Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forgotten Equipments

Marine027

How come people seem to forget Energy, Health, Shield and Ammo Plates exist?

How come people want only to rely on only the Warframe, Weapon or Pet?

How come people not want to use what the game gives them as help?

Overall just wanting to know what people think of this.

Because i personaly find it silly how people complain about energy problems or so but never bother carry any of those plates with, they not cost that much and you can make them in packs.

So why do people seemingly refuse to sue them or ignore them like they not exist?

I don't know, i feel good having a quick energy palte giving 100 energy if a Group of Leach Eximus comes around the corner, placing two or three at once to get max energy back and use abiltiys without having to bother.

I personally carry about 100 of each restore with me all the time but avoid using them at all costs.  I don't see warframe as a game where  I should spam potions.  I feel the  missions should be self contained and try to survive based of that plus whatever equipment I bring.  Pizzas are a crutch to me and a band aid.  That's my personal opinion,  most payers use their pizza potions freely.  Keep in mind new players don't have access to these blueprints easily.

Edited by TaylorsContraction
typos

3 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

I personally carry about 100 of each restore with me all the time but avoid using them at all costs.  I don't see warframe as a game where  I should spam potions.  I feel the  missions should be self contained and try to survive based of that plus whatever equipment I bring.  Pizzas are a crutch to me and a band aid.  That's my personal opinion,  most payers use their pizza potions freely.  Keep in mind new players don't have access to these blueprints easily.

Of course, but often i see even veterans complain about energy problems but refuse to use those which not gets in my head really, the game gives such as help but they not wanna use it at all and simply ignore it exists seemingly. I mean long time players should ahve enoguh resources without having to worry about running out of it.

Not expecting people to carry hundres around but, if they use maybe one a day it won't be expensive right? Just seeing it rarely with them complaining which is dumb to be honest.

Main point i try to make here is, people complain but not accept help in that form we have, a bit double morality in my eyes, that is all.

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Of course, but often i see even veterans complain about energy problems but refuse to use those which not gets in my head really, the game gives such as help but they not wanna use it at all and simply ignore it exists seemingly. I mean long time players should ahve enoguh resources without having to worry about running out of it.

Not expecting people to carry hundres around but, if they use maybe one a day it won't be expensive right? Just seeing it rarely with them complaining which is dumb to be honest.

Main point i try to make here is, people complain but not accept help in that form we have, a bit double morality in my eyes, that is all.

It's not really a double morality,  but a specific mentality.

Generally games go in one of three directions.  First,  healing is entirely done through the player via healing spells,  potions or life steal. Second,  players have no access to healing other than through enemy drops, and lastly some combination of the two.

Everyone who starts warframe plays through the first kind.  Only source of health and energy are the orbs dropped from enemies containers.  It's not until much later that they get a frame with healing (typically oberon).  Even later still life strike,  Trinity and most likely medi ray after all that. 

Keep in mind that aside from Trinity while there are new sources of health recovery,  energy is still rare unless you play Trinity.

Eventually sometime after that they'll get potions.  So after playing for so long without potions everyone assumes the game is meant to be playable without them.  Hence you see people complaining about poor energy economy.  Unlocking the zeuril passive of probably the last energy source players gain access to.  Warframe is by far the stingiest game ever when it comes to mana economy.  Most game offer some passive energy regen for spell heavy games,  warframe Is definitely an exception to the rule in that respect.

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Warframe community tends to purposely forget things so they can have something to complain to DE. Energy Pads and Energy management is one of the many "problems" this community creates:

"This weapon requires too much Nitain, grind sucks" People have weeks to get 5 nitain for a eventual new nitain weapon that could take months to arrive.

"The game is too easy" Stronger enemy arrives: "But I want a casual game, I want to feel OP"

"Rivens are S#&$, we need more balance"  Balance patch arrives: " Why did you nerf things? This game don't need balance, its a PvE game!"

And of course:

"This warframe uses too much energy, we need energy regen!" Yet no one stops spamming abilities or even use energy pads

After 4 years playing this game, I see that a lot of the problems this game have could be solved easily if the players didn't put their personal desires ahead of the game's health.

Ability spam was a problem that could be solved with the removal of everything that gives infinite energy, but no ones want their precious Zenurik or EV removed. If EV was removed, Trinity would never receive the nerfs to blessing.

