Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Ember

DatDarkOne

Question

I've been been playing Ember Prime off and on for awhile now.  I recently decided to forma her a few times, but need a little direction in the path I go.  

What I'm asking is how much does power strength effect Ember with Firequake augment play in higher level missions.  Against sortie level enemies.  Can it be basically ignored because of the augments effect or does it help to have it higher?

I know there will be some that will say use another frame, but that will not be supplying an acceptable answer.  

Thank you in advance to all fellow Tenno who offer advice.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
grammar

7 answers to this question

I will go full range and efficiency, but I believe you need to ask yourself how actually your other weapons perform, if you are looking forward to kill everything with WoF, then you need full strength or if you are willing to use weapons to support your abilities, then knock them out with firequake and finish them with your weapons (hence you don't need full strength).

Edited by (XB1)neoxal

power strength plays a big part for ember, especially if you decide to use Flash Accelerant (highly recommended for you to use flash accelerant, good team buff and synergizes very well with WoF and is better with more power strength)

Firequake is also a must use for ember, but it's effectivity decreases the stronger the enemy (more eximus spawns, enemy gets knockdown resistance). fortunately, accelerant isn't affected by eximus buff and will still stun high lv enemy.

about ideal level of power strength, i personally think your WoF should be able to kill lv 30 enemies in 3 WoF ticks or less, (i personally set my ember at 200% power strength, 100% duration, 175% efficiency, but range should not go below 100%). 
i highly suggest to keep power strength and range in balance

If WoF hit -everything- in a radius I'd say go for full range, but as I recall it only hits 5 enemies at a time. That means sacrificing power for range has a very sudden dropoff when you stop killing things in one hit.

Personally I've left Overextended at home, opting for a more balanced build. Transient Fortitude, Intensify, Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise in top row, Vitality, Firequake, Streamline, Stretch in bottom row. Yes, I sort by polarity so it looks nice. ;) Rush in Exilus slot because being able to move fast is important to me, Energy Siphon in aura though I'm gonna swap that out now that I've gone full forma and start a mission with around 180 energy. I have successfully brought this build to various level 100 Sorties (just not Elemental Enhancement ones) and been the highest damage dealer as well as the one running around reviving people.

A WoF Ember can benefit a lot from going with the Vazarin school for instant revives instead of Zenurik for energy regen - start with enough energy and you shouldn't need to ever turn WoF off unless you start meeting Parasitic Eximus enemies.

The CC of Firequake isn't really affected by STR unless you count killing the crowd as part of the crowd control. Although, I guess it does increase the status chance of the ability in general, and fire procs cause Panic states, which stun the enemy. So yeah STR does her CC a bit of good, even if it doesn't help FQ that much.

I also recommend the mod Flash Accelerant, which, despite appearance, can massively increase damage output for her weapons. On top of it applying the normal Accelerant to enemies around her, it also boosts yours and allies weapons with a base of 50% fire damage and 50% ability casting speed, and the damage buff gets stronger with STR mods (but it applies to weapon base damage, not weapon total damage. It behaves like a fire elemental mod would). This hits a 100% damage buff at 200% STR.

Flash Accelerant is actually the only augment I use on her anymore because it's that good for me. Firequake is still good for CC, and that'll scale plenty high for its purpose, I just also recommend this one if you're ever in the market for a buffing Ember build or just want to see bigger gun damage numbers.

For sorties, keeping a balanced build works perfectly for me, along with Firequake and Flash Accelerant. Only crucial stat (as it is for most Warframes) is max efficiency (which includes keeping duration at ~100%)

My build is:
Primed Continuity, Streamline (1 rank from max), Fleeting Expertise (1 rank from max), Intensify, Stretch, Firequake, Flash Accelerant, Vitality (say what you will, but I feel it helps more than you think with a tad of health). In the exilus-slot I have Rush, but parkour-mods, anti-knockdown or Power Drift are also great mods here.

This leaves me with 105% Duration, 175% Efficiency, 130% Strength (or 145% with Power Drift) and 145% range.

Edited by Azamagon

Thank you all for the wonderful answers.  I had previously looked over Flash Accelerant.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  Being reminded that WoF only hits about 5 enemies at a time does put things into better prospective for me.  

As you all have contributed, I don't feel it would be fair to mark just one as the best answer. 

Thank you again.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne