for maximum slowdown, but it should be fine..

Of course, Primed Vigor could be replaced for narrowminded and handspring  for power drift to improve even further

epdHl0z.jpg

Edited by -Oni-Bushido-
spelling mistakes -_-

3 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

If my math is correct, any Nova build with a power strength of 70% or less will result in speed increase to enemies. This build you have is a Speed Nova.

energy conversion... That's the point of this build. If I want to speed up, I just cast. If I want a slow nova, I pick up an energy orb and then activate..

Edited by -Oni-Bushido-

1 minute ago, -Oni-Bushido- said:

energy conversion... That's the point of the build. If I want to speed up, I just cast. If I want a slow nova, I pick up an energy orb and then activate..

I've heard this idea tossed around before and I haven't tried it yet. Hypothetically it should work, but I worry about the actual functionality in game. If you're running a Sentinel with Vacuum, you're picking those orbs up almost as soon as they drop (unless you're mostly staying in one place), and otherwise you're tied to the Energy Orbs drop rates to get the power strength that you want.

It is worth experimenting with though. You may give it a shot and see if it works in game.

I must clarify I hadn't seen that post before. I've been using the same nova build for almost 1 year, and today I started messing with her passive, so went for high range, but also wanted to have power str, as I'm mainly a slow nova. And suddenly this idea appeared. probably the only warframe I see this mod actually helps, except for players who don't like sacrificing 25% power duration using transient fortitude. I personally never bother, just stick TF and go on.

So I hope this build helps those players looking for versatility with this magnific warframe. have fun!

Just go 70% neutral as your default. It primes everything without any nasty side effects and keeps range maxed for portals. I have slow/speed builds for the rare occasion those are needed.

They really should just let nova choose between the three on the fly. Kind of a stupid mechanic when it's locked by your build.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra