Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows XP support ends

Sarge_Tarmus

Question

10 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

They said it actually won't be a problem somehow, not sure how to explain it.

Something about better tech that makes it look better and allows better performance optimizations.

Edited by MrJxt

This thread seems weird... they never say anything about winXP when they talk about the earth remastered. Why bring this up?

Is the purpose of this thread trying to give DE idea that they should end support for winXP?  or a genuine thread that hope DE don't consider to end support for winXP?

Microsoft ended support for Windows XP in April of 2014.  No support from Microsoft for an OS means no patching of features and more importantly no patching of security vulnerabilities.  I can understand and sympathize with the time/effort/money it takes to switch to a newer or different OS but your PC is at risk every time you use it with Windows XP on it.  Some of the push to upgrade to a new OS is just Microsoft trying to make more money...I get it.  3 years is 3 years though.

3 hours ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

Well... He did say "One of the best".

Ya know like....

Windows 7 > Windows 10 > Windows XP > Windows 98SE > Windows ME > Windows 98 > Windows 3.1 > Windows 95, ect.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Well... He did say "One of the best".

Ya know like....

Windows 7 > Windows 10 > Windows XP > Windows 98SE > Windows ME > Windows 98 > Windows 3.1 > Windows 95, ect.

I'm using Windows XP, because it is still a good system, which can still run some older games, from before year 2000.

17 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

I'm using Windows XP, because it is still a good system, which can still run some older games, from before year 2000.

But I didn't say anything about you using XP?  I was commenting on Shadow saying it was the one of the best OS.

New OS play old games fine though. I still have things like Doom, Unreal, Duke3D, Diablo1 and rarely come across a compatibility problem. If anything I came across more problems using XP than I do now.  I kept a dual boot of 98 just because XP wouldn't run things. I don't need to anymore.