Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe dealing less damage with almost same mods

Xeteos

Question

Me and my friend have been testing out our damages together, and although we use the same weapon with almost the exact same mods, I deal less damage. I was using the dread with my friend, and we had the almost the exact same mods. However, when I hit a red crit, I would only hit max 20k damage. My friend was able to reach 40k's on average and even managed to hit 100k red crit. 

Could this have been due to us being different mastery ranks, storyline progress, etc? I am a new player and he has played much longer than me. I honestly feel that I am dealing less damage than I should be. Maybe it's me, but I'm just wondering if there is anything that I'm doing wrong.

Eg. My boltor is dealing 40 damage on body shots against corpus. It has serration (120% damage), stormbringer (90% electricity) and speed trigger (60% fire rate)

9 answers to this question

Almost the same build or actually the same build? A single mod can make all the difference.

EIther way, no, mastery rank and quest progression don't directly affect your damage.

Also as said above, check for an extinguished dragon key :P

Edited by rapt0rman

Like people already answered it, test it with the same kind of enemy and with the same kind of damage. For example corrosive damage does 75% more damage to ferrite armor and magnetic does half damage to alloy armor, just to say a few examples.

1 mod can make a pretty give difference

the order of your element mods determine your damage type, which some enemies are weak or strong against

headshots also play a part in the damage

if split chamber gives you 2 arrows and you are missing with 1 and his hitting with both

If the G3 bolted you, you'd do less damage against grineer

There are a good few possible reasons.  As said above, best way to get a good answer is post your builds.  Your damage output isn't affected by MR or where you are to in the game.