Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua Collaboration Test Help

KuraiWolf2014

Question

I am trying to complete the collab test on the moon but can't do it solo. I found the room during a solo run on plato and decided "what the heck, why not do it?" But it can't be done solo apparently. The wiki says decoy and specters work for the pressure plates, but that doesn't seem to be true anymore. I tried both and neither of them would activate the plates. So now what do I do? I don't want to deal with trying it with randoms. And most players on my friends list aren't even at lua yet (most aren't even at the second dream). The only friend of mine that I could probably rely on for this is JoeyZero. But he probably doesn't have the time right now. I am currently sitting in the collab room trying to figure out how to do it solo. If anyone can provide some insight before I say "screw it" and leave the mission, then I would be grateful.

8 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I'm gonna have to say, it's a "Collab" test for a reason...

I understand. But I see people claiming it is possible solo. But apparently that may not be true anymore. I just want to know if it is before throwing in the towel on it for right now. I haven't gotten to TWW yet (waiting on sybaris research as I want it as my mr 5 weapon) so I can't do it with my operator. Specters don't work and neither does my decoy. I don't have any other frame with a ability that can activate pressure plates. So am I out of luck on this one?

20 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

I understand. But I see people claiming it is possible solo. But apparently that may not be true anymore. I just want to know if it is before throwing in the towel on it for right now. I haven't gotten to TWW yet (waiting on sybaris research as I want it as my mr 5 weapon) so I can't do it with my operator. Specters don't work and neither does my decoy. I don't have any other frame with a ability that can activate pressure plates. So am I out of luck on this one?

I once saw a video of someone just sneaking their way through the test using decoy + switch tele, but they probably patched that out. 

The specters and decoy only work on the later plates, not the first two. I think you may need to be able to go to walking operator mode to get the first two solo, using your warframe and operator, but just for kicks, have you tried using your operators active focus ability on one of the first two plates, while your frame was on the other, to see if that does anything? IDK. 

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I once saw a video of someone just sneaking their way through the test using decoy + switch tele, but they probably patched that out. 

The specters and decoy only work on the later plates, not the first two. I think you may need to be able to go to walking operator mode to get the first two solo, using your warframe and operator, but just for kicks, have you tried using your operators active focus ability on one of the first two plates, while your frame was on the other, to see if that does anything? IDK. 

I think any form of interaction that isn't player-based won't work on Lua's collab test. Decoy and Focus used to work, now they don't trigger it anymore.
Haven't tried Operator mode, but it's safe to say that it probably won't work ( Since it requires 4 people and all that )

30 minutes ago, KuraiWolf2014 said:

Safer bet would be trying online for this one and only time instead of searching for a probably fixed glitch for the next 5 hour.
I'd say you're out of luck on this one.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I think any form of interaction that isn't player-based won't work on Lua's collab test. Decoy and Focus used to work, now they don't trigger it anymore.
Haven't tried Operator mode, but it's safe to say that it probably won't work ( Since it requires 4 people and all that )

Safer bet would be trying online for this one and only time instead of searching for a probably fixed glitch for the next 5 hour.
I'd say you're out of luck on this one.

So basically they realized people were finding ways to do it that wasn't collab (by themselves), and they have patched them all out. 

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It is the collaboration test after all. 

OP, don't be discouraged. Run missions like the exterminate on Lua public, and I promise you see that one again before long, and people love running those things together, you will usually find that some or most of them have done it before too, so they will know to tell you exactly what you need to do. 

Even for solo players, Lua is really worth running in teams. I was running lua exterminates with people, and we've found caches, which can get a piece of octavia, someone asked everyone to chill nearby for a sec while he solved a music puzzle that got us all a different piece of octavia. 

And lots of the tests are at least a lot easier with multiple people, and you'll find yourself exciting a mission with sometimes more than one different drift mod, as more than one test can sometimes spawn in one mission. And with the sentients being killed, you have rare chance at some good drops too, and other players will help a lot with that. 

I strongly recommend running Plato, Exterminate Crossfire, with public players at least until you get the drift mods and octavia parts, it is well worth it and groups make it all easy and fun. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So basically they realized people were finding ways to do it that wasn't collab (by themselves), and they have patched them all out. 

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It is the collaboration test after all. 

OP, don't be discouraged. Run missions like the exterminate on Lua public, and I promise you see that one again before long, and people love running those things together, you will usually find that some or most of them have done it before too, so they will know to tell you exactly what you need to do. 

Even for solo players, Lua is really worth running in teams. I was running lua exterminates with people, and we've found caches, which can get a piece of octavia, someone asked everyone to chill nearby for a sec while he solved a music puzzle that got us all a different piece of octavia. 

And lots of the tests are at least a lot easier with multiple people, and you'll find yourself exciting a mission with sometimes more than one different drift mod, as more than one test can sometimes spawn in one mission. And with the sentients being killed, you have rare chance at some good drops too, and other players will help a lot with that. 

I strongly recommend running Plato, Exterminate Crossfire, with public players at least until you get the drift mods and octavia parts, it is well worth it and groups make it all easy and fun. 

Funny thing is, I often get more than one drift mod when I solo tests. I can do most of them on my own. But this one is kicking my butt. I even tried finding a clipping glitch to get into the area with the portal to no avail. Normally I can easily find a clipping glitch or two in any tile on any tileset in this game (goes to show how much effort was put into map design). Also, I normally play solo on everything because I just can't stand online gameplay in just about any game these days. I guess I am a bit too old school for most modern games.

Just now, KuraiWolf2014 said:

Funny thing is, I often get more than one drift mod when I solo tests. I can do most of them on my own. But this one is kicking my butt. I even tried finding a clipping glitch to get into the area with the portal to no avail. Normally I can easily find a clipping glitch or two in any tile on any tileset in this game (goes to show how much effort was put into map design). Also, I normally play solo on everything because I just can't stand online gameplay in just about any game these days. I guess I am a bit too old school for most modern games.

The rest can all be done solo, a lot of them are just easier if you do them with people. 

I solo a lot myself, it depends on my mood really. But I will say that I have found some of my best coop experiences when playing this game, when I was playing on Lua. Random groups there tend to be really good at working together to get all possible loot. 

I mean, there is also the possibility of just trading an extra drift mod for coaction drift to someone who has an extra, then you wouldn't even have to do the test. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

The rest can all be done solo, a lot of them are just easier if you do them with people. 

I solo a lot myself, it depends on my mood really. But I will say that I have found some of my best coop experiences when playing this game, when I was playing on Lua. Random groups there tend to be really good at working together to get all possible loot. 

I mean, there is also the possibility of just trading an extra drift mod for coaction drift to someone who has an extra, then you wouldn't even have to do the test. 

I wish I had luck with trading. I can't seem to find anyone who wants to trade with me in this game. I have a MASSIVE collection of all kinds of prime parts, helmets, relics, rare mods, etc... that I just can't seem to find buyers for any of it. Heck, I have enough stuff that I could put Darvo out of business!