Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

prisma grakata

KHVeeavrr

17 answers to this question

i'd get rid of Malignant Force for the base 90% increase, Dual stats are good but if you have the extra forma to maximise the damage it's worth it to do so. (Any really, Fire or Cold is preferable so you have Corrosive + Fire or Corrosive + Cold, of which the latter can be decent against most factions)

Alternatively if you have ammo problems (I know it CAN have some) you could dump a rifle ammo mutation and knock off Malignant force alltogether for it, (Most people are fine with Carrier but if you don't want to use it then by all means)

Edited by Latiac

Kinda depends on your Riven stats.

Normally 90% + 60/60x2 If you're looking for maximum Corrosive triggers per second.

90%x2 + 60/60 will perform fine under lvl 80ish since P. Grakata has a decent amount of status on it's own.

Prisma Grakata is great crit/status hybrid. My build is generally something like Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 2x dual stats, (primed) Ammo Mutation (though you can probably drop it if you use Carrier- I don't, I'm Helios fan) and potentially controversial mod, namely Vile Precision. Now, before you crucify me, hear me out.

Grakata has very strong recoil which results in lot of misses and difficulty in landing headshots- and headshots vastly increase dmg, especially with crit weapon. Its high fire rate means every time you miss you waste multiple bullets. Both lower effective range of weapon. Vile Precision solves these problems. Thanks to lower recoil and slower fire rate effective range increases and more headshots and less wasted bullets compensate lowered DPS. I found my Grakata to be much more effective, killing a bit slower but with better ammo efficiency. As nice bonus lowered fire rate produces badass firing sound.

For riven I'd go for status chance, crit chance, crit dmg, multi shot. I myself own riven with +toxin +crit chance +status chance. I'm still trying to figure out which mod I should drop for it. For now I dropped Point Strike.

Vile Precision kills your DPS. REALLY kills it. So much so that you'll see significant increases in kill time on high level enemies.

RoF is absolutely critical to kill speeds on weapons with low base damage, high crit, high status chance, and/or high base rates of fire. If this is impacted, it means things at 100+ levels die a lot more slowly. A LOT more slowly. The P-Grak is all of these. With a bullet.

The P-Grak has a lot of recoil. It's not a long range weapon. It's for getting close, sticking it in someone's face and standing on the trigger. That's its bailiwick. It can be used at range, if you burst fire and walk fire up enemies (for the headshot), but it's never going to be ammo efficient. If that bothers you, it's best to just use something else, rather than cripple what is one of the best primaries in the game.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:26 PM, Slaviar said:

Grakata has very strong recoil which results in lot of misses and difficulty in landing headshots- and headshots vastly increase dmg, especially with crit weapon.

You shouldn't run Vile Precision, tbh.  Burst fire, effectively, provides you with the benefits of the mod.  The only time recoil should be an issue is when you are unloading the whole clip at a single enemy in a long burst and, realistically, if you are doing this with the Grakata you should find a different gun or mod it correctly.

Vile Precision feels good to me and I really don't think I'm losing that much damage.

In term of DPS, sure, 13 vs 21 bullets/second is quite a difference. But again, more bullets hit target and if I'm firing weapon in bursts I'm already not utilizing its full fire rate. With Vile Precision I'm able to land consistent headshots with full auto fire from several meters, something which is not achievable without it. 

Making it more accurate is not about making it efficient, it's about making it less inefficient. Grakata eats through ammo like crazy and, obviously, every missed bullet does zero damage. 

Again, it's about my personal feeling. I feel like Grakata is more effective that way. It doesn't bother me that I'm killing mobs a bit longer. 

Edited by Slaviar

18 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Again, it's about my personal feeling. I feel like Grakata is more effective that way. It doesn't bother me that I'm killing mobs a bit longer. 

Feels doesn't kill stuff when it's lvl150. They'll be trying to kill you as well, so any more time spent putting them down than is strictly necessary is A Bad Thing.

If the recoil bothers you that much, then your time would be better invested in finding a riven that can replace a damage mod and also has -recoil. That makes the gun much easier to handle without losing a metric ton of DPS in the process.

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Feels doesn't kill stuff when it's lvl150. They'll be trying to kill you as well, so any more time spent putting them down than is strictly necessary is A Bad Thing.

If the recoil bothers you that much, then your time would be better invested in finding a riven that can replace a damage mod and also has -recoil. That makes the gun much easier to handle without losing a metric ton of DPS in the process.

Who the hell fights lvl 150 mobs? Sorties and raids are lvl 100 top and there's exactly zero reason to stay that long in endless.