The energy pad problem is one of many problems you can find in Warframe community. Players have all means to stay with enough energy through the mission, yet they don't use them and always complain that certain Warframes need some type of energy regen or energy costs reduced.

If DE removes Zenurik when they rework Focus, the forums will explode and no one will "remember" that before Focus, everyone could stay a long time in a mission without Zenurik, only with pads and energy drops.

For me it depends greatly on the Warframe I'm using (if they need lots of energy before I pop Zenurik) and on the playstyle/mood I'm in. Or if the map has Infested then I'm pretty sure I'll need some health pizzas at some point from all the Toxin dmg wearing down my HP. I have nothing against occasional pizza use, but if your build revolves around spamming them then something is wrong. But tbh I don't really think about it that much.

I agree people don't use enough equipment. I always have energy, health, ammo pads equipped and the most used is definitely the energy. No point being stingy with such a trivial resource. Normal 50 of each including ciphers. 

Any spy mission I will drop a pad wait for it to fill me up and then proceed with the mission. I rarely see this behavior but that is how I like to play. Doesn't really bother me how others play. 

3 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

I agree people don't use enough equipment. I always have energy, health, ammo pads equipped and the most used is definitely the energy. No point being stingy with such a trivial resource. Normal 50 of each including ciphers. 

Any spy mission I will drop a pad wait for it to fill me up and then proceed with the mission. I rarely see this behavior but that is how I like to play. Doesn't really bother me how others play. 

+1

Thats just like i do it too. If i am not Trinity i drop a energy pizza (since we do not start with full energy pool...) esp when i play my Mag,...which is focused on energy like no other frame. At deff or stationary gameplay i most over drop 2 pizzas for all: energy and (over)shields pizza. If i see a banshee struggling with energy after her 4...i drop a energy pizza as ty for given almost her complete energy just to support our squad with DD and then kinda got nothing for her selfe left (thats how i see it..).

But yes..most over pps try to evade droping pizzas. Not bc they do not like it. Its simple to expensive for early to mid players in Ress costs. Most will have at that range single pizza crafting and maybe one pizza x10 to craft which is a bit cheaper but the ress it costs is for them to much. So they evade it to use until in REAL need to evade death.

For me as a player that got almost all gear/(prime)frame that allows me to "farm" ress fast and a lot and this also Solo might be np and thats why i can use them as i wish.

But some cant and i accept it and i am happy to help or support my squadmates if i see them in need to. 

I want also to point out, that most of the time none in the squad is watching the partylist, to watch which mate(s) are in trouble...shields suddenly drop fast down/energy keeps droping down...

Guys..care your mates,..rush to them or use skills like mags 3 to help them fast or drop some pizzas or ask for it...

A bit more squad care i would love to see. 

37 minutes ago, P0Pz said:

+1

Thats just like i do it too. If i am not Trinity i drop a energy pizza (since we do not start with full energy pool...) esp when i play my Mag,...which is focused on energy like no other frame. At deff or stationary gameplay i most over drop 2 pizzas for all: energy and (over)shields pizza. If i see a banshee struggling with energy after her 4...i drop a energy pizza as ty for given almost her complete energy just to support our squad with DD and then kinda got nothing for her selfe left (thats how i see it..).

But yes..most over pps try to evade droping pizzas. Not bc they do not like it. Its simple to expensive for early to mid players in Ress costs. Most will have at that range single pizza crafting and maybe one pizza x10 to craft which is a bit cheaper but the ress it costs is for them to much. So they evade it to use until in REAL need to evade death.

For me as a player that got almost all gear/(prime)frame that allows me to "farm" ress fast and a lot and this also Solo might be np and thats why i can use them as i wish.

But some cant and i accept it and i am happy to help or support my squadmates if i see them in need to. 

I want also to point out, that most of the time none in the squad is watching the partylist, to watch which mate(s) are in trouble...shields suddenly drop fast down/energy keeps droping down...

Guys..care your mates,..rush to them or use skills like mags 3 to help them fast or drop some pizzas or ask for it...

A bit more squad care i would love to see. 

*thumbs up*

Basicly this yeah. More interaction with such and the team to help others out.

Of course for low and mid tier it will be expensive at the start, but they should learn atleast such exists and grow to it later when they have the resoruces for it.

And not teach them to be to proud of themself to not use such basicly.