Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reset tokens for Focus trees

MurderHoboDinosaur

Bascially what it says on the tin.

If you screwed up majorly or want to pursue a new type of gameplay, you can reset a focus tree, so instead of a pure damage Unairu build, you can go more defensive with armor and such.

Now I know what you're thinking "Murder, Focus is end game! If you made mistakes deal with it!"

We can change literally anything in the game to suit our needs. Weapons, Warframes, Sentinels, Pets

Why not focus too? Just have a reset token, 65 plat, undo all your Focus in ONE tree, then spend it for a build you want. That way we aren't penalized for making poor or misinformed decisions, and we can have more fun having flexibility in builds.

So Unairu- 50,000 focus into mastery, for cool down. I think thats a bad idea overall. Reset token, put that 50k into corrosive blast and use that.

And keep in mind like 75% of the playerbase probably will never use this anyways, so it won't be abused, won't be overpowered, or spammed. It's a relatively niche area which requires heavy dedication. On top of that, there could be a cool down of resets on a particular tree, maybe 2-3 days max.

Edited by MurderHoboDinosaur

I recall they said there would be a respec when they revamp the Focus schools, this was like a year ago though.

So..... considering it'll take another year to finish, who knows what will happen.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I recall they said there would be a respec when they revamp the Focus schools, this was like a year ago though.

So..... considering it'll take another year to finish, who knows what will happen.

Hopefully this would come sooner. A reset+refund would be great!

42 minutes ago, MurderHoboDinosaur said:

Bascially what it says on the tin.

If you screwed up majorly or want to pursue a new type of gameplay, you can reset a focus tree, so instead of a pure damage Unairu build, you can go more defensive with armor and such.

Now I know what you're thinking "Murder, Focus is end game! If you made mistakes deal with it!"

We can change literally anything in the game to suit our needs. Weapons, Warframes, Sentinels, Pets

Why not focus too? Just have a reset token, 65 plat, undo all your Focus in ONE tree, then spend it for a build you want. That way we aren't penalized for making poor or misinformed decisions, and we can have more fun having flexibility in builds.

So Unairu- 50,000 focus into mastery, for cool down. I think thats a bad idea overall. Reset token, put that 50k into corrosive blast and use that.

And keep in mind like 75% of the playerbase probably will never use this anyways, so it won't be abused, won't be overpowered, or spammed. It's a relatively niche area which requires heavy dedication. On top of that, there could be a cool down of resets on a particular tree, maybe 2-3 days max.

Well, here's the issue; you can turn off any of the abilities linked to your focus, at any time, without any kind of penalty. What you're asking isn't "I goofed, I I should be able to change my weapon next run", what you're saying is "I goofed, I'd like to reassign the experience I earned with this weapon to a different weapon, because this weapon is terrible".

Frankly, not only is Focus 'end game stuff', it's not even all that important in the first place; the more points in a tree I put, the less I seem to use it. In fact, it's so 'end game' that it runs on the excess affinity you get from stuff you've already maxed out.

To sum up; we can already turn abilities on and off, reassigning focus has no point. Just earn more focus by playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

Well, here's the issue; you can turn off any of the abilities linked to your focus, at any time, without any kind of penalty. What you're asking isn't "I goofed, I I should be able to change my weapon next run", what you're saying is "I goofed, I'd like to reassign the experience I earned with this weapon to a different weapon, because this weapon is terrible".

Frankly, not only is Focus 'end game stuff', it's not even all that important in the first place; the more points in a tree I put, the less I seem to use it. In fact, it's so 'end game' that it runs on the excess affinity you get from stuff you've already maxed out.

To sum up; we can already turn abilities on and off, reassigning focus has no point. Just earn more focus by playing the game.

Not really?

If I invested 100k and I decided it wasn't good, reset token, get that 100k back FOR THAT TREE and use it for a different branch

Its just more convenient.

3 hours ago, MurderHoboDinosaur said:

Not really?

If I invested 100k and I decided it wasn't good, reset token, get that 100k back FOR THAT TREE and use it for a different branch

Its just more convenient.

Agree  just bc why not?

Reminds to a truely free costumizing "skill-tree". Where 2 lil white arrows at every "skill-tree-point' could be used to lvl up and use points or lvl down a skill and free points used again. But you couldn't skill all points to 100%. You had to make choices.

I like your idea +1