Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

prime access hype ?

Dark5eiD

I mean, I'm not quite sure why the community can't get behind Oberon... He is a really good frame with several benefits. Now his argument has turned into everyone shaming him regardless if they have tried him or not. This goes the same with the S-A prime, even though from the test videos it looks like it can perform at high levels and has a CC effect. And of course the Sybaris prime is the Sybaris prime. I for one will be buying the Prime Access. I hope some of you will be as well

Edited by Aleksundar

Oberon is very fun to play with and you can tank pretty well with him so no idea why all the hate. Problem with this Prime is that we already have a much better looking deluxe skin. But I guess it is a taste thing so lots of people will appreciate the Prime look.

14 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

I mean, I'm not quite sure why the community can't get behind Oberon.

Mostly it's just bandwagonning haters who love to rip on stuff they don't have the slightest clue about. But the more level headed people do have merit when they say Oberon just isn't as useful as say a Blessing Trinity, a Radial Disarm Loki, a Slow Nova, a Tanky Inaros, an Arcane Chroma etc. Most people would rather take a frame that excels in one area than one that tries to cover all and subsequently spreads himself too thin.

I love running Oberon though. He just needs a few more QoL changes and then I think he'll be in a good place.

Just now, KentuckyKid_69 said:

Problem with this Prime is that we already have a much better looking deluxe skin. But I guess it is a taste thing so lots of people will appreciate the Prime look.

I think the problem is that Primes are supposed to be just as, if not better looking than a deluxe skin. Unfortunately DE seemed to have flopped very audibly face down in a freezing pool with this Prime. His original skin and Feyarch skin make him look like a mystical creature of the wood, or some other enchanted nature place, whereas his Prime makes him look like he belongs on a mountain somewhere in Europe eating grass.

I'm not going to be touching it

I'm glad DE came back at the last second to give oberon another much needed boost, but I think oberon prime looks hideous with all the seemingly random castle bits tossed about on him, he's also still got a bit of a gut and high heels

I've never used sybaris much even though I've forma'd both of them quite a few times so sybaris prime doesn't excite me, it also seems like bait for all the people who don't like oberon instead of giving another weapon the prime treatment that could of used the buff (tiberon, attica, ect.) rather than an already extremely good gun pushing the power creep further

I enjoy silva a good bit, but the prime'd one looks like a toilet seat with a fancy brush to scrub. If DE lets us use the non-primed skin on weapons like we can on frames I might go grind or trade for it.

Then there's the prime accessories, which looks like the usual garbage. A syandana that cannot even come close to the tennogen ones that just released and a sugatra that no one is going to see.

very hard pass for me

2 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I think the problem is that Primes are supposed to be just as, if not better looking than a deluxe skin. Unfortunately DE seemed to have flopped very audibly face down in a freezing pool with this Prime. His original skin and Feyarch skin make him look like a mystical creature of the wood, or some other enchanted nature place, whereas his Prime makes him look like he belongs on a mountain somewhere in Europe eating grass.

Frost, Ash, Saryn, Banshee all these Frames look much better with the deluxe skin and not there Prime versions. And yes Oberon Prime looks off.

2 minutes ago, KentuckyKid_69 said:

Frost, Ash, Saryn, Banshee all these Frames look much better with the deluxe skin and not there Prime versions. And yes Oberon Prime looks off.

Ash's deluxe I find to be too plastic. Saryn's deluxe skin looks far too anime for my liking, Banshee's just makes her look fat. Frost's one is the deluxe I think is actually better than the Prime, but seeing as how his Prime looks exactly like the original bar the helmet, it's not really much of a contest between the two. In my personal opinion the DE deluxe skins look far too much like toys, bar a few ones like the Feyarch. I've always liked Tennogen more anyway.

I feel so disappointed that this is the one Prime frame that I'd happily cover up with a deluxe skin. 

2 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

idk, to me he looks much better then the original. i dont think he sucks at all either. he is a very useful frame for cc and support.

You're back but I guess you forgot to ignore the slight ignorance and toxicity. WB though! 

Just now, Lord_Impaler said:

forgive my ignorance here guys, but what is the new buff oberon got ?

They upped the outward range of Hallowed Ground, made Reckoning so that it can actually fully strip armor, and made it so that renewal heals pets again but at 1/3 the rate & 1/3 the cost.

1 minute ago, W0wRUUD said:

They upped the outward range of Hallowed Ground, made Reckoning so that it can actually fully strip armor, and made it so that renewal heals pets again but at 1/3 the rate & 1/3 the cost.

so reckoning range was not buffed thou? still decent buffs i think.

2 hours ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Just wondering if its just me or is the community not too hyped up for new prime access today. usually lots-o-hype. what is the dealio ?

I was actually kind of hyped after i saw the datamine. But the recent lack of content, no rewards at all from sorties and negative answers regarding kuva endless, made me burn out pretty hard so i moved on to another game for a while which actually kept me interested now. So i kind of lost my interest to grind this PA even though i usually enjoy that.

4 minutes ago, W0wRUUD said:

I forget, does that mean one cast fully strips armour from enemies?

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

I forget, does that mean one cast fully strips armour from enemies?

Unfortunately not, but with decent power strength it should take like two casts. Probably not worth it quite yet, but given that the change happened in the first place, I have hope that it will happen eventually.

1 minute ago, W0wRUUD said:

Unfortunately not, but with decent power strength it should take like two casts. Probably not worth it quite yet, but given that the change happened in the first place, I have hope that it will happen eventually.

Such a shame. DE want people to use Oberon but they don't give him the most obvious buff that would actually put him on par with other frames in terms of usefulness. He could be the first frame that fully strips armour without having to invest every single mod slot into Power Strength. Doubt it'll happen though since DE seem determined that he remain sub-par. One can dream I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Such a shame. DE want people to use Oberon but they don't give him the most obvious buff that would actually put him on par with other frames in terms of usefulness. He could be the first frame that fully strips armour without having to invest every single mod slot into Power Strength. Doubt it'll happen though since DE seem determined that he remain sub-par. One can dream I suppose. 

I wouldn't quite call him sub-par. A good renewal build can get you a long way, even though rage is pretty much mandatory. And with the change to Renewal (that I forgot to mention earlier, where allies don't need to be on hallowed ground when you cast the ability, but can step on it anytime during Renewal's duration and receive Iron Renewal) it is much easier to sustain a party.

28 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

Then there's the prime accessories, which looks like the usual garbage. A syandana that cannot even come close to the tennogen ones that just released and a sugatra that no one is going to see.

They did rather shoot themselves in the foot with that didn't they. A smarter move would have been to release the Tennogen after the Prime Access. That way they would have made money on both the PA and the Tennogen. Instead though they gave us access to some fantastic user content that we love first and here they offer us an elongated eraser to wear as an alternative. No thanks DE, I don't need a giant eraser when I have the Repala cape of glory.

Just now, W0wRUUD said:

I wouldn't quite call him sub-par. A good renewal build can get you a long way, even though rage is pretty much mandatory. And with the change to Renewal (that I forgot to mention earlier, where allies don't need to be on hallowed ground when you cast the ability, but can step on it anytime during Renewal's duration and receive Iron Renewal) it is much easier to sustain a party.

Sub-par as in he will never ever be requested for a mission in the face of other frames because he is simply just not as useful. I long for the day when I see a "Must have armour stripping Oberon" in the recruitment chat.

2 hours ago, Kihana said:

Oberon Prime will land, causing more people to use him, thereby demonstrating to them (and others) that he's really not that bad.

You hold too much faith for humanity

Just now, TheGodofWiFi said:

That's probably because it's only a single enemy, therefore it's not "OP".

true, but still need something to make him wanted. i guess if its 2 reckoning and a 15m radius of enemies have no armour it is not too bad actually. 

1 minute ago, Lord_Impaler said:

true, but still need something to make him wanted. i guess if its 2 reckoning and a 15m radius of enemies have no armour it is not too bad actually. 

Probably cost him the entirety of his energy with the amount of power strength needed.