Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Efficiency cap?

xcraft12

Question

I have always been a little confused about power efficiency and I haven't been able to find much online to really help me clear this up. So, Is there a cap on power efficiency? (I've heard it mentioned that there is). and if there is a cap, what is it?/what ranks do my fleeting expertise and streamline need to be in order to reach it?

5 answers to this question

75% efficiency is the cap

175% in any Warframe's Stats in the Arsenal. Since 200% efficiency would make abilities free, even with 0 energy on hand.
A Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and a max Rank Streamline will make you reach this cap. 180%, but it will cap at 175%.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

What AEP8FlyBoy said.

To add though, it gets a little more complicated in the case of "toggle" / "channeled" abilities, i.e. those that drain Energy over time.

The ultimate per-second cost reduction is still capped at 75%, however, as both Efficiency and Duration affect it,
you can actually balance out negative Duration with a surplus of Efficiency (e.g. 40% Duration and 190% Efficiency),
or on the flip side, reach minimum drain with just Streamline and enough (280%) Duration.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Duration#Energy_Drain_for_Toggled_Abilities

Edited by NinjaZeku

24 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

What AEP8FlyBoy said.

To add though, it gets a little more complicated in the case of "toggle" / "channeled" abilities, i.e. those that drain Energy over time.

The ultimate per-second cost reduction is still capped at 75%, however, as both Efficiency and Duration affect it,
you can actually balance out negative Duration with a surplus of Efficiency (e.g. 40% Duration and 190% Efficiency),
or on the flip side, reach minimum drain with just Streamline and enough (280%) Duration.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Duration#Energy_Drain_for_Toggled_Abilities

yeaaaaaa *high fives* it's nice to see someone that mentions 'channeled' abilities and knows what they're talking about

49 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

75% efficiency is the cap

175% in any Warframe's Stats in the Arsenal. Since 200% efficiency would make abilities free, even with 0 energy on hand.
A Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and a max Rank Streamline will make you reach this cap. 180%, but it will cap at 175%.

You can use a Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise and a Rank 4 Streamline to hit 175% exactly and save a point of mod capacity.