Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Earning Platinum

Skarmax

I much rather sell mods for plat, then my cell number, email, house address, and name to some unknown company, who for all I know could sell said information to another trustworthy company, who could in turn use name information to spam me with spam mail, telemarketer calls, and junk mail.

yeah, but let me ask you this, is the only way to get free "plat/gold/zen/in game cash" is through these surveys? It's not a question on rather or not f2p games are still running or not.  I don't know about anyone else, but for me, it's mostly the surveys and the companies you're doing surveys for. Some of those surveys ask for information that shouldn't be asked for. 

Some if not most of us aren't saying no because we think it's going to destroy Warframe, it's more of we just flat out don't want scam surveys.

I see so you are all oblivious to the fact people use fake info to get he cash currency and use Sandboxie to avoid the junk downloaded. I have been using fake info since day 1 and sandboxie, all the crap goes away when i terminate everything and my spam box handles all the junk. i never really look there.

As for trials, well, obviously Blockbuster and netflix are legit. A VPN service may also be legit. It's all about doing research for those and using fake into for questions that should not be asked and you still get rewarded and if you don't you simply talk to customer service.

Fake info is key.

There are those that used a gift cards with $1 on them that were displayed on a website "How to earn 15nx per day" in search but that no longer works.

Edited by SirAuron

I see so you are all oblivious to the fact people use fake info to get he cash currency and use Sandboxie to avoid the junk downloaded. I have been using fake info since day 1 and sandboxie, all the crap goes away when i terminate everything and my spam box handles all the junk. i never really look there.

As for trials, well, obviously Blockbuster and netflix are legit. A VPN service may also be legit. It's all about doing research for those and using fake into for questions that should not be asked and you still get rewarded and if you don't you simply talk to customer service.

Fake info is key.

There are those that used a gift cards with $1 on them that were displayed on a website "How to earn 15nx per day" in search but that no longer works.

Really? Are you going to send a email/PM to every single warframe player who even looks at the surveys?

Cause  guess what, a lot of people are oblivious to the idea of using fake info. 

no need to be offensive. I got a job and earn enough, but i dont want to spend money on "free to play games"

Free to play doesnt mean that DE is loaded with cash and they made Warframe for our enjoyment. I know basics of economics and i dare to say they made Warframe to get profit from it. Nobody does anything for free, and nothing is truly free. If you are employed and earn enough, then stop complaining and invest those 5$ for plat. Most of the people cry about the plat because the cant get more frame/weapon slots.

Really? Are you going to send a email/PM to every single warframe player who even looks at the surveys?

Cause  guess what, a lot of people are oblivious to the idea of using fake info. 

I could care less really. Wasn't my idea to do this survey thing. They'll just have to figure it out themselves.

Edited by SirAuron

Free to play doesnt mean that DE is loaded with cash and they made Warframe for our enjoyment. I know basics of economics and i dare to say they made Warframe to get profit from it. Nobody does anything for free, and nothing is truly free. If you are employed and earn enough, then stop complaining and invest those 5$ for plat. Most of the people cry about the plat because the cant get more frame/weapon slots.

Well, plat is going to be free now.

Ok I would say yes but under the condition there's no spamming company's making you down load a bunch of Crap. Did it come to ANY of your minds that the creators of this game could come up with there own survey  not connected to @(*()$ downloads and companies. or commercial S#&$ OR I like the Ida you earn a small amount of palt per level but more than 3 that's nothingr maybe 7 AND LAST idea could be a accomplishments/challenges and achievements system giving you plat when you complete one but in higher amounts. SERIOUSLY though there r MANY other ways to do this.without getting annoying jackass company s involved

Edited by gam35shadowdeadsilence

Plat is the monetization for this game. It pays the bills. Having a way to get it for in-game activities beyond purchasing it is not sound business. Contrary to popular belief game devs need to eat too. Also surveys kill a f2p game, you know its gone down hill when the only way they have to make money is having you fill out surveys and the like.

F2P games are not a charity business. It is just another form of monetization, a much more successful one as well if it is competently.

Ok that's the other  thing although I agree there should be a way to gain plat without purchasing the company HAS to earn money SOME WAY AND IF THEY ADD A WAY TO GAIN PLATNIUM WITHOUT PURCHASING IT WILL BE: 1.IN SMALL AMOUNTS.  2.AND HARD TO GET

You can in the future earn Plat by selling mods so surveys is not needed. This is actually a better way to earn free plat. Just by selling mods. interesting. Wonder how it works and if he had suggested it, would you guys be all over his case like you are now.

How do you guys feel about earning Plat by selling mods for Plat?

this is in the works right now.

That's another idea by still small amounts then

no need to be offensive. I got a job and earn enough, but i dont want to spend money on "free to play games"

Then, it's your choice. you just misunderstood the nature of f2p.

