Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to remove the need for Solo Clans

Gamma745

Recently, DE made a few clan based event which require the collective effort of the clan, which didn't sit well with some solo players.

The last Clan-event, Operation: Ambulas Reborn, had a right step in trying to alleviate this: Differentiating between solo players and Clans.

Unfortunately, solo Clans still exist. Mostly because these people still want to access the gears locked behind a clan, but can't exactly commit to any clan or many clans can't accept them (due to lack of activity, unwilling to socialize, etc.)

So, why don't we remove the biggest reason these solo clans exist? Move the gear out of Clan research, maybe to the market.

Or... if DE insisted on the time-gate of research, move the labs outside of the Clan. Perhaps turn it into the Relay lab, where the entire community contribute into the research directly. The cost would need to be increased massively in proportion to the player base, perhaps 10 million times? (DE said 29 million registered players. Is that shared across platform or PC only?)

Now before anyone complains about "new players leeching off my hard-work", I got another idea as well. Basically implement the same system in Simaris Sanctuary targets. New (or basically every) players need to contribute a small portion of the research materials before they can gain access to replicate the blueprint of the research.

Now, I understand that this basically made the clan seems useless. Why would you need to be in a Clan? My suggestion, made Clan research something else other than gears. Some people I heard suggested cosmetics. Perhaps the cosmetics in the Market became available to research. Or an entire new Clan-related cosmetics. Maybe like a Syandana that displays your Clan emblems?

So that's the most I could think of. A good idea? Yes or no? Or does anyone have a better suggestion or something to add?

I might be the only one saying this but, i have a solo clan yes, but mostly thou peopel stopped playing and i not bother recruting and just not want to trow out old memebrs repeatedly.

Many issue i have with bigger clans is not that i not want to socoialze but more like most demand you to be on each day, you cna't do some stuff on your own witohut them demandign oyu to raid or provide soem work to the clan on EACH day, which is ok to provide some but if people not have time or simply want to paly for themself for awhile it is also unfair to demand it of them.

Each game has this problem i say, the bigger a clan, guild, etc. grows the more problems happen.

If i am in a Clan with like 200 people, shouldi know every single one? Or will small groups happen anyway and others are jsut happen to be nearby without even noticed while still providing help to the clan.

Problem is alsways, in every gaem, peopel onyl go in clans for beneifts rather then actualy knwoign the people there and paly with them. Thats why i prefer a samll clan with some friends even if they might stop playing, then be in a clan that keeps trwoing inactive palyers out were you not even will know one single member by name or so.

Removing the clan researches/labs wouldn't really make sense now because of all the resources and hard work that has been put in by many clans so far. That region relay lab idea by increasing the costs by 10 million times would be even worse considering how many of people don't even wan't to contribute to researches, we'd probably have to wait like a month for one research to be done. Overall this would make clans meaningless. And I can assure you DE would never make cosmetics researchable lol They should just tone it down a bit with the grind on clan events.

Edited by ZenDash

54 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Recently, DE made a few clan based event which require the collective effort of the clan, which didn't sit well with some solo players.

A lot of these issues would be resolved simply by such events using the amount of players in the clan rather than basing research costs and event rewards on the clan's max size limit.

If you have only person in a clan which maxes out at 10, then only 1 person should be expected to participate, not required to do the work of 10 people.

There would certainly be kinks to work out in such a system but it'd at least be a step in the right direction.  But to answer one question active = under 14 days since last played.  Sounds reasonable to me anyway.

Edited by Xekrin

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

If you have only person in a clan which maxes out at 10, then only 1 person should be expected to participate, not required to do the work of 10 people.

If they are a solo clan, they are already doing the expected work of ten people and are doing so with little to no complaint. I myself have built my own clan with all other players that were in it inactive for well over 4-5 months at a time and did events as well, it was not as hard as some want to make it out to be. If you are going for the top rewards and the gold statue sure you are going to have to earn it, but getting the participation reward is quite doable and has been for a very long time.

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

If they are a solo clan, they are already doing the expected work of ten people and are doing so with little to no complaint.

Agreed, for the most part, just advocating for the devil, that's all.

10 hours ago, Xekrin said:

A lot of these issues would be resolved simply by such events using the amount of players in the clan rather than basing research costs and event rewards on the clan's max size limit.

There would certainly be kinks to work out in such a system but it'd at least be a step in the right direction.  But to answer one question active = under 14 days since last played.  Sounds reasonable to me anyway.

Yeah, saw that suggestion a lot around. The idea is good, but I don't know the sweet number to categorize someone as "inactive". 14 days could be too long, since most events span in just a week. But only 7 days could be considered too short as well, making balancing quite a pickle.

11 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

This kills the main reason for clans existing, making clans have little to offer anyone. It would have a massive impact on clans and be directly counterproductive to what DE is intending for players to do.

I realize the idea would probably destroy a lot of clans, especially those solo clans (kind of the point of the idea). I was thinking this would be some kind of indirect filter for people to join clans. People who just want to sit there and leech would not want to join a clan, so recruiters could have less hassle of dealing with them.

11 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Many issue i have with bigger clans is not that i not want to socoialze but more like most demand you to be on each day, you cna't do some stuff on your own witohut them demandign oyu to raid or provide soem work to the clan on EACH day, which is ok to provide some but if people not have time or simply want to paly for themself for awhile it is also unfair to demand it of them.

Each game has this problem i say, the bigger a clan, guild, etc. grows the more problems happen.

If i am in a Clan with like 200 people, shouldi know every single one? Or will small groups happen anyway and others are jsut happen to be nearby without even noticed while still providing help to the clan.

Problem is alsways, in every gaem, peopel onyl go in clans for beneifts rather then actualy knwoign the people there and paly with them. Thats why i prefer a samll clan with some friends even if they might stop playing, then be in a clan that keeps trwoing inactive palyers out were you not even will know one single member by name or so.

Yeah, some people said that the size of Warframe Clan tiers are too big. I mean, come on... managing around 300 or 1000 people? In real-life, people are getting paid to do something like that, and here we have to do it for free? No wonder many don't bother and just put some arbitrary rules.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

I realize the idea would probably destroy a lot of clans, especially those solo clans (kind of the point of the idea). I was thinking this would be some kind of indirect filter for people to join clans. People who just want to sit there and leech would not want to join a clan, so recruiters could have less hassle of dealing with them.

Fairly sure that DE's own method of making clans have to spend more work to enjoy the benefits of a clan event compared to that of a solo player are a direct method of discouraging people from having solo clans without flat out forcing them to leave. If they wish to retain their solo clan and participate in the clan event, then they need to understand that they have to face the same goal as all other ghost clans. As for inactives, there isnt anything preventing people from kicking them from the clan and re-adding them if they ever decide to return. Its partly why I never understood why people got all up in arms other the thought.

5 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Fairly sure that DE's own method of making clans have to spend more work to enjoy the benefits of a clan event compared to that of a solo player are a direct method of discouraging people from having solo clans without flat out forcing them to leave. If they wish to retain their solo clan and participate in the clan event, then they need to understand that they have to face the same goal as all other ghost clans. As for inactives, there isnt anything preventing people from kicking them from the clan and re-adding them if they ever decide to return. Its partly why I never understood why people got all up in arms other the thought.

I'm sure that is DE intention, to get Solo Clans out of the picture and make Clan members want to cooperate with each other. Unfortunately, not everyone is a social-hungry person. Some just want to play around with themselves most of the time, and play with a group when it is mandatory. Locking them out of Clan-based gear is not a good attitude.

My sentiment is the same about inactives, even if they have to deal with the down-time of crafting the Clan key.

If what you mean is those Solo Clans should congregate and turn into one big "Solo" clan, then perhaps a method to find out what Clans are available or existing in-game would be appreciated. Not every player uses the Forum after all, so a method or a way to know about existing Clans in-game would help a long way.

I feel that DE could implement a solo clan exclusion or even a total member system rather than a max member for each tier, but it really begins to break down leader boards at that point I feel. That may be a partial reason why it has not been done already. If you are going to judge clans by exact member numbers then the tiers have no point being differentiated from each other on any scoreboards. A system that recognizes inactives would be rather difficult for DE to manage due to it being an arbitrary number for what qualifies someone as "inactive." People have a different idea for what inactive is.

DE has improved the clan requirements compared to before, so the trend will hopefully continue.

2 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

I feel that DE could implement a solo clan exclusion or even a total member system rather than a max member for each tier, but it really begins to break down leader boards at that point I feel. That may be a partial reason why it has not been done already. If you are going to judge clans by exact member numbers then the tiers have no point being differentiated from each other on any scoreboards. A system that recognizes inactives would be rather difficult for DE to manage due to it being an arbitrary number for what qualifies someone as "inactive." People have a different idea for what inactive is.

That is also a problem. A small compromise would be to let each clan decide how long is inactive, though it could lead to exploits or toxic behavior.

2 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

DE has improved the clan requirements compared to before, so the trend will hopefully continue.

Felt the same way. Compared to the Pacifism Defect, the Ambulas Reborn event have some step forward in addressing various clan. There is still some fear it could go wrong, but I hope it won't.