Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax Maiming Strike?

(PSN)Qanzuko

Question

10 answers to this question

Atterax is still usable without Maimming Strike but it make the weapon a lot stronger.
If you use a combo + [Blood Rush build (highly recommanded for most of melee weapons), considering the flat maiming strike boost applying before Bood Rush, with a x4 combo, your crit chance will be :

• Without Maiming Strike : 25 x (4x1.65) = 165% crit chance, so without crit damage increase, you always deal x3 and have 65% chance to deal x5.
  • With Maiming Strike : (25+90) x (4x1.65) = 759% crit chance, so without crit damage increase, you always deal x15 and have 59% chance to deal x17.

If we go a bit more higher on what can happen, imagine you have Blood Rush, True Steel and Organ Shatter + Naramon Deadly Intent and this time, a x5 combo (because you use Rellentless Combination):

• Without Maiming Strike : [25x(1+0.6)+30] x (5x1.65) = 557.5% crit chance, so you always deal x24.5 and have 57.5% chance to deal x29.2.
  • With Maiming Strike : [25x(1+0.6)+30+90] x (5x1.65) = 1320% crit chance, so you always deal x62 and have 20% chance to deal x55.8.
  • With Maiming Strike + Smeeta Charm : [25x(1+0.6)+30+90+200] x (5x1.65) = 2970% crit change, so you always deal x137.3 and have 70% chance to deal x142.

On basic missions (up to 100-120), the difference can be negligible but if you want to use the full potential of the weapon, Maiming Strike is mandatory.

I've never had the results everyone else seems to get with the Atterax. I don't have Maiming Strike, so that's part of it; however, I ran a Survival mission and got my combo counter to over 800 thanks to Body Count, and I was still seeing nothing but yellow crits, even with Blood Rush. Every time someone talks about this weapon, they rage about how the weapon does nothing but red crits, but the only weapon I can ever seem to get non-stop red Crit said with is Venka Prime. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The build I have is as follows:

Burning Wasp

Primed Pressure Point

Blood Rush

Body Count

Organ Shatter

Berserker

Life Strike

Primed Reach

Weeping Wounds

58 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I've never had the results everyone else seems to get with the Atterax. I don't have Maiming Strike, so that's part of it; however, I ran a Survival mission and got my combo counter to over 800 thanks to Body Count, and I was still seeing nothing but yellow crits, even with Blood Rush. Every time someone talks about this weapon, they rage about how the weapon does nothing but red crits, but the only weapon I can ever seem to get non-stop red Crit said with is Venka Prime. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The build I have is as follows:

Burning Wasp

Primed Pressure Point

Blood Rush

Body Count

Organ Shatter

Berserker

Life Strike

Primed Reach

Weeping Wounds

Swap out Life Strike and put in True Steel. You'll start seeing those gorgeous red numbers.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)freakytiki3 said:

Maiming Strike or Blood Rush are both great options, I personally use Blood Rush

If you have both then combo them. you can hit 160k numbers with it

On 5/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, lukinu_u said:

Atterax is still usable without Maimming Strike but it make the weapon a lot stronger.
If you use a combo + [Blood Rush build (highly recommanded for most of melee weapons), considering the flat maiming strike boost applying before Bood Rush, with a x4 combo, your crit chance will be :

• Without Maiming Strike : 25 x (4x1.65) = 165% crit chance, so without crit damage increase, you always deal x3 and have 65% chance to deal x5.
  • With Maiming Strike : (25+90) x (4x1.65) = 759% crit chance, so without crit damage increase, you always deal x15 and have 59% chance to deal x17.

If we go a bit more higher on what can happen, imagine you have Blood Rush, True Steel and Organ Shatter + Naramon Deadly Intent and this time, a x5 combo (because you use Rellentless Combination):

• Without Maiming Strike : [25x(1+0.6)+30] x (5x1.65) = 557.5% crit chance, so you always deal x24.5 and have 57.5% chance to deal x29.2.
  • With Maiming Strike : [25x(1+0.6)+30+90] x (5x1.65) = 1320% crit chance, so you always deal x62 and have 20% chance to deal x55.8.
  • With Maiming Strike + Smeeta Charm : [25x(1+0.6)+30+90+200] x (5x1.65) = 2970% crit change, so you always deal x137.3 and have 70% chance to deal x142.

On basic missions (up to 100-120), the difference can be negligible but if you want to use the full potential of the weapon, Maiming Strike is mandatory.

I came here to answer this question, I couldn't have done it any better than this. Love the effort you put into this post.

You can use Atterax just fine without it. To use Maiming Strike you will have to use sliding attacks all the time, either manually or with a macro. Manually it's not much of a pleasure and you will quickly get tired because you have to press several buttons every strike. With a macro - well, that's even less interesting. I think it's the same ppl who ran Mirage+Simulor and Boltace spinners, who use Maiming Strike and find it exciting. At least it's not that widespread or else we would be seeing another incarnation of that cancer left and right.They really should change it into something like +Crit Chance for X seconds after sliding attack, that would be much more reasonable.