The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions on a better loadout

SCReefke

Question

Hi. 

Im quite new and at first this game was easy, but as im moving on to higher planets the enemies kill me before I kill them, wich is quite frustrating.. ive been reading some old topics and having good weapons depends on ur own playstyle so im including as much info as I can to make it easier for u guys to make some suggestions, I could aswell buy all weapons and test them for myself but why does this forum exist if I would do that?

I hate 2handed weapons, I tried Gram and Galatine and I got 'stuck' in attacking wich is annoying, I like to be able to move free-ly at all times

Im cuncurrently using : 

- Zhuge

- Spira

- Broken war

As I like melee the most I dont really care about the other ones. but still it stays hard with the lvl 30-40 missions, and ive read there are level 100 enemies, so if im struggling now what would it be like when im at those levels..? 

now about my playstyle: Im the kind that rushes to enemies to kill them (unless im in spy missions i avoid alarms at all times) 

Im also using the element combo's for certain enemies: 

Grineer: Radiation + viral

Corpus: magnetic + toxic

Infested: Corrosive + heat

Orokin: Corrosive + cold

So, what else can I do? if u have any tips on better weapons (especially melee) wich fit in my playstyle Id like to hear them

Thanks! 

4 answers to this question

For weapons, it's totally depend on your play style but for general element combo against each faction, I would suggest :

• Grineer : Corrosive + Blast  /  Corrosive + Heat
  • Corpus : Gas + Electricity  /  Viral + Cold
  • Infested : Gas
  • Orokin : Viral + Radiations

However, it totally depend on the weapon too because some of them allow more combo (for exemble, Magnetic + Blast + Corrosive on Simulor).

You can also consider using slash (especially if you play melee) because the Slash status deal "finisher damages". Finisher damage are special damages that bypass both shield and armor, so it's efficient against all factions. This is one of the best way to kill high level enemis with huge armor and shield.

Broken War is one of the most powerful swords in the game, so I'd stick with that. For mods, there are a couple that are really good for almost any weapon. First, make sure that your Pressure Point is fully ranked (get Primed Pressure Point if you can). Pressure Point increases all other damage—physical and elemental. Second, you should try to get Spoiled Strike. That will, again, increase all of your damage, it's very much worth the attack speed loss.

I would really recommend you try to get ahold of Drifting Contact, the longer combo counter can really pump up your damage over long missions. If you do a lot of slide attacks, get Maiming Strike so that they almost always crit—unlike other mods, Maiming Strike doesn't modify your base crit chance; it gives you a flat 90% chance to crit on slide attacks. If you go that route, Berzerker might be a good option. Oh, and don't forget Life Strike.

Obviously, you can't pack all these mods AND have two elemental combos. For myself, I go with one combo or even just one element, period. The extras you get from the non-elemental mods—huge attack speed boosts from Berzerker fueled by guaranteed crits on slide attack from Maiming Strike, and a 13-second timer on your combo counter allowing you to quickly get up to 3x damage or higher and stay there—more than make up for the elemental damage and procs.

If I can only pick one element, I usually go with Viral because it's only weak against enemies that are weak anyway, and the 50% health proc is more damage than pretty much anything else you can pack. If I can only pick a single element, I go with Toxin because it ignores shields.

Don't tell anybody, but on some weapons I go without any elemental mods at all. On my Nikana Prime, I went with a full slash damage spec to take advantage of Relentless Combination/Weeping Wounds/Body Count.

Edited by motorfirebox

First off, get the 60% Dual-Stat elementals for melee if you don't already have them. Also get Drifting Contact (nightmare mod, +40% Status +10sec Combo Counter) and Weeping Wounds if you can. Next, get a weapon like the Lacera or the Tipedo or the Prisma Dual Cleavers that Baro is selling right now. Pretty much any weapon with good status and (optionally) good crit. Then, add your elementals in whatever factional combination you prefer (gas is good vs. Corpus if you can get up around 100% status). Other good non-heavy melee for status are the Twin Basolk, Nami Solo, Boltace, Serro, Atterax, Lecta, and Ohma.

If you have Blood Rush or Maiming Strike, go for crit instead. As long as you have Blood Rush, any weapon with 15%+ Crit Chance can be good. Maiming Strike can work with any weapon with 10% crit chance or more, but it tends to cause fatigue with extended use.

As for your primary and secondary, anything goes, as long as it can be built for crit or status.

We are forgetting about something here: the frame.  Your performance does not only depend on your play style and weapon choice, but also your frame.  whatever frame you're using, identify which ability you use more and build your frame around it without reducing your survivability.  All abilities are either affected by Duration, efficiency, Range and Power strength.  The aura mod you choose should top off your frame and/or weapon.  If your frame can't take a hit, you die.  if you can survive hard missions with poor weapon builds, you die.  But depending on the mission levels (mostly low and mid tier) even if you use wrong damage types they most likely still take down enemies.  but further in the game you will need that knowledge and understand which damage type affect an enemy the best.  Hope this helped.