Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice for early game

ItsHulaLol

Question

So I'm Mastery Rank 4, and I have no idea where to go from here. I have a maxed Boltor, maxed Vasto, maxed Galatine, and maxed Frost. I'm not sure if I should replace the Galatine with the Atterax. I'm also even building a Tipedo right now. There's also the fact that my sidearm sucks, and I'm not sure if I should get the Sonicor or something else. I'm not far enough into the game to be able to be grinding for platinum, and I also have an Orokin Reactor and two Orokin Catalyst's as well as one Forma. I'm not sure if I should use those? Should I save them for weapons that I'll actually maybe keep for endgame? I was thinking maybe I should use them so that I can progress further on, but I'm not sure, like I said, if I should save them or use them on the weapons I have now. Oh, there's also the fact that I'm lonely. I'm just soloing missions, and it's a pain if it's an Interception mission, and a lot of my friends are offline when I'm on. Add me, my IGN is ItsHulaLol. Please help! I don't know where to go from here.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Fiftycentis said:

don't forget the ignis

Oh of course not, Ignis is love Ignis is life,
it's just that Ignis Wraith (MR6) is not immediately available for the TC yet is all.

1 hour ago, ItsHulaLol said:

Which one of those weapons, would you say, would last me the longest? I know the Amprex is pretty much a definite keeper. Other than that, I don't know much of the primary weapons you listed. but for the Atomos, I haven't heard much about it, the Sonicor is very controversial, as some people say it's useless late game.  Never tried the Furis, Kulstar, or Akmagnus. The Twin Grakata's are very ammo inefficient, or is that just a small annoyance? As well as for the Staticor, doesn't the projectile move slow as a snail?

FWIW, I've kept all of those weapons (minus Tiberon because lol free Dex Sybaris, don't mind if I do)
and try to mix things up now and then rather than just go with my most comfortable setup all the time.
For most missions you'll do, they're all able to be modded into a state of being overkill, no worries :P

Atomos is basically a non-crit, more ammo-efficient Secondary Amprex,
plenty of damage, less but still respectable / devastating enough range with Ruinous Extension.

Sonicor (also Staticor) might not one-shot everything past a certain point
but the innately high status capabilities only get more appealing the higher the enemy level goes.

Furis is less for damage and more for immortality. You know, if you're into that sorta thing.

Kulstar is just a blast (get it?) not least used as a stealth weapon (via Suppress / Hushed Invisibility),
Defy Wukong or Assimilate Nyx lets you use this at close range, even.

Akmagnus is just some nicely-handlin' gunslingin' fun that offers both crit and status.

TWO GRAKATA is an ammo hose, definitely, though used in short bursts and / or
as a supplement for your medium-ranged / slower one-shot Primary, it works great.
[Akstiletto Prime is in many ways superior but I do enjoy the low recoil for long-range accuracy. Also Clem.]

Staticor's travel speed can be annoying, I guess, though that's mostly for the fully charged shot
(which BTW can easily hit through walls, Enemy Sense FTW), quick barrages are ~fine.
Still, there's always the option to combine Staticor use with some quick / mass CC that slows / stops enemies.
Or, charge it up and then fire it up close, after all, it's a powerful AoE weapon without self-damage, woohoo.

for intercept you can always try to find going with public matchmaking
at mr4 i think that the only thing you have to do is to go on with the starchart while trying weapons ad warframes to mr5, at that point you can do the war within quest (after sedna junction) and well... after that it's just doing daily things and lvl weapons
for the plat, just join some void fissure (endless are better imo) to get some prime part and try to sell them, maybe you'll not reach houndreds of plat, but enough to get some weapon/warframe slot
about reactors and catalysts i'll suggest you to wait for something that you are gonna bring to endgame like you said, imo if you want you can put the reactor on frost because i don't think you are going to get the prime version soon and it's a good warframe to keep, while for the weapons nothing it's better than trying them to see which you like and which you don't
don't worry too much for the formas, they are not so cheap for a newbie but are really easy to get if you want them with void fissures than it was before so you are probably get more than you are going to put in quite easily

Using a Potato Reactor on Frost is certainly not the worst idea, he's easily one of the best Frames (and not just for Defense).

