Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruptor Needs A Serious Nerf

Nestalim

They are insane. 

DE is totally crazy to let this S#&$ like this. The energy burn is just TOO DAMN HIGH ! You should put a flat drain depending on the level of the Ancient. Also, being drain when you're knockdown is insane and stupid, an easy way to lose a defense.

This S#&$ alone ruins 30+ defense wave, forcing you to spam all your aoe to kill multiple disruptor before they hit someone and kill the game.

ya.. the energy drain is kind of ridiculous. But thats why vauban or nyx are 100% needed in defense. Honestly disrupters should just drain your shield and make it so that you can't use any abilities for 5 sec. After the effect ends you still have all your energy.  

You do know you can climb on a box and completely avoid the drain and deal with them fairly quickly?

You do know you can stun them fairly easily with most melee weapons and stun modded guns?

You do know that they have a wind-up animation and their charge can be dodged if you're paying attention?

You do know that you can just equip ice mods on all of your weapons and deal with them well before they get to you?

Currently disrupters are the ONLY challenge that the infested have, and they need to keep it.

How to avoid Disruptors:

1. Spot Disruptor

2. Sprint away from Disruptor while shooting it

3: If going melee, spin around the Disruptor. Their shots aren't leading, so they won't hit you. May not work if you have a long-reach weapon like Orthos.

4. Ice mods go on all your weapons rendering them nearly immobile.

Edited by AlchemistMute

stop whining and buckle up, think of something if you can't read what people are suggesting here. Adjust your mods, auras, frames and weapons to better counter the distributors and again... STOP @(*()$ WHINING.

@Kyria

Odd, unless they broke it in one of the hotfixes after 9 dropped I haven't seen a change in it but I can do more testing when I have some time.

And have you been facing towards the attack fully? The blocking in this game is somewhat directional, but that is another thing I can test.

I smell there's a lot of people who clearly just stop to 10 waves infested.

Ok... Stop giving such idiot advice like "climb a box lol". When you're facing lvl 150+ Ancients which are coming per 10 you're not gonna to say "it's easy stag them lol".

So don't be dumb just 30 seconds for today, and stop asking me to not whine, every people who just went far on Endless defense will agree with it, Disruptor are a problem, and you have many challenge still without them.

Thanks.

@Kyria

Odd, unless they broke it in one of the hotfixes after 9 dropped I haven't seen a change in it but I can do more testing when I have some time.

And have you been facing towards the attack fully? The blocking in this game is somewhat directional, but that is another thing I can test.

I believe so. I decided to test it out a little while back to get it right for when I am in the heat of battle and would need it. I was getting tired of the constant drainage and never seemed to be able to reliably block the attacks. I did some one-on-ones with a Disruptor and he drained me and kept proceeding to take off health even with my block continuously up. I was facing the Disruptor directly, but I was often stood perfectly still on top of a half-wall or a crate. I seemed to be able to block one or two incoming (or he just missed), but overall he was draining me quite consistently. Maybe I need to look into my FOV-settings or hone my blocking-skills. I suppose I just assumed if I could aim and hit something that same motion would effectively block. I'll go try it some more. :)

Ok... Stop giving such idiot advice like "climb a box lol". When you're facing lvl 150+ Ancients which are coming per 10 you're not gonna to say "it's easy stag them lol".

Even if they were to put a cap on the amount a disruptor can drain, for example 4x Disruptor Level, by the time they are lvl 150+ they would still drain all your energy. Your problem does not seem to be that Disruptors are too strong, but that you are trying to go too high in Defense Missions. If they are stopping you from getting to wave 35 then they are doing their job. If they are stopping everyone from getting to wave 5 then they are OP.

So don't be dumb just 30 seconds for today, and stop asking me to not whine, every people who just went far on Endless defense will agree with it, Disruptor are a problem, and you have many challenge still without them.

Thanks.

I just stopped using any warfame that relied on powers at all and use tank frames with guns. What the point in play something like mage class when if you get touched you end up with zero energy and no shields without the armor to survive the ordeal?  They are just in the annoying class of NPC for me and I try to avoid them like they have the plague when using most frames.

I use Vauban to neuter them and teach them how it feels to be unable to fight back because there are very few other ways to deal with waves of 10+ 150 ancients.I guess they on a scale of 1-10 for how much they bother me would be a 2 since I really do not play with power often and I am more of a gun nut. If they were nerfed I wouldn't care because it would just make it less annoying.

Thanks.

so you will ask to nerf everything until you can stay in the defense forever and then you'll quite because the game is too easy, right?

Pretty much what liavalenth said:

Even if they were to put a cap on the amount a disruptor can drain, for example 4x Disruptor Level, by the time they are lvl 150+ they would still drain all your energy. Your problem does not seem to be that Disruptors are too strong, but that you are trying to go too high in Defense Missions. If they are stopping you from getting to wave 35 then they are doing their job. If they are stopping everyone from getting to wave 5 then they are OP. 

Edited by Aure7

They just need to make Disruptors huge and red again, and prevent them (and other Ancients) from moving while playing the fire panic animation. Problem solved.

Good ideas,

I would like it if they were the slowest moving of all ancient types by default(20%+ slower at least) because they are so dangerous in close range they should be balanced a bit so you have more time to make adjusted for them. That would make them like the Galla or other super dangerous heavy units in ninja gaiden where if you were dumb enough to let them get close to you deserve the game over screen.

Edited by LazyKnight

Going 30 waves in Pluto defense missions...then complaining about the difficulty of Ancient Disruptors?

No, I don't think they need a nerf.

Your problem does not seem to be that Disruptors are too strong, but that you are trying to go too high in Defense Missions.

This is what I got from the OP as well.