And Warframe IS the "MOST" free f2p game i ever played (on par with LoL)

oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

NO OKEY - jezz i swear the people that beg for a earn plat seriously need to leave if thats all you can think about

this game is not like any other game you get things that cost 5-20 platinum at least ranging from 5-900 plat in pricing

so if they put a earn plat up they would essentially be losing money ,cause your lazy &#! cant handle farming a bit

You can in the future earn Plat by selling mods so surveys is not needed. This is actually a better way to earn free plat. Just by selling mods. interesting. Wonder how it works and if he had suggested it, would you guys be all over his case like you are now.

How do you guys feel about earning Plat by selling mods for Plat?

this is in the works right now.

33157752.jpg

oh really hmm and how did you come across this info hmm , cause we pretty much know its never gonna happen

oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

NO OKEY - jezz i swear the people that beg for a earn plat seriously need to leave if thats all you can think about

this game is not like any other game you get things that cost 5-20 platinum at least ranging from 5-900 plat in pricing

so if they put a earn plat up they would essentially be losing money ,cause your lazy &#! cant handle farming a bit

AYou should restructure this paragraph so it's more clear.

33157752.jpg

oh really hmm and how did you come across this info hmm , cause we pretty much know its never gonna happen

If you say so, bub. But I don't think the people talking about the Vor shop are.

Edited by SirAuron

Please explain me, how this will break a f2p game? I know a lot of f2p games with this possibility to earn cash and still a lot people buy them.

You can already get almost every item without having to pay. There is simply no need to give away the real currency for nothing.

If you say so, bub. But I don't think the people talking about the Vor shop are.

No, you wont be able to get plat by giving away mods. Watch the livestream again. Steve said: if you supported the game with plat, you can enter this Vor store and purchase these mods. There was never anything about getting plat for mods!

Edited by Venarge

You can already get almost every item without having to pay. There is simply no need to give away the real currency for nothing.

No, you wont be able to get plat by giving away mods. Watch the livestream again. Steve said: if you supported the game with plat, you can enter this Vor store and purchase these mods. There was never anything about getting plat for mods!

that's the point ALMOST everything. Some people here seem not to understand, that "earning" platinum through surveys, still pays the bill. DE would provide those surveys -> base of people = pool of opinion. PeanutLabs (as exxample) pay you some platinum but pays about the double amount of money to DE. If you don't want to earn it, you don't have to do so. Still, I'm some of those guys, who won't pay a dime, if the game is "free 2 play". If only cosmetic stuff can be accessed with platin, I'm okay with it. If everything can be accessed with hours of grinding, even then i'm okay with it. Adding surveys won't hurt anyone because they are voluntary. You still can buy platinum

I wont disagree with surveys issued by DE, about the game, that would be rewarded with a few plats.

It's something i already saw recently with another online game, and i thought this was rewarding, and usefull to the dev as they will ensure tons of ppl will answer.

I understand why players would like a possibility to earn plats, and i somewhat support it. But this is not currently what DE should focus on. There are tons of bugs still uncorrected, the UI is still a mess, they have more important things to do but using their brain here :)

You need to get over this. It's common for folks to feel like a free to play game means they should never spend money on it, but that's unfair. It's really only free to get attention and new players. If you really like a game, if you think the developers earned your support, then that support should come in the form of money, if you can afford it. If you can't afford money, you give it publicity. Forget your rules or standards on what a free to play game is and just realize that if you like a game, you should support it.

That's it.

Btw, I'm not against surveys. I wouldn't do them personally, but as long as they only persist on the website, that's up to DE to decide. But from that initial post, you really made it sound like you won't spend money on F2P games because they are just that: free to play. This is a standard I've heard often but it's completely illogical. It's more of a test than it is an actual reason.

Edited by gell

Earning Platinum, i have only one idea, everytime you level up, you earn 3 platinum.How does that sound?

Rank(as in mastery rank) up and that might work(maybe make it 2 instead). Right now I got 10 plat left over and nothing good to spend it on. Of course if my 75% coupon had registered as existing I would have a lot more right now. >.>

A lot of things have platinum locks on them that should be able to be purchased with high credit counts, like Resources, Forma, Potatoes, etc.  Charging 750,000 credits for a Forma sounds reasonable.

Or simply add in a feature to allow players to buy platinum with credits and a very expensive rate.

Edited by Swaggermeistress

Earning platinums in game is just leeching the money of the DEVS they had already gave you 50 platinum for the start, like come on they had already added discounts to buy the platinum up to 75%, so if you buy a 170 platinum which is enough to buy usefull items is only 3.1USD isn't that cheap enough for you? or you can just do alerts mission with ? or you can just buy a little bit of platinum while supporting the devs for the hardwork

It's not a good idea to be honest, it ruins the money a company can make from just selling it instead of us earning it quickly for free via offers. It also would ruin the idea of a f2p game as everything would start requiring platinum instead of the few simple things like colours.