The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forgotten Weapon [LATRON PRIME]

AgroAxel

21 minutes ago, Szilvia said:

The reason why they not touch snipers is mostly because the snipers given bonus crit chance/damage when zoom and these weapons only need puncthrough to be viable. Secondly they created them as a situational weapon family because in this fast paced horde shooter there are hard to find a place where you can use them effectively and they should make the maps larger or remove all snipers from the game. They won't remove these because time spent on creating them and peoples wish to use them in situations but the maps currently bad for it and the stealh system need again a touch up to be usable for snipers. These two takes tremendous of time and they doesn't want to spend their time on these things currently. Minor qol changes would be nice but for snipers this takes more time and planning.

I've covered the matter here https://forums.warframe.com/topic/777952-why-there-are-so-many-weapons-better-at-crit-than-snipers/

The TLDR : It's obvious that Snipers will be situational, the problem is warframe's snipers are situational and on top of that not doing their specialized job very well because of their mediocre crit. You don't need to change the whole games for Sniper, just change 1 value from 25 to 35 or 50 and Snipers will be much better than its current condition.

7 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Nope, back then the standard for crit weapon is very low and status weapon is barely a thing because dual mods doesn't even exist yet. 15% to 25% is enough to be considered a crit weapon, then crit creeps happens Soma, Synapse, Bow buffs, and now we've got grenade launcher, handguns, revolver, gatling gun sniper hybrid, shotgun, javelin cannon with far better crit chance.

Yea I know that. I got the Latron Prime as it came out. 

I'm talking about present Latron Prime.

What happened to Latron, also happened to a lot of other weapons. They we´re top and then other weapons got released and it was left behind. 

There was once upon a time when the discussion was if the most powerful weapon in game was boltor or soma prime. Weapons like the latron, dread, paris prime were also mentioned.

Now weapons like Tigris Prime, Akstiletto, euphona etc... are so much more powerful that the older ones seem kind of outdated. Not that they are bad but...

Maybe a reload buff, but stat wise there's no real need. True enough, it doesn't make for a good status weapon with such a small clip, but it hits like a truck and a half, and it's crit is good enough to at least be passable. It's been powercreeped, and that's a bigger issue than one weapon. 

I wouldn't mind a slight buff seeing how it is meant to be a Prime and it'd add a little more punch behind it.

Used to be my favourite weapon when it was first released and I'd close to just started the game, still is, but I'm waiting on a Riven for it.

Edited by Naith