Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the (swear word) is everyone so salty towards Limbo dagnabbit

(PSN)varas2110

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Why can't I kill this enemy? Oh its because he's banished for some reason

Surge most likely 

4 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Limbo's fault, but it is still annoying when it happens.

Or... You could go into his portal and shoot him yourself 

5 minutes ago, Midrib said:

in a defense mission Limbo will have his cata most of the time, which is fine, but once you clear the enemies in cataclysm it starts getting annoying

It effective to just kill it every wave at the end and just take out the rest in the Normie plane 

7 minutes ago, Midrib said:

While I don't blame any limbo player for getting the hate he/she is getting, I believe they should keep Limbo outside of pub for the sake of their enjoyment and the enjoyment of others.

Did you just assume my gender (jk) also yeah I do agree limbo fails in pubs but if you get one in a corpus map he'll likely leave early, cuz nullys

Or if you get 2,usually have different play styles and will cancel each other or become one big ball of rift

8 minutes ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

Or... You could go into his portal and shoot him yourself 

Limbo's portal stays for what? 3-5 seconds? its hardly fun chasing Limbo around waiting for him to enter the rift for you to enter it yourself.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)varas2110 said:

It effective to just kill it every wave at the end and just take out the rest in the Normie plane 

some Limbo's operate differently, some will leave it for as long as it can stay up, some will just keep refreshing it with stasis the whole mission.

16 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Limbo's portal stays for what? 3-5 seconds? its hardly fun chasing Limbo around waiting for him to enter the rift for you to enter it yourself.

Well I was saying like the way I play, I always just dash forward any time I can, so I don't get that so limbos don't do that

so far I haven't found a difference between 2 + 4 limbo and ember yet ember doesn't get any complaints at all, sure you could say ''but you can't hit the enemy'' but they can't hit me either so why would I care

when a limbo join a game,is 100%  sure that someone will moaning

1) the players, because not everyone likes when stasis freeze your bullets,and then,they will rant against him to stop

2) the limboplayer himself, because you know what happen if you keep shooting while statis is active? after a certain amount of shots,statis will stop working,and then the limbo player will complain against the team because they keep shooting on purpose.

no matter what you do,someone will always complain,what about make stasis viable only for your and enemies's bullets?

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

I used to play Limbo a lot but stopped after the rework. Current Limbo is a garbage frame. Yes, he can be more powerful, but his strongest abilities now are those which annoys people a lot and destroy the fun and teamwork completely.

Before the rework I could stay in the rift plane, pulling the strong enemies one by one into the rift and one-shotting them with my Ripkas. This didn't affect my teammates anyhow and everything was fine.

Now I just can't single out enemies, every ability now affects multiple enemies, so Limbo is much worse protector now. Every enemy that got into rift somehow can now kill the Hostage/Operative/Limbo/Teammates pretty unexpectedly. Due to projectile limit, and teammates' gunfire neither Limbo nor his teammates can control if the enemies are stasis-ed or not and for how long. If I want to use Rift Torrent, I complicate the things even more due to spontaneous rifting here and there (also this mod only affects Limbo's damage, not teammates'). Every time I enter the rift as Limbo I leave the 'trap' which banishes everyone who steps in and makes people wondering if it is Cataclysm, they are just Banished along with enemies or not, if they need to melee bc stasis is on, shoot or roll, are they invincible or could be killed any time. This confuses teammates even if they are mr23 Limbo mains. For people with no such experience it is not only confusing but outright infuriating.

Now I can't use abilities or even roll without pissing people off. That's sad, as I'm not fond of trolling and I used to like to play Limbo. Also I can not reside inside the rift all the time, pulling eximi and other priority targets without jumping in and out, creating rift traps and annoying people.

I've played Limbo myself and the cooperation comes from both sides. Limbo has to figure when Cataclysm is a good use and when Stasis is good to use. I was doing a survival with someone else on pub and we went up to 50 minutes easy. I didn't start to use my abilities until around 30-35 minutes where they were becoming more dangerous. This is a situation where Limbo helped a lot. Singling out enemies like Bombards, Napalms, Bursas, etc. is also another good use for Limbo, when they become harder to kill and can down teammates easily.

