Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons for progression?

(PSN)Vaangus

Question

Hi fellow Tennos!

I could need some advice or suggestion on different weapons and some advice on mods for progression since im fairly new to this game and starting to dive into the game in more indepth!

I know that the weapon of choise differ from person to person based on preferences and playstyle! But I just hit MK 7 and im currently little stuck on Uranus, the foes can take a hit or two now and can deliver quite the punch to. I have read all about the elemental types for the different enemys! But im looking for weapons (Primary. secondary and melee) that could help me give me just the edge to get through the missions solo and the tips on mods for them. 

Or just tell me what you used to get by Uranus :) 

Thanks in Advance

18 answers to this question

I suggest primary weapons like Paris prime or Tigris with damage dealing mods to clear pretty much the entire star chart. Go with the Lex prime as your secondary with crit and status chance mods. If you can't get a lex prime, try the normal lex. Both are amazing. Melee weapon, anything that seems fun for you really. All melee weapons are good if modded correctly. Have fun with warframe, bud! 

Weapons themselves are far less relevant then the mods on those weapons.  Have you got the core damage mods?  Multishot?  Elementals?  Are they max rank?  That matters far more then which weapon they're on.

I agree with @(Xbox One)CFE Jackipanda about Paris Prime. It's relatively easy to farm, powerful, and really easy to mod without rare mods. Once you get the Ambulas Reborn event, the Supra Vandal awarded during is also a solid primary choice, and is already potato'd as a bonus.

For secondary, I recommend Synoid Gammacor. I know I'm going to get some odd looks, but when I'm not going for stealth I find my self chewing through Corpus star chart nodes with it. The core magnetic damage makes their shields trivial, being able to mod in two more composite damage types gives a lot of resistance exploitation freedom, and the radial magnetic blasts sweep rooms quick.

3 hours ago, Azure.Fang said:

I know I'm going to get some odd looks

Only cos you're suggesting a Syndicate Weapon.

Yeah, OP, to get passed Uranus what you need to do is sign up with Cephalon Suda syndicate, rank up that syndicate 5 times (please note you'll need prime parts and plenty of credits for this, let alone the time) and then build up another 100,000 standing and get your Synoid Gammacor. Then, and only then, will you conquer Uranus. Or you could of course spend time in trade chat trying to buy this weapon for 30ish plat. Pay to win.

I'm only joking OP. All you really need to do is get some decent damage mods on the weapons you already own and you'll do fine. As Phatose said the mods are much more important than the weapon. Pretty much all the weapons will struggle without the correct mods.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

5 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yeah, OP, to get passed Uranus what you need to do is sign up with Cephalon Suda syndicate, rank up that syndicate 5 times (please note you'll need prime parts and plenty of credits for this, let alone the time) and then build up another 100,000 standing and get your Synoid Gammacor.

Ranking up two syndicates to max level and acquiring those mods and weapons is without a doubt better "progression" for a new player than advancing to Neptune, Sedna, Eris, or Pluto.  The best part is the OP can do do both at the same time. 

On my alt account the vaykor marelok was my first real secondary and the rakta ballistica my second.  Both in hand before hitting MR 8.  And earned not bought.  Granted I wasn't "really" an MR1-8 player while I'm earning that stuff and I know precisely how to focus on that goal to an extent that a new player wouldn't.

But the point is encouraging a new player to concentrate on syndicates early is a good thing.  You aren't doing any one any favors by brushing it off as impossible.  Especially when it is very achievable if they try.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Ranking up two syndicates to max level and acquiring those mods and weapons is without a doubt better "progression" for a new player than advancing to Neptune, Sedna, Eris, or Pluto.  The best part is the OP can do do both at the same time. 

On my alt account the vaykor marelok was my first real secondary and the rakta ballistica my second.  Both in hand before hitting MR 8.  And earned not bought.  Granted I wasn't "really" an MR1-8 player while I'm earning that stuff and I know precisely how to focus on that goal to an extent that a new player wouldn't.

