Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone got auto-filled when buying platinums?

Heterozygous

Question

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering whether anyone experience auto-filled form when buying platinums

in my first purchase, it auto-filled my name and address (left form)

It also happened during second purchase,

so i tried to clear everything from my browser (e.g. cache, history, etc. by ctrl+shift+del on firefox, and clear everything)

I tried going to the payment page again, and it auto-filled the left form again.

By any chance anyone understand how warframe website is doing this?

(I didn't check any kind of "save this data" button")

(Uh, and I'm sorry if this goes to wrong section of the forum)

7 answers to this question

The auto filling is usually from you being logged into your Warframe account. Its on the server so clearing local cache as no effect on it.

Other explanation would be that your browser actually saves your information on cloud. I know my chrome saves it. This is not linked to your cache as its saved on your account for the browser on the servers.

27 minutes ago, Heterozygous said:

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering whether anyone experience auto-filled form when buying platinums

in my first purchase, it auto-filled my name and address (left form)

It also happened during second purchase,

so i tried to clear everything from my browser (e.g. cache, history, etc. by ctrl+shift+del on firefox, and clear everything)

I tried going to the payment page again, and it auto-filled the left form again.

(I didn't check any kind of "save this data" button")

(Uh, and I'm sorry if this goes to wrong section of the forum)

It's either saved within the Warframe website -- unlikely I think. 

Or it is stored somewhere in Firefox, that you didn't yet realize/erase.

I use Chrome and not Firefox, but I've done all that cache clearing stuff and still had auto-filled forms on websites when using Chrome. 

Your browser will remember form information and use it for your convenience on other websites. You have probably filled in these fields before on a different website and it's not something specific to warframe.

This is seperate from clearing out your cookies and browsing history and It's not something to worry about unless you're on a shared computer. You can change preferences on form autofill if you're uncomfortable, here is a link to the Firefox FAQ page on the subject.

2 hours ago, Heterozygous said:

It is not warframe, it is your browser.  Once you enter information into any online form (does not matter where), firefox will, by default, save that information and autofill it the next time you go to a page with similar forms.

To remove this, try here https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable-autocomplete-in-firefox-153340

2 hours ago, Xekrin said:

It is not warframe, it is your browser.  Once you enter information into any online form (does not matter where), firefox will, by default, save that information and autofill it the next time you go to a page with similar forms.

To remove this, try here https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-disable-autocomplete-in-firefox-153340

Thanks Xekrin! (and Nekroarts) but after I cleared the whole stuff from firefox wasn't it supposed to be unable to auto fill? (coz where will it get the data from...)

Bumping up this thread if possible.

So I'm currently on a holiday in my cousin's place which is located in different state with (of course) different internet provider!

Purely out of my curiosity I tried going to the platinum purchase page, and to my surprise! All my data was auto filled! It gives me chills to my bone, I'm really shocked

I guess @Tesseract7777 and @Kusungphak right about them saving our data. But then how do they manage to auto-fill my data on first purchase hmmm

If anyone have any idea whether they have the rights to save our address etc. please tell me

I'm getting more concerned...

Thanks in advance!

n.b. I'm sorry for tagging... In case you guys also want to know how this ends up

@Xekrin @NekroArts @PeachyPurpleNova 

Edited by Heterozygous