Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linking Warframe to Steam

kyori

Question

5 answers to this question

As said you can supposedly transfer it, I tried it before a reinstall, didn't work for me but then I may have missed a step so use at your own risk.

15 minutes ago, Ex09 said:

Other than that, there's no other known way without Steam Overlay running. Simply adding it as "Non-Steam Game" won't work either.

I actually have the steam installed version running without the need to run steam with it.... I only used the steam install because I was reinstalling and basically it gives me the option to copy paste the reinstall rather than needing to download again.  By doing the below I'm basically just running the standalone program from the steam folder.  Note: steam does not register any stats etc while used this way but it does allow me to load up via steam as well giving me access to tennogen if I wanted to buy some (I'm not likely to). 

Edited by LSG501

Just now, Ex09 said:

Haven't really tried that because they indicated that Tennogen won't work with that method, but that good news for OP.

If I load via the steam app/icon instead of the custom icon which that creates I can see tennogen items in the store just fine (basically it's running with steam in the background like a normal steam game).  Now I haven't bought any tennogen (too expensive for what you get) so I can't say they'll still be there in the 'standalone' version but from what I've read it does seem previously bought tennogen items show up in the standalone just fine so I can't see a reason why not. 

20 minutes ago, Ex09 said:

I get it now. That's like running Warframe in Steam (Offline mode). You can see the Tennogen, but you can't buy them. You'll get an error.

I've just loaded steam, gone to library and selected warframe to start, warframe loaded as usual but now shows the tennogen items in 'market'.  Clicking on purchase on tennogen item takes me to the website to login, which then takes me back to steam payment page where it needs me to add more funds because there are none.  I didn't go any further but don't see why it wouldn't let me pay after getting that far.

I haven't actually touched the steam install, just added an alternative way of loading the game files without needing steam to be active too.