Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Guides - Choosing a starter frame

DonHoliday

Hello everyone,

Firstly I'm going to be upfront from the start, I'm about to post a link to my YouTube video that I just spent a few days on. I checked the rules just to make sure I'm not breaking any, and I'm hoping I'm posting to the right section. If not, I do apologise and please do not hesitate to move it!

A long time a go I made a Warframe Guides video on a more comfortable setup for the controls and I was amazed at all the positive feedback it received, so a few years later when I tried the game again I noticed that the starter warframes had been swapped around a few times and with the help of my girlfriend we had a really gorgeous edit in our minds and it was to be the most complicated edit, I have ever tried. In the end, it's not flawless which I'm very disappointed by, but it's quite close to what we had in mind. Hopefully it looks as good as the hours I put into it (literal days) and I hope that it helps someone. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you :)

Matt/DonHoliday

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

so excalibur then c: ? 

if i have to choose now yes, excalibur all the times imo

17 hours ago, DonHoliday said:

Yeah, what happened with loki anyway? I thought it was a good option for a starter :o

idk, maybe he was too much overchoosen? if i remember correctly they changed with second dream or specter of the rails updates but i don't remember why

Volt -- buy from a dojo

Mag -- farm on a mid level planet by killing the easiest boss in the game

Excalibur -- grind through an absolute horrible farm on the highest corpus planet needing a resource just to fight the boss

If you don't take Excal as your starter you are a fool.  Let's be honest and say that all three starting warframes *should* be in the dojo and swap Mag and Excal on the star chart with any of the oddballs in there now like Zyphr or Wukong or Banshee.  But doing the sensible thing isn't always the DE method.

Loki was removed as a starter because the Vor's Prize quest (starting tutorial) requires a frame with a #1 power that does damage.  He's also not a good frame for a new player because he relies heavily on having good mods.

18 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Volt -- buy from a dojo

Mag -- farm on a mid level planet by killing the easiest boss in the game

Excalibur -- grind through an absolute horrible farm on the highest corpus planet needing a resource just to fight the boss

If you don't take Excal as your starter you are a fool.  Let's be honest and say that all three starting warframes *should* be in the dojo and swap Mag and Excal on the star chart with any of the oddballs in there now like Zyphr or Wukong or Banshee.  But doing the sensible thing isn't always the DE method.

Loki was removed as a starter because the Vor's Prize quest (starting tutorial) requires a frame with a #1 power that does damage.  He's also not a good frame for a new player because he relies heavily on having good mods.

I can't believe I completely forgot to add in how to obtain them later on, to be honest, I didn't even look up how to get them, I've owned Excalibur and Volt for so long it didn't even cross my mind that they might not be that easy to obtain ... atleast not that easy for Excalibur. 

Again, i don't actually remember not having decent mods, or the last time I played Loki ... I think in short, if I'm going to be carrying on with the guides I had in mind, perhaps I should start a new account to really get a feel for what the game is like for new players!

Thanks for the info, so much about this game I just completely overlooked! Really appreciate it :)

Matt/DonHoliday

Why choose Excal:  He's farmable only if u r ready to feel pain from farming Ambulas on Pluto, where not everybody can go yet.

Also, Volt and Mag have Prime versions which are farmable/buyable, when Excal Prime is... Y'know.