On a defense, where enemies are less than able to overpower the Tenno, Limbo becomes annoying and it becomes a hassle if Limbo spams or Stasis. It's more appreciated where there are higher level enemies, controlling them and keeping other Tenno safe. 

I find the people who, when they immediately see a Limbo, go full blast against them. I would say to see how they play first, then criticize or give credit to the Limbo. 

Selective, smart use of abilities. Don't hate the frame, hate the player. Cooperate with a good Limbo and you can potentially see very good results. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)xRockinVaruka said:

I've played Limbo myself and the cooperation comes from both sides. Limbo has to figure when Cataclysm is a good use and when Stasis is good to use. I was doing a survival with someone else on pub and we went up to 50 minutes easy. I didn't start to use my abilities until around 30-35 minutes where they were becoming more dangerous. This is a situation where Limbo helped a lot. Singling out enemies like Bombards, Napalms, Bursas, etc. is also another good use for Limbo, when they become harder to kill and can down teammates easily.

On a defense, where enemies are less than able to overpower the Tenno, Limbo becomes annoying and it becomes a hassle if Limbo spams or Stasis. It's more appreciated where there are higher level enemies, controlling them and keeping other Tenno safe. 

I find the people who, when they immediately see a Limbo, go full blast against them. I would say to see how they play first, then criticize or give credit to the Limbo. 

Selective, smart use of abilities. Don't hate the frame, hate the player. Cooperate with a good Limbo and you can potentially see very good results. 

One of the few people who actually see things from the limbos perspective 

When I'm using Limbo in public games, it all boils down to what the mission type is.

Rescue is easy with Limbo because of his 2434 combo to freeze all nearby enemies so you can get the hostage out easily. Use 1 on the hostage, then gun for the exit. I use the same 2434 combo for Hijack missions too.

Mobile Defense can be easily defended by just using 2+4, but players who wants to shoot at things instead of just waiting for the timer will not like you.

Spy missions? Ezpz.

Exterminate, defense, assassination, and survival missions are the ones that I'll bring other frames for. Not saying Limbo wouldn't work, but there are better tools for those jobs.

See, people hate Limbo because he can, with the press of a button, make all ranged (and even some melee weapons) completely useless, thereby forcing everyone to use melee or powers to even attempt to damage any mobs caught in Limbo's Stasis. Coupled with the fact that Limbo can also make any mob invincible to everything but Warframe powers, he's an incredibly trolly frame, so much so that it can be an actual hinderance to a mission and can be done without actually intending to. He's hated for a very good reason. Limbo isn't a bad frame like, say, Oberon is. However, Limbo players are simply too much of a risk to have on a pub team, and therefore, people aren't too happy to see them.

People despise playing with Limbo because very often their fun goes down the drain. Once in a blue moon if they give him a chance, they would have a good game where everybody does their job the way they want... other times, confusion, frustration, interruptions, you get the picture.

It's not that they don't have a general idea of what Limbo is capable of, players abort missions with Limbo because they know exactly what he is capable of. What they don't know is the behavior of this stranger who's piloting the frame. Some teammates are tolerant while others go "ain't nobody got time fo dat". Bottomline is, Limbo as a frame gives its player too much control at the wrong end of the spectrum.

The amount of CC he has against enemies is great, just the right amount for a squishy tactical spellcaster. But lo and behold, it also CCs human players as well, with Limbo's abilities implemented in ways that force other players into the Rift while placing one too many restrictions on them for disproportionate benefits. In essence, Limbo both buffs and debuffs teammates to provide the Rift's benefits with some drawbacks, whereas most other Warframe powers gives buffs to teammates only and force debuffs on enemies with CC, Status Effects, stat penalties, etc.

But with the way the abilities are implemented right now? In the most annoying ways of application and execution possible, giving rise to intentional and unintentional griefing that has become widespread among the playerbase, and reinforcing Limbo's stereotype of trollframe that he's had since Day 1 of his release.

I understand how OP feels, people insult you just for playing limbo without even knowing how you yourself play it, some people out of respect like myself dont even use his abilities while in a squad and still get trashed on, sometimes before you even start the mission. it's maddening and honestly sure people might hate playing with a limbo but don't be an a hole about it and just suck it up or leave right at the start, nobody needs to hear your rants, we know you people have no lives so just move on if you're getting mad over a video game, go be a child somewhere else.