Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

account deactivation/deleted

NovaVortex77

Question

i know something similar like this has been asked over and over again but i would like to ask it again to clear things up as i did not fully understand the other topics.

Let's say i quit warframe to focus on my work and one day i deside to come back and play some warframe

will i be able to play it normally or will my account already been deactivated/deleted?

if that's the case is it possible to get my account back if i contact support? or is it forever gone?

18 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, NovaVortex77 said:

i know something similar like this has been asked over and over again but i would like to ask it again to clear things up as i did not fully understand the other topics.

Let's say i quit warframe to focus on my work and one day i deside to come back and play some warframe

will i be able to play it normally or will my account already been deactivated/deleted?

if that's the case is it possible to get my account back if i contact support? or is it forever gone?

Your account won't be deleted.

4 minutes ago, NovaVortex77 said:

Your account will never be deleted ..... Well short of a database error.

3 minutes ago, ShadowStalker said:

your account will not be harmed maybe if its like a insanely long break3-4 years etc someone can contact support and maybe take your username(if they want it)

take my username? well that kind of sucks if they really want it lol

Just now, ShadowStalker said:

your account will not be harmed maybe if its like a insanely long break3-4 years etc someone can contact support and maybe take your username(if they want it)

Just now, NovaVortex77 said:

take my username? well that kind of sucks if they really want it lol

the only time I heard that a username was taken from an inactive user and transferred to an active user was when the inactive user had gathered a total of exactly 0 seconds of gameplay since creation and that was 2 or 3 years before the transfer

tl:dr: if you have any playtime whatsoever DE won't take your username

3 minutes ago, NovaVortex77 said:

what you mean database error?

Like something that destroys/damages the entire database or a massive part of it like a fire. But even then I'm sure there are off-site backup.

Edited by SilvaDreams

2 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

the only time I heard that a username was taken from an inactive user and transferred to an active user was when the inactive user had gathered a total of exactly 0 seconds of gameplay since creation and that was 2 or 3 years before the transfer

yeah your right i got my current username from an inactive 3 year old non progressed account he was MR0 with legit no playtime

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Like something that destroys/damages the entire database or a massive part of it like a fire. But even then I'm sure there are off-site backup.

oh ok like a DDOS attack/virus attack?

3 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

my username is novavortex77 you guys know that and i got play time search my name with no 77 he has 0 play time :)

also quote form reddit

"You can try making a second account and contacting support. However, if your account was slammed for inactivity, then it means you crossed the 365 day limit (see Warframe EULA) AND Digital Extremes had a reason to deactivate your account. In other words, you have no legal basis to ask for it back :(

To be honest, you may be a bit screwed - but DE support team are forgiving people and are super understandable. If you make a second account and make a ticket, you might have some luck."

found this just now

Yes possibly.

ToS

" Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason. "

Basically they should send you an email warning they are going to wipe your account if they ever bother.

Just now, Ghogiel said:

Yes possibly.

ToSb" Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason. "

Basically they should send you an email warning they are going to wipe your account if they ever bother.

ehhh thats only if you make and account and not have any progress and not use it for 12 months

1 minute ago, NovaVortex77 said:

so um as long i got progress which i do i'm safe? :P?

That's not what it says imo, but afaik the only things that have been wiped in the past 3-4 years has been progress in a handful of specific cases, and those are probably unintentional and due to database moving/changing waaayy back, and not account deletions. I really wouldn't worry

27 minutes ago, NovaVortex77 said:

No a DDoS attack is just annoying at best, we get them on and off thus why we get the network connection issues for hours on end.

A virus is virtually impossible as it (the server) doesn't accept anything that could be potentially dangerous.

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, NovaVortex77 said:

There are 26 million registered ... uh ... you know.  I promise you not all of those are exactly active right now.  Your account is safe.

4 hours ago, NovaVortex77 said:

my username is novavortex77 you guys know that and i got play time search my name with no 77 he has 0 play time :)

also quote form reddit

"You can try making a second account and contacting support. However, if your account was slammed for inactivity, then it means you crossed the 365 day limit (see Warframe EULA) AND Digital Extremes had a reason to deactivate your account. In other words, you have no legal basis to ask for it back :(

To be honest, you may be a bit screwed - but DE support team are forgiving people and are super understandable. If you make a second account and make a ticket, you might have some luck."

found this just now

The eula is just for DE to cover their bases.

I have been inactive for more than a year at one point and my account was still there when I returned.

i have a question, why do you need this

i have an account i forgot about, from around 2014, before the uranus tileset was even introduced i think

it's fine, everything is fine, if you want to force yourself to stop playing just do it