Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A reliable Nidus Build?

Mog-

Question

So i have recently gotten into the frame Nidus. And i want to get a build for Sortie's with a good Survival rate when doing Survivals. But the problem is im MR11 and i still suck at builds. never been good at them. So does anyone got a really good and reliable Nidus build?

Looking for something to compliment a Melee/Power reliant playstyle

6 answers to this question

two recommended things for general use.

this is a safe choice so that you can still use your Abilities even if Randoms are preventing you from getting hits in most of the time.
http://i.imgur.com/eDs2eAK.png

and if that isn't an issue, you can afford to deal more Damage, Et Cetera.
http://i.imgur.com/deJ1RfZ.png

and then ofc if you're in the Mission to lockdown the entire map as Nidus since Nidus has extremely powerful CC.
http://i.imgur.com/DDWdL0r.png

- - - - - 

Range is important for Larva to lockdown more Enemies for more hits, and for your 'Link but better' to work across a larger zone. what it does for Virulence is a mixed bag, hitting a longer area is good, but it also means you can't use Virulence quite as often. but if you shoot it into a wall or off the edge of a platform you can use it much faster so i'd say the Range is still much worth it.

Efficiency is as much as you feel comfortable with under normal circumstances, both low and high is good.

having low Duration is never useful, making two of your Abilities nearly useless is just a bad idea.

and as much Strength as you can fit, as is normal for Nidus.

Edited by taiiat

Nidus doesn't need melee. Most you'd want is either something to strip armor, or something inflict Radiation (to deal with ancients). I happen to like this build, 9P2ZD5E.jpg

Now, you really, really want to link to something. Remember that your 1st power refunds 25% of the energy used to cast it for every enemy hit. Anything that gets Linked casts a second Virulence towards whatever you're looking at. So you can combine these two for nice amounts of energy, whenever you hit a cluster of enemies.

Once you get really, really comfortable with this build, you can swap the Intensify for Blind Rage, but that build isn't nearly as forgiving with your energy consumption. That said, I still recommend the build in that screenshot, since I've had a much easier time with it, as opposed to having Blind Rage on.

Edited by Magnar21

i really dont feel like booting up warframe again tonight for a screenshot on my build, but its fairly similar to magnars. the only things i did different off the top of my head, is i didnt bother with primed flow since rage gives all the energy i could ever want, and used power drift instead of cunning drift. i used blind rage r9 instead of primed flow. put me at 305% power strength. if you can get those stacks up, everything in front of you is gonna explode. and since the more durable enemies are gonna take more hits, thats more stacks for you

Edited by Moysa

To be entirely honest, any build with Nidus that isn't an outright joke will work out fine.  As long as you can get your stacks ramped up you will shred everything with relative ease.  Obviously just try to pop on Vitality since you've got a lot of health and no shields what-so-ever, and then from there it's pretty much personal preference.  The only thing you really don't need to touch is efficiency.