Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Making Knee Jerking Decisions!

winterau

You guys are really responsive, but you make knee jerk decisions fairly frequently and it needs to stop.

This Vampirism mode is now ridiculous because you made a knee jerk reaction. Instead of either increasing the health drain or lowering the health gain from enemy kills, you just smash out a change without any forethought about what it means within the wider context of your game.

Did you even think about defense missions where it takes a long time for enemies to spawn?

Did you even think about missions where your game just stop spawning enemies?

This doesn't make the game any harder, it just randomises whether or not you die. Did you get defense + vampirism? You die. Did you get a tileset that doesn't spawn enemies in vampirism? You die.

That is not making the game any harder, it is just bad luck and a really crappy system.

It shows a distinct lack of understanding on your part of the way your game works.

Health leech is always a bad idea :D, but i have to admit it is funny somehow to spawn see your health start falling and before you seen an enemy your dead, but ofc its all the players fault you did not spend enough forma on your frame you dont have a generator in it and ofc you have to use an full upgraded vitality mod....

I agree. I really love the idea of the Vampire mode in all honesty, makes the mission very frantic and exciting! It just has a few flaws with it that need to be thought out a bit more.

-For defense, they could have the vampire mode kick in once the first wave actually starts, seems easy enough.

-But other parts of the maps like long elevators and tiles that don't spawn enemies could use some sort of work. Idk what to do for those but there needs a little revising on these parts of missions.

other then that I love the vampire mode, and all the nightmare modes in general.

I hope DE can manage to fix this better because I enjoy these modes a lot!

and ofc you have to use an full upgraded vitality mod....

Incorrect vitatily mods have nothing to do with it because nightmare mod does not take you for example 25HP it takes you a certain percentage of your health per second, if you have the party's players HUD by pressing Z you can see that everyone's health drops at the same rate :D

You guys are really responsive, but you make knee jerk decisions fairly frequently and it needs to stop.

This Vampirism mode is now ridiculous because you made a knee jerk reaction. Instead of either increasing the health drain or lowering the health gain from enemy kills, you just smash out a change without any forethought about what it means within the wider context of your game.

Did you even think about defense missions where it takes a long time for enemies to spawn?

Did you even think about missions where your game just stop spawning enemies?

This doesn't make the game any harder, it just randomises whether or not you die. Did you get defense + vampirism? You die. Did you get a tileset that doesn't spawn enemies in vampirism? You die.

That is not making the game any harder, it is just bad luck and a really crappy system.

It shows a distinct lack of understanding on your part of the way your game works.

its ok man, its not like it cannot be fixed immediately. its just like experimenting and toying with things. lets just see what happens, especially with everything else thought out very well, i wouldnt really mind when they do "knee jerkin reactions"

Imo vampire mode should only drain health when you are within a certain distance of enemies. random map generation and various modes make a constant leech too hard to balance properly.

That might be harder to code then just making a 1 HP minuim. Which is should IMO create the same net effect AND help people who don't want to play Rusher style.

I disagree with this post entirely. DE is awesome for their responsiveness and interaction with their community. This is just a minor miscalculation on their part and it needs fixed. That is all. Everytime they break something, they are very vocal about how they plan to fix it and they take the communities feedback. They are just human afterall and S#&$ happens, they will undoubtedly fix this and everyone will be happy again.

That might be harder to code then just making a 1 HP minuim. Which is should IMO create the same net effect AND help people who don't want to play Rusher style.

Mights and ifs are not a good excuse for taking the easy way out.  Once you take out the risk of the leech killing you, it essentially becomes god mode if you can kill stuff quickly enough, which isn't hard if you have well modded gear.

I disagree with this post entirely. DE is awesome for their responsiveness and interaction with their community. This is just a minor miscalculation on their part and it needs fixed. That is all. Everytime they break something, they are very vocal about how they plan to fix it and they take the communities feedback. They are just human afterall and S#&$ happens, they will undoubtedly fix this and everyone will be happy again.

I totally agree, the response time on this was amazing! Prop to DE for actually listening to their feedback and reacting so quickly. Just the fact that they did respond back so fast is very impressive

Go back to low drain health but make enemies gain less health. 1% drain will give us 100s timer if each enemy kill prolongs it by 5seconds it seems fine by me. Not to mention container health drops which give a bit of time when theres no enemies.

Or make enemies spawn like stupid but decrease their dmg so it wont be instagib.

Edited by Davoodoo92

Fair enough that you disagree, but I just feel that they make decisions off the cuff without any thought about the consequences. That is to be honest, a really crappy design process. 

I just want them to sit down and have a think about what their decisions might mean rather than flying off the handle like they seem to be doing more and more recently.

Rhino nerf was another perfect example of flip flopping knee jerk reactions contrasted against a more measured response which is what they finally came up with (though it is still a crappy implementation of Iron Skin).

Fair enough that you disagree, but I just feel that they make decisions off the cuff without any thought about the consequences. That is to be honest, a really crappy design process. 

I just want them to sit down and have a think about what their decisions might mean rather than flying off the handle like they seem to be doing more and more recently.

Rhino nerf was another perfect example of flip flopping knee jerk reactions contrasted against a more measured response which is what they finally came up with (though it is still a crappy implementation of Iron Skin).

The problem with rhino nerf was that people didnt want nerf. It wasnt about making iron skin usable but making iron skin easy mode again.

And yes i dont agree with some decisions like making vampire mode as it is now or giving hek long range(and huge dmg).

In my opinion DE already had a form of 'Hard Mode' in the game. Remember those Fire/Frost effects during missions? Having only 50% shields or getting a fire DoT on you would have been a perfect basis to use for Nightmare Mode.

But not this static health drop from Vampire Mode that punishes those with low health or being on a map with long periods of no mobs or where random maps are marked as Nightmare where others are Regular.

So please remove this current system and change it to something better as well as giving your players the CHOICE of going Nightmare Mode or not. Not everyone wants to get dumped into a Nightmare Mode just because someone had a skull on the system.

Other online games have this CHOICE where the players themselves can decide to either keep to regular missions or go for the 'Hard Mode'. But this CHOICE is not present in Warframe atm (the only choice being to avoid the mission), when it really should be an OPTION that has to be manually selected by the players.

At least that's my 2 plat on the matter. ;)

EDIT: Included crude image on how I think Nightmare Mode could be implemented as a choice

2m4vwox.png

Edited by Danakar

Health leech is always a bad idea :D, but i have to admit it is funny somehow to spawn see your health start falling and before you seen an enemy your dead, but ofc its all the players fault you did not spend enough forma on your frame you dont have a generator in it and ofc you have to use an full upgraded vitality mod....

No matter how much hp you have,it'll always burn 1% of your hp per second. So you only have 100 second before you die.

Vitality mod in a sense doesn't matter because the drain is on percentage, but due to rounding up, some might experience a much higher percentage drain.

Hm my rhino has 500 health and lost 5 points and after patch 8 points per red flashing(tick).

My vauban has 240 health and lost 5 points and after patch 8 points per tick.

But i did not pay really close attention to the numbers i will check em next time i got a chance with a more scientific approach.