As far as MR4-or-below weapons that you won't replace with straight upgrades later go, some suggestions:

Primary - Kohm, Sobek, Dread, Torid, Braton Prime, Paracyst, Tiberon,  (also Amprex at MR5)

Secondary - Atomos, Sonicor, Furis with Augment, Kulstar, Akmagnus, Twin Grakatas (also Staticor at MR5)

Melee - eh, TBH, nothing really works as well for me as Orthos Prime, dat Range :D
[Well, some Heavy Blade action - yay Zenistar / Galatine Prime - is fun once in a while, heh.]
Atterax is definitely a beast though so stick with that if you find it appealing.
Oh yeah, Redeemer is also always worth a look.

That all said, the real power comes from Mods so maybe indeed invest some resources
into one specific weapon to allow it, decently-if-not-fully-modded, to carry you for a while.

You'll want to join (or start) a Clan eventually anyway for the Clan Research goodies if nothing else,
so might as well do so right now and get to have a bunch of doods around willing to help a newbie out, yay.

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

Primary - Kohm, Sobek, Dread, Torid, Braton Prime, Paracyst, Tiberon,  (also Amprex at MR5)

don't forget the ignis at mr5 (or the wraith one, which i think it's easier because it's easy ot find someone that gift it and don't require detonite if my memory is correct), i mean, it's the king for mid-low lvl mission rush

As a veteran player, what I think you should start doing is grinding platinum. You're at the point where it sometimes doesn't worth it to replace a warframe or a weapon because you want a new one. You won't regret it. Do as many void fissure missions as you can and sell the prime parts you get (try getting Trinity Prime, the relics are getting vaulted next and it will worth a lot in the future). Your primery use of platinum should be warframe slots and weapon slots.

About the potatos (reactors and catalysts), I think Frost worth it. He's a good warframe for my taste. Another option and I think your best option is to use it one the warframe you use/like most (I don't know which you have now). If you don't like Frost, don't bother putting a potato on it. The same goes for the weapons, but considering your arsenal now I think it's best to save it, maybe the Galatine as the prime version is only available at MR 13 or something. Once again, you if don't like it, don't bother with it, get the xp and get rid of it.

As far as progressing, try "exploring" the star chart. If you see a node you havn't played yet, give it a try. After 3 years of playing this game, my greatest suggestion I have for you is to take your time and try not to get things "because you need" or "because it's meta". Play this game for the exploration, not for the items. I play this game for 3 years and just last week I got the Hate for the first time.

Just one last thing, try public matchmaking. Some of them "meh", some "sucks" but most of them are just random fun. You have no idea what people are talking about in game these days...

Edited by CommanderSpawn

1 minute ago, CommanderSpawn said:

I play this game for 3 years and just last week I got the Hate for the first time.

more than 4 years (i'm sure because i've got all the anniversary gifts since the first time), still missing hate and despair....

2 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

You have no idea what people are talking about in game these days

i joined a lotus gift defense with a random setup (octavia+ some random weapons i don't rember) hoping to have some fun with low mr players, got some mr 15+ with mirage and banshee prime
that's for saying that you can find everything in mission, from other newbies who are non that good, to random people that's here for no reason (i did it some times with random loadouts), or someone who is playing with a low mr friend (happened to me too)

1 hour ago, ItsHulaLol said:

my IGN is ItsHulaLol

i'm probably going to add you tomorrow when i log in, at least i have something better to do than just log in

56 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

for intercept you can always try to find going with public matchmaking

Well, I always go Public with match making. The problem is, most the time, people don't do it or already did it. So I end up going in solo anyways.

30 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You'll want to join (or start) a Clan eventually anyway for the Clan Research goodies if nothing else,

so might as well do so right now and get to have a bunch of doods around willing to help a newbie out, yay.

I did join a clan, but everyone in it is pretty high level and don't really want to stoop down to help me at my level. They give great advice, don't get me wrong, but as I said before, I kind of want a friend to enjoy my Warframe Warfarm experience with.

35 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

As far as MR4-or-below weapons that you won't replace with straight upgrades later go, some suggestions:

Secondary - Atomos, Sonicor, Furis with Augment, Kulstar, Akmagnus, Twin Grakatas (also Staticor at MR5)

Which one of those weapons, would you say, would last me the longest? I know the Amprex is pretty much a definite keeper. Other than that, I don't know much of the primary weapons you listed. but for the Atomos, I haven't heard much about it, the Sonicor is very controversial, as some people say it's useless late game.  Never tried the Furis, Kulstar, or Akmagnus. The Twin Grakata's are very ammo inefficient, or is that just a small annoyance? As well as for the Staticor, doesn't the projectile move slow as a snail?