Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Host migration"

Le_ChosE_CZ

So.. today i was playing with my gf relic mission ( defense) and everytime she got disconnected ( for her it was showing host migration in progress) and she got into solo mission and since she had lower lvl items she couldnt do it alone. This happend 2 times a row and we were even playing on same wifi network and people who joined us were there till we ended they didnt got disconnected ... so what is the problem ? what should we do ?

Edited by Le_ChosE_CZ

26 minutes ago, Le_ChosE_CZ said:

So.. today i was playing with my gf relic mission ( defense) and everytime she got disconnected ( for her it was showing host migration in progress) and she got into solo mission and since she had lower lvl items she couldnt do it alone. This happend 2 times a row and we were even playing on same wifi network and people who joined us were there till we ended they didnt got disconnected ... so what is the problem ? what should we do ?

Never play on WiFi connections even if you are within the 15ft optimal range (That is open air with no obstacles), it's not stable.

Specially since the machine you are using can have broadcast issues if it is a laptop as just running the game will be taxing the system.

Your best bet, grab some Ethernet cables and plug in.

Edited by SilvaDreams

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Never play on WiFi connections even if you are within the 15ft optimal range (That is open air with no obstacles), it's not stable.

Specially since the machine you are using can have broadcast issues if it is a laptop as just running the game will be taxing the system.

Your best bet, grab some Ethernet cables and plug in.

thx for tips but i dont think it will work here with cables but we can try smth out

If you guys are using the same internet router, you will run into this problem. You need one person to change the ports in the game to a different set. In game, under the network setting. 

This will be very noticeable if one of you is the host. The router is trying to figure out where to send the information packets. If both games are looking at the same ports, someone won't get the packets. 

Try this, and see if it helps. 

I think it's a bug, I've been playing with a friend these past 2-3 days and he randomly gets the same thing every ~2 hours, I'm the host and he gets thrown out into a solo game randomly, this never happened before and now it's pretty often...think something broke in the last patch.

Everytime I see "Host Migration" my butthole clenches tight enough to pick up sawdust. Even now when I read the title it happened a little bit. It's a reflex I've developed over the years after all my encounters with the scariest thing in all of Warframe.