Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe UI-only setup

LAWD

For those who don't understand title, what i imply is since we log-in to our operator/tenno walking around this orbiter, which has several options to access in form of rooms and segments. What if we had a menu only version of this, where everything we access doesn't need us to walk around an roll all over the environment to reach. I mean this is somewhat there with just pressing 'esc' however its limited. Such an idea would probably save some RAM, and probably make mission access much quicker. What are your thoughts, UI only ?

Just now, CeePee said:

What's the problem with the current system through ESC menu? I mean sure it could be faster with a clickable fast travel map of the Orbiter, instead of a clunky list

Well my sort of issue is somehow the rendering interferes with speed of accessing menu. Say if there wasn't much happening in the background, it woul dbe faster to access missions.

2 minutes ago, Sangoma said:

So basically what you are talking about right now, is the old old OLD menu we had back then in 2013.

2013_10_26_00007_by_gochna-dbcgrmw.jpg

Well an updated version of this, i'd approve

Ehhhh no. It's not a big enough difference to matter, and considering a lot of us, including myself, have spent hundreds/thousands of plat in decorating our Orbiters, you'd find a lot of resistance to the idea. Besides, I like having my cute Kavat walking around all the time and sleeping on the navigational console.

I understand the need for this for the low end spec machines that takes time to load or have 15fps walking around the ship. I used to live in that era(although right now I'm back to playing on my S#&$ty laptop coz my pc is broken). But i think it might be too much work for DE to implement this and would not really do much to the rest of the players(Think of how long it took them to implement a chat filter). This would just take a chunk of DE's time they could use on adding or improving other systems.