Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some (easy?) limbo fixes to make him less annoying

Fallen_Echo

Okay before i start this topic i aim to technically not do anything with his skillset directly. I just list some fixes and extras to make this frame less annoying.

1. we need information. Add in hud info what shows active cata, banish,surge and stasis durations. No one likes to guess when he can do anything with an enemy.

2. add the bullet counter to each frames (not as a universal counter)and when they reach the limit make them unable to fire. (to prevent people trolling limbo)

3. add in a laser pointer system into stasis what show where the shots going and an indicator system what shows the damage done to the enemy what will get hit by the bullets.(a secondary health line)

4. killed enemies (by melee) should immideatly leave the rift.

5. add in a stronger colorization or effect to enemies affected by limbo powers.

6. add in an indicator for limbo to see if there are enemies left in the rift (no more lost mob)

7. remove that violent vortex effect on cata and replace it with something calm. Its hurts peoples eye.

8. Add a strong indication to players who are banished.

9. Tapping shift should just throw people out of the other plane instantly, without animation.

My ez fix to lambo:

1. Realize that you don't get a limbo more than like 2x each 100 games

2. If you get a limbo try to comunicate with him and give him feedback on what is annoying you or what he is doing wrong

3. Be patient, while you are MLG pro and always were from day 1, others might not to

4. Realize your whining is pitiful and you eventually stop complaining

Limbo is not annoying, people are annoying. Creating posts and post complaining/fixing an actually sucessful rework, and meanwhile clog the forums with stupid S#&$ when frames like hyrdoid, oberon, nezha, etc needs more love

PS: OP this is not really directed towards you, it is just for limbo haters that will come here complain, I know you're actually trying some QoL to limbo

Edited by LycanPT

40 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

2. add the bullet counter to each frames (not as a universal counter)and when they reach the limit make them unable to fire. (to prevent people trolling limbo)

That's the other way round.

Honestly. How can one propose to completely prevents people from playing once the limit is reached ? What are you expecting ?

My ez fix for Limbos :

1- Twin Grakata w/ maxed Fire Rate. Works evri tiem

1bis- Leave game (even better if I'm host).

1ter- Remove Stasis limitation for the group. Maybe Limbo wants to be a Melee-warrior, his mates are likely not (there are 200 non-melee weapons in the game, and some melee weapons are even impacted by this nightmare : Zenistar, Redeemer, Glaive...).

Edited by Chewarette

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's the other way round.

Honestly. How can one propose to completely prevents people from playing once the limit is reached ? What are you expecting ? So no people could go in and destroy stasis when i pulled it up so i can revive in peace. 300 bullet and no more shooting.

My ez fix for Limbos :

1- Twin Grakata w/ maxed Fire Rate. Works evri tiem Unless the limbo uses surge combo when not even melee works.

1bis- Leave game (even better if I'm host).

1ter- Remove Stasis limitation for the group. Maybe Limbo wants to be a Melee-warrior, his mates are likely not (there are 200 non-melee weapons in the game, and some melee weapons are even impacted by this nightmare : Zenistar, Redeemer, Glaive...).

If you read throught the whole thread, you see that you get a hit and damage indicator working in the rift. The current problem is that i unload whatever amount of bullets into the target and i cant see if it dies.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Personally I just think allied gunfire should be slowed but not stopped completely.  In my mind that solves a world of problems.  But whatever, I don't play Limbo much.

And how do you expect DE to make projectiles for hitscan weapons?

Also these are fixes for those who get into a squad with limbo.

54 minutes ago, LycanPT said:

My ez fix to lambo:

1. Realize that you don't get a limbo more than like 2x each 100 games

2. If you get a limbo try to comunicate with him and give him feedback on what is annoying you or what he is doing wrong

3. Be patient, while you are MLG pro and always were from day 1, others might not to

4. Realize your whining is pitiful and you eventually stop complaining

Limbo is not annoying, people are annoying. Creating posts and post complaining/fixing an actually sucessful rework, and meanwhile clog the forums with stupid S#&$ when frames like hyrdoid, oberon, nezha, etc needs more love

PS: OP this is not really directed towards you, it is just for limbo haters that will come here complain, I know you're actually trying some QoL to limbo

For every 'good' Limbo player that actually listens and implements feedback, there are 100 arrogant, obnoxious Limbo players who think they somehow have a right to dictate how everyone else must play.  Some of these Limbo players are so monumentally ignorant and arrogant that they try to dismiss the issue of just how disruptive Limbo has become.

This is not a successful rework.  Many, many people simply abort if they see a Limbo in a pub squad.  Many people will outright refuse Limbos when forming squads.  For those who don't spot a Limbo in pubs and are far enough into the mission that they feel aborting would be too much of a waste, and then are suddenly Stasis'd out of being able to shoot, it frequently results in angry chat messages.  The fact - indisputable and backed with overwhelming evidence - is that Limbo is far more obtrusive than any other frame is.  Another fact - which we're both reinforcing right now - is that he's even more divisive than the likes of Synoid Mirage or Telos Boltace spammers were.  You may be right that it's people who are annoying but ultimately, people control their Limbos and people horribly abuse Stasis, or grief others to no end with Cataclysm on hack panels.

