Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat QOL idea: Let us link our weapon/Warframe builds and fashionframe in chat.

Jackviator

I don't think I've been the only one to see some awesome fashionframe in action on a weapon or Warframe and thought to myself "I wonder what exact colors are being used there, from which palletes?" Of course, you can always ask the person, but in most cases you'll find that they just don't want to have to slowly type out the exact colors in their exact column in the palletes they chose in chat.

I also don't think I've been the only one to wonder what build someone is using on their 'frame or weapon, and again, you could ask the person, and they might reply, but again, in most cases, who has time to link 8-10 different mods in chat?

---

So, my proposal: Let us link our colors and builds in chat that show which exact colors and mods are being used, all at once.

That way, when someone is asking something like "Woah, how did you make your Volt go so fast?!" you could just reply [Volt Prime Config A/B/C] (or whatever you named the config, ex: [Volt Prime SANIC SPEEEED] ) instead of having to say "Oh, I use a maxed Transient Fortitude, Intensify, maxed Blind Rage, Power Drift, Armored Agility, Rush, and so on and so on and so on.

Or if someone were to ask "I heard the Sicarus Prime had been buffed, but I didn't know it was THAT good at shredding mobs. What build are you using?" You could just put [Sicarus Prime Config A/B/C] into chat, instead of having to say "Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Convulsion, etc etc etc."

And for fashionframe, if someone says "Yo, that Saryn Prime looks pretty good! What palletes are you using?" You could just say [Saryn Prime Appearance A/B/C] instead of having to say something like "Well, the primary and secondary colors from the Ki'Teer pallete, tertiary is from the Lotus pallete, the accent is so-and-so color from the Classic Saturated pack, and the energy is from the St. Patrick's day pack, in so-and-so row."

(For added points, this appearance link could also somehow contain what syandana and other attachments you're using, too).

---

You get the idea. If this were implemented, it would save a lot of time, and encourage players to share builds and fashionframe appearances to each other due to how simplistic it would be to do so.

12 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

All of this info could probably be put into the player profile and pretty much prevent DE from having to make more links for things that would have a lot of variables to link while still allowing everything you wanted to be displayed easily.

The only way I see this working out....

48 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

All of this info could probably be put into the player profile and pretty much prevent DE from having to make more links for things that would have a lot of variables to link while still allowing everything you wanted to be displayed easily.

I'd be fine if it worked like that for the fashionframe aspect of it, but I'm worried it might lead to some bad interactions between players if builds were automatically shown.

I don't want to give the elitists of this game more tools to use when it comes to basically bully people for not having the meta mod setup on their weapons or frames, especially for things like Raids and such.

13 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

I support this only if we can have an option to not let people see our builds. :)