Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lua sortie rescue "right console" sound

sulusdacor

can we please get another sound for the case that the right console was hacked on the lua resuce missions. the sound is the same for the case of not finding the right door. as this is what you hear in all other resuce missions if you do not find the target fast enough. this is very confusing to put it lightly.

for a normal mission this is not a big problem, but in sorties, when there is a timer and multiple ppls hacking consoles a distinct sound would be nice to show the player "yes this is the right console/portal" (maybe a visual indicator would be cool too, since you/the tenno/party/lotus seem to know anyway what the right portal is without even entering it). it would improve the sortie expierience of this mission type by a lot.

thx for reading

hack on tenno ;)

edit:

to claryfy the problem a bit more:

i'm aware that the resuce target says: "i'm in here tenno." (if u hack the right portal)

this excat line is used in ALL other resuce mission if you do NOT hack the right panel and the time runes out (to give the player an indicator which door/console the target is in of the ones that are left to hack). so the feedback you get in all other resuce missions is that if u hear that in the heat of hacking is "you go the wrong panel, hack the next panel". but in lua resuce it means "you got the right panel,stop hacking". this is the opposite conclusion you have to draw as a player based on the same audio feedback. it is not slightly different or just a bit different. it is the complete opposite. same audio signal two completly different conclusions. that is why i suggest it should be something different. even if it would just be "here" or an orokin signal tone. anything that set's it apart from the normal resuce line. there should be different audio signals for the player if he has/can draw conclusion from them and both are completly different. it has not to do with a sound missing or something.

in general i think the overall feedback of "the right" portal could be a bit better in this mission and the current audio does not help it (like other consoles turning off or another portal color or other things). since in sortie/public groups it can get hectic and the game should be coop, but the current situation does push you more into doing this solo as mayn pointed out.

Edited by sulusdacor

31 minutes ago, 212Mistakes said:

You do know that the guy calls out to you if you have the right console hacked, right?

It's kind of pointless in a party of 4 people all furiously hacking because they don't listen when you say, "only one hacks," or something.

Which is why I do Lua rescue solo now, but that's beyond the point.

There needs to be a better indication. Like the rest of the consoles turning off for a short period of time. Or just flat turning off in general. No other rescue mission allows you to find the right console to hack and then hack another one and have to re-hack the correct one.

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

There needs to be a better indication. Like the rest of the consoles turning off for a short period of time. Or just flat turning off in general. No other rescue mission allows you to find the right console to hack and then hack another one and have to re-hack the correct one.

But the principle of Lua's Rescue makes sense. You're redirecting Portals, there isn't a "good" one. All of them are prisons and working fine.

The "I'm in here mudafuka" scream from our best friend is way, way enough. If people doesn't listen to you just leave. That's what I did today, I was about to launch the mission, I asked if anyone wanted to hack, one guy answered "it's rescue anyway", I left and went alone.

Edited by Chewarette

59 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

there isn't a "good" one.

But there is. There's the one we specifically need to open up to save the prisoner. Lua is the only rescue in which you open the prisoner's proper door and the prisoner can still die because you didn't, physically, go in. It has different rules and it needs something different to help out people.

After all, what do you do for someone who can't hear the yell? You just expect them to have to jump into every portal? Because you won't have enough time doing it that way.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

If people doesn't listen to you just leave.

1 hour ago, Chipputer said:

Which is why I do Lua rescue solo now, but that's beyond the point.

Seems like you'd end up being one of the people not reading and causing us to fail.

to claryfy the problem a bit more:

i'm aware that the resuce target says: "i'm in here tenno." (if u hack the right portal)

this excat line is used in ALL other resuce mission if you do NOT hack the right panel and the time runes out (to give the player an indicator which door/console the target is in of the ones that are left to hack). so the feedback you get in all other resuce missions is that if u hear that in the heat of hacking is "you go the wrong panel, hack the next panel". but in lua resuce it means "you got the right panel,stop hacking". this is the opposite conclusion you have to draw as a player based on the same audio feedback. it is not slightly different or just a bit different. it is the complete opposite. same audio signal two completly different conclusions. that is why i suggest it should be something different. even if it would just be "here" or an orokin signal tone. anything that set's it apart from the normal resuce line. there should be different audio signals for the player if he has/can draw conclusion from them and both are completly different. it has not to do with a sound missing or something.

in general i think the overall feedback of "the right" portal could be a bit better in this mission and the current audio does not help it (like other consoles turning off or another portal color or other things). since in sortie/public groups it can get hectic and the game should be coop, but the current situation does push you more into doing this solo as mayn pointed out.

added this to top post in edit.

10 hours ago, Chipputer said:

But there is. There's the one we specifically need to open up to save the prisoner. Lua is the only rescue in which you open the prisoner's proper door and the prisoner can still die because you didn't, physically, go in. It has different rules and it needs something different to help out people.

No, I mean, there isn't a "good" one in the Orokin sense. Why would there be a sound for the one with the Operator inside and another sound (or no sound at all) for  the ones with Infested inside ? Makes little to no sense.

And I still don't get the fact. You're all here asking for a specific sound when the correct console is hacked... Even if there is literally already a specific sound. I'M IN HERE.

If the problem is that "people are not listening", then adding 20 different sounds to this Rescue won't help them.