But the point is encouraging a new player to concentrate on syndicates early is a good thing.  You aren't doing any one any favors by brushing it off as impossible.  Especially when it is very achievable if they try.

Never said it was impossible. Just kinda a long way to go just to get passed Uranus. 

Hey, guess what? On your alt account you knew all about Mods. Seems kinda obvious the OP doesn't or they wouldn't be asking about weapons that don't exist in the game.

I just don't think that someone who needs to learn about mods being given the idea that there's a magic weapon hidden behind hours of play time is very good advice. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Never said it was impossible. Just kinda a long way to go just to get passed Uranus. 

Hey, guess what? On your alt account you knew all about Mods. Seems kinda obvious the OP doesn't or they wouldn't be asking about weapons that don't exist in the game.

I just don't think that someone who needs to learn about mods being given the idea that there's a magic weapon hidden behind hours of play time is very good advice. Sorry.

Kind of like how putting that same player on Pluto isn't great advice.  Rather than answering the OP's some what misguided question how about we try to guide him in a better direction?

Acquiring and ranking mods was great advice.  It takes a lot of game time and can be done on the planets he already has unlocked.  While he's doing that there is no reason to not advance syndicates with a goal of earning some of the best weapons in the game.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Kind of like how putting that same player on Pluto isn't great advice.  Rather than answering the OP's some what misguided question how about we try to guide him in a better direction?

Acquiring and ranking mods was great advice.  It takes a lot of game time and can be done on the planets he already has unlocked.  While he's doing that there is no reason to not advance syndicates with a goal of earning some of the best weapons in the game.

Dude, you're not wrong.

Just Synoid Gammacor to get passed Uranus is wrong.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Vaangus said:

...I could need some advice...on mods for progression...

Defensively it will help if you pick up the basics for your frames.  Flow, Continuity, Stretch, Intensify for your powers and Vitality, Steel Fiber, Redirection for Health, Armor and Shields.  Leveling the same types of mods is a good idea for weapons (i.e. damage and multishot mods are generally useful for all weapon types) but the mods you put on your frames will usually vary from frame to frame.  The rule of thumb for frame mods is to buff a strong stat rather than to shore up a weak stat.  Buffing armor for Valkyr is a better idea than buffing armor for Nova.

Offensively others have already posted good information here. @Phatose brings up a good point about weapon mods.  If you don't have problems with doing some reading check out Tier List.  This list has some good general descriptions about frames, weapons, companions, etc. in Warframe along with the MR they are available and ranking according to power.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Vaangus said:

Hi fellow Tennos!

I could need some advice or suggestion on different weapons and some advice on mods for progression since im fairly new to this game and starting to dive into the game in more indepth!

I know that the weapon of choise differ from person to person based on preferences and playstyle! But I just hit MK 7 and im currently little stuck on Uranus, the foes can take a hit or two now and can deliver quite the punch to. I have read all about the elemental types for the different enemys! But im looking for weapons (Primary. secondary and melee) that could help me give me just the edge to get through the missions solo and the tips on mods for them. 

Or just tell me what you used to get by Uranus :) 

Thanks in Advance

At Max Rank 7 you should already have weapons that'll carry you through the Starchart. But if you need some easy, 'budget beast' weapons:

PRIMARY: Soma, Dex Sybaris (anniversary gift), Dread (easy to get from Stalker), Paris Prime (easiest prime to get by far, except maybe Lex Prime), Boltor (iffy).

SECONDARY: Akstiletti, Dex Furis is O.K. if you bring Carrier, Sonicor, Staticor, AkMagnus, Lex Prime (easy to get), Vaykor Marelok (you can probably buy this for 25 - 30ish plat). 

MELEE: Dual Ichors, Lesion, Dex Dakra is O.K. (I love the Dex weapons), Atterax (probably the best melee in the game atm), and BROKEN WAR. Broken War is super strong with Crimson Dervish. 

