Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Build help

Readia

Question

So I just finished TWW and recently finished the challenge of the rewarded Riven mod, which I can't use because it's for a weapon I don't have and is MR locked.

So I thought on focusing on my three main primary, Karak Wraith, Attica and Dex Sybaris. Each of them have their main role (Karak being anti-corpus, Attica being anti-Grineer and Sybaris being all role) but I still have no idea how to build them properly. Can you guys suggest how to build them since most of the online builds are sort of outdated. Thank you in advance.

PS: I have most of the essential mods, only Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds I don't have.  

8 answers to this question

well sybaris is a good weapon and of course if you get a riven mod for it.

i would pick a crit/elemental build without argon scope but try to get bladed rounds.

it is really a good mod to use for the build.

build sybaris for crit and damage (vital sense, point strike, serration, heavy caliber (doesnt affect sybaris much imo), 2 to 3 90% elementals according to faction you're facing, and split chamber). if you get a riven for it - swap out a 90% elemental. you can sacrifice one of the pure damage mods for some utility stuff like metal auger if you fancy.

karak wraith, don't build for crit - build for raw damage, elementals. status chance isnt bad so you could stack elemental damage with dual stat mods (stuff like rime rounds) to build into status a bit more.

attica i would build the exact same as sybaris.

Maybe hold out on throwing forma out on the Dex sybaris for now. While it is a really good weapon it seems like the sybaris is in the next prime line. And while the stats are not out yet It would be a shame if it ended up better and you just invested a lot into a lower version and want to switch to the prime.

dex sybaris is good, i suggest you to try shotguns like sancti/tigris prime , vaykor hek, sobek, then assault rifles like soma prime,  boltor telos/prime, then snipers like vectis prime, vulkar wraith, lanka, bows are really strong like dread and rakta cernos. Dont get me wrong , its not worth to forma karak wraith, i have mine with a riven with dmg and multishot and still suks, attica is decent but it requires like 7 formas with riven....also if you like crossbows the zhuge is very good also. I suggest you to forget about tonkor and simulor.

Thanks for the info guys but how do I exactly try put more than two elements on a weapon? Still confuse about that. Also almost forgot about the fact that Sybaris is getting a prime version, more forma in reserve, 

I'm also planning to get the Vaykor Hek and Tigris Prime when I finally reach MR13. I might try the Zhuge but I heard it has a huge recoil. No need to mention about the Tonkor to me, used it for while and had some fun with it. Also got a forma from Clem if you equipped the Tonkor and doing the help Clem mission.

tis was my karak wraith build  serration.split chamber.heavy calibar max.shred.3x element 90% and one status element!

sybaris serration split chmber.point strike.vital sense.3 element 90% now u have option for last slot 1 status element.shred.or argon scope

1 hour ago, Readia said:

how do I exactly try put more than two elements on a weapon?

You ... use more than two Mods?

:P

If you mean in total, like ending up with e.g. Corrosive + Viral + Radiation,
that only works if your weapon has elemental (Corrosive in this case) base damage to begin with,
otherwise you're restricted to at most two elements / elemental combinations.

Karak Wraith is my favourite rifle, I use the following build. It is an anti-armor build, feel free to shuffle the elements for different factions. 

Serration, Split Chamber (these two go without sayingHigh Voltage, Malignant Force (status is very important at higher levelsStormbringer, Infected Clip (more pure damage) Shred (more DPS and, most importantly, Punch Through) Last Slot: Riven Mod or, if you don't have one, Heavy Calibre (if you don't mind adding some spray - it's not much). For anti-armor don't add any other elements here, because you want all of your elemental procs to be corrosive. 

If you intend to use it against Corpus only units switch the elemental mods to use Radiation + Toxin (since Toxin completely bypasses shields), or use Gas (which creates little clouds and also applies a Toxin proc)

EDIT (some corrections and additions): For Rad + Toxin put in the mods so the Toxin damage is bigger than radiation to get more Toxin procs. For Gas it'll be 50/50 anyway (but the Toxin proc works off the Toxin component of the whole gas damage)

Edited by frohdoe