Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum

(PSN)JXIIVLM

Question

7 answers to this question

The best source of plat is farming and selling vaulted frames. Of course this can only be done at certain times and requires that you wait months before selling. For instance, I recently sold 8 Loki sets for 3k and he was vaulted May 2016.  A second option are event mods but they are also at the mercy of a farming window and there really hasn't been a good farming event in a while. Still I made about 2k the first time Acolytes showed up for maybe 5 hours of work.

For the most part the best sources of plat are at the mercy of a time gate, hence why those things are valuable.

A good limited source of plat that's always available is Syndicate rep. Align yourself with either the left or right side and do the daily missions. You can make about 30-50p a day Selling mods and spend maybe an hour doing them. It's not the best but it's decent. The results will vary because the daily rep is tied to Mastery Rank and the Ayatan you find during those missions may or may not be useful to you.

Another source that's always open are Riven mods but this requires a bit of starting plat. You buy a junk Riven, roll the hell out of it and sell it for x10 more.

Outside that farming a mod when it's new or a prime set when it's new can make decent plat, though after about a week the price drops too much. Most prime sets are not worth farming for plat since Void 2.0. Esp since it takes forever to find a Radshare outside that first week of release.

In the end, it's harder to gain plat as a new player because you need most things you're farming. Once you no longer need much; everything you farm is effectively plat. Including Endo, extra mods, Ayatan and Credits.

You could work a niche. I still see people in Trade Chat wanting to buy a Sancti Tigris.

One thing to do is to make sure you join a good clan with regular players so you can squad with them, to help build a stock of things people want. From there, you might need to be in trade chat often.

Also, don't be afraid when starting out to ask for a few more plat. I mean after a deal is done. "3 more plat and I can get another slot" kind of thing. Only do this if your low MR.

3 minutes ago, Kihana said:

Also, don't be afraid when starting out to ask for a few more plat. I mean after a deal is done. "3 more plat and I can get another slot" kind of thing. Only do this if your low MR.

I think that "if it's true" would be a better reason the "if you"re low MR".

12 hours ago, Kihana said:

I'd walk away from a confirmed trade if some idiot tried to beg some plat off me like that.  Certainly everyone has their own opinion on how acceptable that would be but do know that if you try it you will run into people like me that consider it beyond rude.