Note, these are all 'Budget Beasts' - weapons that are fairly easy to come by, in my somewhat-knowledge-limited opinion. Good luck.

Additionally, mods are probably 85% of a weapon's damage output. At the very least, try to obtain (for primaries):
Serration: damage

Vital Sense: +crit damage (depends on weapon)

Point strike: +crit chance (depends on weapon)

All the elementals

Split Chamber 

For secondaries:

Hornet Strike (damage) 

The elementals 

Barrel Diffusion 

Lethal Torrent

For melee:

Pressure point, Organ Shatter + True Steel (situational), impact/slash/puncture mods, fury, beserker + the combo mods if you can afford 'em. Realistically only need +damage mods and +crit/status mods for good weapons through the Starchart.

Edited by LeBronasaurus

9 hours ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Yeah, OP, to get passed Uranus what you need to do is sign up with Cephalon Suda syndicate, rank up that syndicate 5 times (please note you'll need prime parts and plenty of credits for this, let alone the time) and then build up another 100,000 standing and get your Synoid Gammacor. Then, and only then, will you conquer Uranus. Or you could of course spend time in trade chat trying to buy this weapon for 30ish plat. Pay to win.

I'm only joking OP. All you really need to do is get some decent damage mods on the weapons you already own and you'll do fine. As Phatose said the mods are much more important than the weapon. Pretty much all the weapons will struggle without the correct mods.

Conquer Uranus.

lol

For primaries there's plenty of variety to choose from to get you through Uranus, just potato it and throw a forma or two on it and you should be good. For secondaries I highly recommend Lex Prime/Vaykor Marelok/Aksomati, all three are relatively easy to obtain weapons that will easy get you to the end of the map if you mod correctly. Melee's, you've also got plenty of options, personally I just use Broken War/Dragon Nikana and Ack and Brunt (I know, you only can really get the last one after you beat Uranus, but it's my main), though there's tons of other melees that serve the job just as well.

TL;DR: as long as you potato/forma/mod a weapon correctly, 9/10 you should be able to use it far into the map.

Wow thanks for all the answers! they have made me go through Uranus! I hade Paris Prime and Dread when i posted this thred and as you said paris prime with all the damage mods i could find, together with the elemental mods made things allot easier! Im really grateful for the tier list, that will help me further down the road! I'm currently crafting the Lesion that will probably become my main until orthos prime. I just love the polearms! And im still uppgrading my other elemtal mods (gotta farm that endo :P ), im also time to time running syndicate mission for the Hek! what I've heard it should be a beast!

But are the any more rarer mods i should keep an eye for? One previously mentioned Lethal Torrent which i have, any more like that i should looking for?

8 hours ago, (PS4)Vaangus said:

...Im really grateful for the tier list, that will help me further down the road!...

Glad I could help!

8 hours ago, (PS4)Vaangus said:

...But are the any more rarer mods i should keep an eye for? One previously mentioned Lethal Torrent which i have, any more like that i should looking for?

Damage and multishot mods are usually used in builds for every weapon type.  There can be exceptions based on the weapon and build but most of the time this is true.

Rifles:  Serration, Split Chamber

Shotguns:  Hell's Chamber, Point Blank/Primed Point Blank

Pistols: Barrel Diffusion, Hawk Eye, Lethal Torrent

You already mentioned it but stay on the lookout for 90% damage elemental mods and 60% damage 60% status elemental mods for the different weapon types.   Elemental mods of some type are usually in builds for every weapon.  Much like the damage and multishot mods above the best way to make weapons hit harder usually involves an elemental combo.  Determining whether you use the straight damage elemental mods or the dual stat elemental mods is usually based on how much of a chance the weapon has for status without mods.  Used less often though still important are mods for each weapon type that increase critical hit chance and critical hit damage.  The crit mods are used for specific weapons from each type. .