I don't want to see Limbo nerfed into uselessness and I don't think any reasonable person would want that.  What we want is for Limbo to be made squad-friendly, so he doesn't grief and troll others.  This issue is NOT going away until it's fixed, and we're not going to shut up until it's fixed.  I'm tired of having to abort missions and I'm sure there are plenty of Limbo players who are tired of having everyone turn and walk the other way the minute they show up.  I wish there were a better option, but experience has shown me that the Limbo is going to be a problem so I solve it before it can start.  We shouldn't have to do this.

14 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

And how do you expect DE to make projectiles for hitscan weapons?

I don't.  They can literally do whatever they want with hitscan weapons.  Maybe they should just do what they do, and instantly hit without being frozen or slowed at all.  Isn't that the point of hitscan weapons?  No travel time?

There are clearly a plethora of problems with several types of weapons, namely beam weapons that need to be handled in a different manner than projectile based ones.  

Firing spectra in the rift is hilariously ridiculous and pointless, for example.  As I said I don't play Limbo much so that's the only example I have, though I'm positive there are many more available.

14 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Also these are fixes for those who get into a squad with limbo.

I read your ideas and a few are good, especially those requesting more hud info.  I tire of this game's utter lack of viewable data where we must decipher things on our own or research the wiki to just figure something out.

This one here though

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

add the bullet counter to each frames (not as a universal counter)and when they reach the limit make them unable to fire. (to prevent people trolling limbo)

would not help a squad at all, especially a random public squad who are thrust into a mission with a Limbo.  Organized groups who are aware they are teaming with a Limbo are unlikely to have as many problems.

Forcing me to not only be unable to use my guns effectively, but only at the whim of limbo, then preventing usage completely by having me count my bullets.  No thanks.  

At least slow moving bullets show progression and possibly rewards your effort, as well as potentially remove projectiles from the rift to prevent the aforementioned trolling.  Though to be honest, other players trolling limbo is something that should be fixed after they fix limbo being able to easily troll everyone else.

Here's a thought.  Rolling leaves the rift, but how about entering it as well.  Roll towards limbo within say 15 meters and just by being near him he can passively pull others in with him.

As a side note, when I do play with a Limbo in my squad, I respect his play style and use melee in the rift and ignore banished enemies and let him deal with them.  Unless I play saryn, then I just spam molt, spore and miasma.  I win.

Edited by Xekrin

20 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

would not help a squad at all, especially a random public squad who are thrust into a mission with a Limbo.  Organized groups who are aware they are teaming with a Limbo are unlikely to have as many problems.

Forcing me to not only be unable to use my guns effectively, but only at the whim of limbo, then preventing usage completely by having me count my bullets.  No thanks.  

That one was for those who just want to troll limbo all the time he uses stasis. It would go in with the option to show when an enemy will die from your shots (point 3) but i agree that it could cause more problems.

23 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Here's a thought.  Rolling leaves the rift, but how about entering it as well.  Roll towards limbo within say 15 meters and just by being near him he can passively pull others in with him.

Thats a good idea. Roll towards limbo in 15m lets you in the rift and simply tapping shift just places you back without the roll.

8 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

That one was for those who just want to troll limbo all the time he uses stasis.

Honestly I think the best solution to stasis overall is simply to stop freezing ally fire completely, do not hinder it at all, AFTER the breaking point is reached.  Sure freeze the requisite amount, but if they keep firing, Limbo instinctively stops trying to freeze their gunplay antics.

I mean seriously, the dude's a master of the rift yet he can't figure out when an ally isn't going to give up and STILL tries to freeze everything they are blasting into the rift?

Any gunfire after the limit immediately passes to the physical plane and is thereby harmless to anything in the rift anyway.  Could this be exploited in some manner to kill with physical weapons enemies outside the rift while the player is on the inside?  Assuredly, but consider the effort it would require, seems almost worth it if you ask me.

Or maybe it just shoves the offending player out of the rift instantly upon firing the maximum capacity of projectiles, if they are in a cataclysm the gunfire does no harm to enemies inside or outside the rift since they could easily just exit the cataclysm at will.

Or any expended gunfire could draw energy from the offending player.  Betcha they reconsider spamming Limbo then.

There are a multitude of ways this could be resolved if DE gave it even half a second of thought beyond "Its done, next project".

7 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Yes, more UI indicator please. Many people hate Limbo because they have no idea what's going on or don't know how his abilities work.

1 hour ago, StabbyTentacles said:

All warframes could really do with better/improved UI indicators, please.

I hate the fact that i see no data on when something is going to end and limbo is the prime example on how some indicators could help us all.