Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trollers

Hans.Yulian

I notice we have too many trollers... whether it is in mission or in trade.

This is very annoying since some can waste the time a lot while we also can't kick in mission, nor like we can confirm if someone is asking us for trade and then make us wait like 30 mins telling that they are in mission.

I think we have to find a way to report these kind of guys, while also providing a daily message tips saying that "Trolling other people can make you get punished".

Define, "trolling."

For all you know that person really was in a mission for 30 minutes. It might have been rude to ask for a trade and then spend a long time running a mission but it certainly wasn't necessarily a troll.

For all we know you ran into a player who didn't play in a way that you liked but was still playing legitimately and you're now coming here complaining about trolling.

Just now, Chipputer said:

Define, "trolling."

For all you know that person really was in a mission for 30 minutes. It might have been rude to ask for a trade and then spend a long time running a mission but it certainly wasn't necessarily a troll.

For all we know you ran into a player who didn't play in a way that you liked but was still playing legitimately and you're now coming here complaining about trolling.

^+1

Just now, Chipputer said:

Define, "trolling."

someone whisp you, and then you reply 5 seconds later, and then inviting him right away, then he said "oh wait", then there we go, "Sorry im in defense".... while he whispered refering to item i put on trade chat... how does it make sense?

and then he said "wait 5 min", after 5 min he go offline, never come back, come back, ignoring me... enough proof

Edited by Hans.Yulian
adding detail

1 minute ago, Hans.Yulian said:

someone whisp you, and then you reply 5 seconds later, and then inviting him right away, then he said "oh wait", then there we go, "Sorry im in defense".... while he whispered refering to item i put on trade chat... how does it make sense?

Maybe he does not want to trade but is sacred to say so maybe thats why he is giving an excuse not worthy of reporting what do you think?

Just now, ShadowStalker said:

Maybe he does not want to trade but is sacred to say so maybe thats why he is giving an excuse not worthy of reporting what do you think?

Whatever is the reason, he better just say "sorry, i cancel the trade", then i wont waste more time..... you know what is even worse? when i tell him "should i report you?" and then he just say "should i be scared?"

"SHOULD I BE SCARED?"

i hereby highlight this statement i can send you the screenshot if you want to

Why not just chalk it up on your 'life experiences' chalkboard as a simple encounter with a foolish nobody?  Why bother making forum thread about it?

I mean, if you seriously have the attitude of "punishing" people that don't do things the way you expect or the way you would have done, you are going to have a tremendously rough and lonely life.

How many times have you tried to date a girl that chickened out and never bothered to tell you?  Then a couple days later you see her dating someone else.  Did you go punish her?  Sometimes you just got to take the antics of human behavior with a grain of salt and move forward.

In-game trading is no different.  Stop wasting your time on this and go have fun.

You don't know what trolling is when it comes to trade.

What you experienced is nothing. I had a case where I was buying something and each party both agreed to the price and he comes to dojo and setup everything and at the end before confirming trade, asks to increase price by X plat. Also, whenever I'm selling/buying and I'm online on WF market and in a mission, I ask buyer/seller to give me some time to finish up mission with rough estimate. If you are selling and is good price, then just leave mission asap and if you are buyer and found a good price, leave mission asap. Otherwise, if you happen to miss out on average opportunity to sell/buy, just move on. Honestly, what I've been doing if I don't like to deal with certain someone in this game, I just set ignore and never bother with them again.

1 hour ago, Hans.Yulian said:

and then he said "wait 5 min", after 5 min he go offline, never come back, come back, ignoring me... enough proof

Honestly, if people do that to me, I tell them I won't wait and keep putting out offers in trade.

First come, first serve. No reservations.

Ignore people who think they're entitled to your time, or think they can get away with wasting your time. Simple as that.

8 hours ago, Hans.Yulian said:

Just add them to your ignore list and move on if it bothers you. Plus, things happen in game. There's no reason you should feel entitled to a trade. Stuff like this can happen quite a bit. To police it is ridiculous. Honestly you sound like the annoying one in this interaction provoking an overeager trade and trying to "push"  the deal with invites over and over. Threatening to report him and then doing it is pretty lame. Recognize a cold deal sooner and stop pursuing them (or in this case what I'd call no deal). Don't chase buyer's too much unless you possibly suspect a huge return on investment.

I've personally trolled people who try to rip me off at over 500% value on stuff by telling them "I'm almost done", "I didn't get your invite, send it again", "Maybe there's something wrong with your game. Have you tried restarting? " then set them on ignore when so when they log back in they get an even bigger surprise. Is it nice? Not really. Should I get banned for it? No way.

You are responsible for how you react to someone else. Nobody else. Asking for enforcement to a reaction you don't like is authoritarian in nature and pretty petty. I'd have put you on ignore too.

Edited by komoriblues