Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime Vs. Ash Prime

MystiKasT

Question

Hey all,

First thing:

Is either vaulted/about to be vaulted?

And which one is better than the other in the sense of melee + overall #rekt?

I saw a valkyr 1shot Corrupted Vor at full health On Mot in The Void; was nuts.  Made me want it; but I heard ash is good too.

And does anyone know an average price for the two frames?

Thank you all

9 answers to this question

Ash is about to be vaulted really soon, May 30th. If you are close to getting it you should prioritize it as the normal ash is hard to get.

I can't speak for valkyr, I have yet to rank her up, but Ash is great, especially with the augment for teleport wich just assassinates the target with a very strong finnisher. Useful for the beefy targets. A nice combo with Fatal Teleport is a dagger and a Covert Lethality mod for insta killing almost anything in the game.

I dont think Ash fits into the melee frame slot, does he?
Valkyr I suppose does because shes invincible and has to use claws..

Idk.. I use Ash more than Valkyr but thats probably because the Koga skin looks cooler than Valkyr(prime)
and I like looking cool >.>

Although..when I first got Valkyr ..I spammed the **** out of her for a while..then it got really boring being damn near invincible forever..running around using her slide attack in hysteria. Ash never got boring to play as for me, then again i never really spammed his 4th too bad either.

Ash will be vaulted on Tuesday, so grind hard, buddy.  Just ground out a set for my sister last night, so she'll have hers by Tuesday.  Just in time for the Oberon Prime farming spree.

Anyway, Ash vs Valkyr is rather hard, since they deliver differing flavors of #r3kt.  Ash Prime with Fatal Teleport is death to single targets, but even post nerf Blade Storm still mulches lvl 145 Corrupted Bombards with little difficultly (Blade Storm ignores all forms of defense but straight up invincibility, and causes a hefty bleed that Ash's passive makes even more dangerous) while Valkyr is very much a nigh unstoppable ball of claws and rage for as long as her energy reserves hold up.

Valkyr is a grat frame to have, and definitely one of the best melee frames out there.

Ash is not really a melee frame, he is not quite tanky enough. But if you build for his invisibility and use slash based melee weapons you get incredible damage numbers out of his slash pocs.

Ash is better if you're talking about how long they can perform in an endurance run.

Even if you want to Naramon cheese with Valkyr; she can't beat Ash's ability to Fatal Teleport. Not to mention her increased attack speed is countered by Ash's passive Bleed damage bonus. Valkyr is easier to play, more forgiving but Ash will get you further. He's also kinda more useful in a group. Neither are exactly "team-players" though.

I wouldn't be too WoW'd by Vor getting one-shot. A lot of frames can do that. He talks x10 longer than he stays alive these days.

EDIT:

Oh.... and Ash is primarily a melee frame. Not even sure how that's confusing for some. He has melee stealth multipliers and 2 of his abilities stab things.... The only difference is, Ash isn't completely useless if he doesn't want to melee, unlike Valkyr.

Edited by Xzorn

33 minutes ago, UltimateGrr said:

Ash will be vaulted on Tuesday, so grind hard, buddy.  Just ground out a set for my sister last night, so she'll have hers by Tuesday.  Just in time for the Oberon Prime farming spree.

Anyway, Ash vs Valkyr is rather hard, since they deliver differing flavors of #r3kt.  Ash Prime with Fatal Teleport is death to single targets, but even post nerf Blade Storm still mulches lvl 145 Corrupted Bombards with little difficultly (Blade Storm ignores all forms of defense but straight up invincibility, and causes a hefty bleed that Ash's passive makes even more dangerous) while Valkyr is very much a nigh unstoppable ball of claws and rage for as long as her energy reserves hold up.

The point isn't blade storm's damage and ash players are fine with locking on -> casting as of now, the nerf was fine up to that point ; what really hurts is bladestorm's new energy cost if you are not partied with a trinity / are not using zenurik or naramon. 
To cut it short....fatal teleport became more useful than Ash' 4 talking about selecting VIP targets and taking them out .

33 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Ash is better if you're talking about how long they can perform in an endurance run.

Even if you want to Naramon cheese with Valkyr; she can't beat Ash's ability to Fatal Teleport. Not to mention her increased attack speed is countered by Ash's passive Bleed damage bonus. Valkyr is easier to play, more forgiving but Ash will get you further. He's also kinda more useful in a group. Neither are exactly "team-players" though.

I wouldn't be too WoW'd by Vor getting one-shot. A lot of frames can do that. He talks x10 longer than he stays alive these days.

EDIT:

Oh.... and Ash is primarily a melee frame. Not even sure how that's confusing for some. He has melee stealth multipliers and 2 of his abilities stab things.... The only difference is, Ash isn't completely useless if he doesn't want to melee, unlike Valkyr.

Idk about Ash being more useful than Valk in long runs as I never tested any of them against level 145+ enemies ( I'm happy enough with sorties / raids enemies ) but they are both extremely good frames regardless. 
Ash is better as a single / VIP assassination frame despite the fact he's much squishier than Valk ( if hit ofc ) , Valkyre is an extremely tough tank and she can be a pretty strong melee frame. 
None of them really is a team player as Xzorn stated but they can still be quite helpful ( Valk's melee speed buff , Ash's bleeding debuff on enemies , Valk's hysteria making her invincible while resurrecting a fallen team mate, ecc... ) and I still find both of them to be useful even when they are not using their weapons of choice to be honest....( hell, Idm using my primary on Valk if needed....won't be the best for her powers but it's still okay ) .

1 hour ago, MystiKasT said:

Hey all,

First thing:

Is either vaulted/about to be vaulted?

And which one is better than the other in the sense of melee + overall #rekt?

I saw a valkyr 1shot Corrupted Vor at full health On Mot in The Void; was nuts.  Made me want it; but I heard ash is good too.

And does anyone know an average price for the two frames?

Thank you all

I would always go for Ash

He is long run endurance frame, and can melee enemies from far using BS.

I always use it for long defense, survival and specially on sorties

Valkyr is a great frame IMO she is better than ash you don't have to be invincible the whole time I run an eternal war build with whatever melee I feel like playing and can fight for a long time with no problem. I'm not saying Ash is bad though he is a strong frame too as others have said he is more of a pick people off one by one type now.

50 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I wouldn't be too WoW'd by Vor getting one-shot.He talks x10 longer than he stays alive these days.

^ This.

OT, both frames have different playstyle and can kick serious butt. Grab ash first since he is getting vaulted.