Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead Primes?

BetaNoire

Question

My understanding is that Ash Prime was vaulted on May 30th. But it currently displays in the possible reward list here. Does that mean that some items in the reward list of my relics don't exist/cant be gotten anymore? So I have to double check whether items I want are available? That seems rather tedious.

tOcnOaO.png

7 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

My understanding is that Ash Prime was vaulted on May 30th. But it currently displays in the possible reward list here.

I don't know if you were here prior to the relic system being put into place, but Vaulting means something a bit different than it used to.  Previously it meant they literally no longer drop and can no longer be obtained at all in the game (other than trading).  With the new system, it means the relics that have vaulted items in them no longer drop, if you still have those relics, you can still use them to get vaulted items.

Any item that was not vaulted but also drops from a vaulted relic will also be in a brand new relic, usually alongside the brand new prime parts from the PA.  These new relics will have to be farmed fresh before you can get them again.

For example, the relic in your screenshot shows Saryn Prime Neuroptics, which is not vaulted.  The only way to get that now, without using a vaulted relic, is to farm for Meso S5, which is the new relic for Sybaris Prime.  Since the previous relics that had saryn neuroptics are now both vaulted.

It makes new prime access farming a pain but keeps vaulted primes alive a lot longer than it used to.

Edited by Xekrin

Basically any relics you have before prime items are vaulted still provide those rewards. You don't lose those relics and you can keep having a shot at getting vaulted items until you run out of vaulted relics. So you can still get ash parts from the relics in question.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The other items in vaulted relics will be moved to new relics. They are still available from new relics... or from the old(vaulted) relics you presently having. As long as the items are not vaulted, they won't disappear for you to get.

The vaulted prime in the vaulted relics, you can still get them if you have the vaulted relics.

Edited by kyori

1 hour ago, Xekrin said:

I don't know if you were here prior to the relic system being put into place, but Vaulting means something a bit different than it used to.  Previously it meant they literally no longer drop and can no longer be obtained at all in the game (other than trading).  With the new system, it means the relics that have vaulted items in them no longer drop, if you still have those relics, you can still use them to get vaulted items.

Any item that was not vaulted but also drops from a vaulted relic will also be in a brand new relic, usually alongside the brand new prime parts from the PA.  These new relics will have to be farmed fresh before you can get them again.

For example, the relic in your screenshot shows Saryn Prime Neuroptics, which is not vaulted.  The only way to get that now, without using a vaulted relic, is to farm for Meso S5, which is the new relic for Sybaris Prime.  Since the previous relics that had saryn neuroptics are now both vaulted.

It makes new prime access farming a pain but keeps vaulted primes alive a lot longer than it used to.

What does unvaulting do?

40 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

What does unvaulting do?

Makes vaulted primes temporarily available (their relics) for farming again, also lets people buy a form of mixed Prime Access directly.  Doesn't last as long as a normal Prime Access and gives everyone a small window to get primes they didn't have before.