Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, when are Mutagen Samples going to drop from Infestation Nodes?

CrazyCatLad

Title.

(I am talking about the Infestations that spread around the star chart; with the balance favoring detonite and fieldron drops so heavily, this would only be fair. Plenty of us still don't have Hema researched. And if you do, who knows what DE will throw at us next that requires even more. I swear to Lotus...)

6 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

It's raining in derelict

:^)

But yes, it's honestly stupid that they flat out refused to fix Eris' drop rates when they've shown that they don't want people to grind one specific spot before. 

Holy Hek! Go to my profile and see that I've been a member since 2013. You think I don't know where else to find Mutagens?  I'm calm! Just being a sarcastic jerk.  :)

Also, it is hardly raining there. ~20 from 900 kills with Pilfering Swarm (killing at least a third of them) is hardly raining.

And yeah, Eris needs it buffed too. Infested Salvage is a joke for a few reasons: Game mode is meh. It is tedious. Nidus Chassis won't drop for me after dozens and dozens of games. No Mutagens - 50% of the time I'll get 1 mutagen from the containers.

Edited by Lanieu

11 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Holy Hek! Go to my profile and see that I've been a member since 2013. You think I don't know where else to find Mutagens?  I'm calm! Just being a sarcastic jerk.  :)

Also, it is hardly raining there. ~20 from 900 kills with Pilfering Swarm (killing at least a third of them) is hardly raining.

And yeah, Eris needs it buffed too. Infested Salvage is a joke for a few reasons: Game mode is meh. It is tedious. Nidus Chassis won't drop for me after dozens and dozens of games. No Mutagens - 50% of the time I'll get 1 mutagen from the containers.

Then shouldn't you know they said they weren't going to change anything? I mean you have been here since 2013. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)RankRancid said:

Then shouldn't you know they said they weren't going to change anything? I mean you have been here since 2013. 

Are you talking about the Hema's cost?  Are you talking about the stupid RNG on Nidus acquisition? Are you talking about Eris drop rates? Are you talking about Infestations not dropping mutagens as they logically should?

When resource drops are tied to faction rather than nodes, which you'd think should be a rather straightforward fix. We know that DE/Steve has at least taken notice of the suggestion as it was brought up in one of this streams, and while he was open to the idea he seemed a little apprehensive about changing it for all factions. Why I've got no clue.

Well this a horse that has already been beaten to death & over now. See the below screenshot of my resources & tell me whats wrong with it & why such a massive difference between fieldrons,detonites & mutagens. Infestation are my 2nd highest kills btw after grineer & i am playing this game since open beta. I did contribute 5k to Hema research but even if you take those into account the ratio difference is massive.

resources_zpsvdw0nig4.png

14 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

When resource drops are tied to faction rather than nodes, which you'd think should be a rather straightforward fix. We know that DE/Steve has at least taken notice of the suggestion as it was brought up in one of this streams, and while he was open to the idea he seemed a little apprehensive about changing it for all factions. Why I've got no clue.

Yep, certain resources should be factional - I can understand raw materials remaining regional/planetary.

13 minutes ago, AbhijitSM said:

Well this a horse that has already been beaten to death & over now. See the below screenshot of my resources & tell me whats wrong with it & why such a massive difference between fieldrons,detonites & mutagens. Infestation are my 2nd highest kills btw after grineer & i am playing this game since open beta. I did contribute 5k to Hema research but even if you take those into account the ratio difference is massive.

resources_zpsvdw0nig4.png

I've played this game for 4 years with no boosters of any kind (other than freebies).  Only have 1250 mutagens right now. Have 15k of the others. I'll have to check my kill counts when I get home but I'm pretty sure Corpus is in last place.

Edited by Lanieu

41 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

Are you talking about the Hema's cost?  Are you talking about the stupid RNG on Nidus acquisition? Are you talking about Eris drop rates? Are you talking about Infestations not dropping mutagens as they logically should?

I thought we talking about the mutagen sample drop rate. On Eris or on the orokin derelict. I took we won't change anything to mean exactly that. Maybe I've missed something but that's what I got out of it. 

It's raining in the derelict therefore no changes. I hope this helps you.

Edited by (PS4)RankRancid

13 minutes ago, (PS4)RankRancid said:

I thought we talking about the mutagen sample drop rate. On Eris or on the orokin derelict. I took we won't change anything to mean exactly that. Maybe I've missed something but that's what I got out of it. 

It's raining in the derelict therefore no changes. I hope this helps you.

As I said earlier, it most certainly is not raining in the Derelict. It is bad drought on Eris too.

The previously most expensive research cost 65 mutagens (ghost clan) and Hema costs 5000, 20 per mission with cheese augments/abilities is not raining (survival). No boosters/solo. That Derelict Defense map is so damn boring.

DE holding firm on their mistake doesn't make it any less of a mistake. And asking for them to logically add mutagens to Infestations is not asking them to change Eris or the Derelict.

Edited by Lanieu

2 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

As I said earlier, it most certainly is not raining in the Derelict. It is bad drought on Eris too.

The previously most expensive research cost 65 mutagens (ghost clan) and Hema costs 5000, 20 per mission with cheese augments/abilities is not raining (survival). No boosters/solo. That Derelict Defense map is so damn boring.

DE holding firm on their mistake doesn't make it any less of a mistake. And asking for them to logically add mutagens to Infestations is not asking them to change Eris or the Derelict.

The whole raining thing is what DE Steve said. We just relaying it here. 

I don't particularly have a stance on this matter. I've got the hema and only use mutagen samples to build the mass now days. When he said they weren't going to change anything he said it's raining in derelict or something to that extent. 

Hence the it's raining statement brought up. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)RankRancid said:

The whole raining thing is what DE Steve said. We just relaying it here. 

I don't particularly have a stance on this matter. I've got the hema and only use mutagen samples to build the mass now days. When he said they weren't going to change anything he said it's raining in derelict or something to that extent. 

Hence the it's raining statement brought up. 

You're fake news.

(Joking aside, I don't remember the raining comment nor am I doubting the validity of what you say, by the way.)

And once again, Infestations should drop mutagen samples - since that is what my thread is about.

Edited by Lanieu

2 minutes ago, Lanieu said:

You're fake news.

(Joking aside, I don't remember the raining comment nor am I doubting the validity of what you say, by the way.)

And once again, Infestations should drop mutagen samples - since that is what my thread is about.

I've definitely been called worse lol. Good luck in getting it changed, I won't complain about more ways to get a resource at all. 

Sadly it won't be fixed because then there is no reason to go to the derelict missions. These needs a massive tweaks and adding more worth drops there other than the mutagen samples and kavat dna. They haven't better options and they cannot make it interesting to play it somehow only with this.

I go do derelict pretty regularly for amusement, I come out with 30-60 samples on a thorough run. I don't know about the "raining" part of the commentary but it's definitely more economical to go to derelict sabotage and run for 1k kills than go to Eris. 

on a side note, when did forums become so hostile? you guys know its just a game right? it's going to be ok. 

Edited by Babellon