3 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Who the hell fights lvl 150 mobs?

Quite a few people, actually.

On 6/26/2017 at 4:22 PM, Slaviar said:

But your personal feelings on the weapon aren't indicative of the way it should be used.  Using Vile lowers your DPS.  Period.  There is no point in running it other than to lower recoil, which can already be lowered by simply burst firing, as I initially told you.  You are recommending a mod that makes the gun objectively worse because it nets you a benefit you can gain without the mod by simply using the gun properly and not burst firing your entire clip all at once.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Quite a few people, actually.

Why do they though? At this point game is cheese or get one shot. Oh well, each to their own.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

But your personal feelings on the weapon aren't indicative of the way it should be used.  Using Vile lowers your DPS.  Period.  There is no point in running it other than to lower recoil, which can already be lowered by simply burst firing, as I initially told you.  You are recommending a mod that makes the gun objectively worse because it nets you a benefit you can gain without the mod by simply using the gun properly and not burst firing your entire clip all at once.  

I already said it lowers raw dps.

I don't consider firing Grakata in bursts good. Many bullets miss anyway if you are not in mob's face and even then high recoil makes headshots unreliable.

Headshots multiply critical damage by two on top of headshots' innate 2x dmg increase. Reliable headshots and less ammo waste balance large part of dps loss in terms of damage and QOL balances out the rest. I don't like my weapon dart as if it was alive.

I used it at Simulacrum and sorties which showed pretty similar results in terms of bullets spend and slight increase in kill time doesn't bother me.

I'm not forcing you to adhere to my way of playing. I tried Grakata in full auto, bursts and with Vile Precision and liked third way of handling it most. You prefer bursts, cool, but I don't. So be so kind and drop your passive aggressive 'I know best' attitude.

2 hours ago, Slaviar said:

So be so kind and drop your passive aggressive 'I know best' attitude.

1.  This is the internet.  Any tone you infer from my posts stems solely from your personal views not from anything I implied.

2.  That said, objectively Vile lowers the DPS on the weapon and provides little to no benefit that cannot be garnered another way.  I pointed that out and you have, since, spent this entire conversation defending your usage of Vile.  Use Vile, I really don't care as mods are a personal thing, that said you need to admit that there are objectively better ways to mod the gun and stop with your whole "No one goes past 100; sorties are all that matter" nonsense.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

7 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

That said, objectively Vile lowers the DPS on the weapon and provides little to no benefit that cannot be garnered another way.  I pointed that out and you have, since, spent this entire conversation defending your usage of Vile.  Use Vile, I really don't care as mods are a personal thing, that said you need to admit that there are objectively better ways to mod the gun and stop with your whole "No one goes past 100; sorties are all that matter" nonsense.

I'm pretty sure I already said it lowers dps.

And you need to admit Grakata misses lot of bullets regardless how you fire it.

To put it simply - full auto - huge waste of ammo, little headshots, burst fire - less waste of ammo, a bit more headshots, lower fire rate (you are obviously not firing all 20 bullets per second), Vile Precision - little ammo waste, lot of headshots, low fire rate.

For comparison - with burst fire I would say you fire around 15 bullets per second. Vile precision has similar fire rate (13/sec) but allows for more headshots and is easier to use. Sorry, with how Grakata darts in all directions you will not headshot often. You can't compensate for that in any way.

And if you are going for higher than sortie level Grakata is not a weapon to take anyway.

We should probably stop derailing. We won't convince each other.

22 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Exactly. I consider -recoil essential for this weapon as well. If you are getting so close to the enemy, you might as well use a shotgun. 

the disposition for grakata allows the riven to have -recoil and still be a good dmg mod.

18 hours ago, Slaviar said:

Who the hell fights lvl 150 mobs? Sorties and raids are lvl 100 top and there's exactly zero reason to stay that long in endless.

Eximus in these missions can hit lvl150.

I use the P-Grak extensively in sorties, mostly because it can strip armor reliably and it kills very high level enemies quite quickly. Reducing RoF negatively affects both status chance and DPS, thereby lengthening time to kill.

If you never fight stuff above lvl50ish, I suppose it doesn't matter. Nevertheless, using VP makes for a poor build and one should know why. A better choice would be just to run the BratonP, since it shares many of the same virtues and has no recoil to speak of. You give up crit rate, but the very high base damage makes up for it at less elevated levels.

3 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Eximus in these missions can hit lvl150.

I use the P-Grak extensively in sorties, mostly because it can strip armor reliably and it kills very high level enemies quite quickly. Reducing RoF negatively affects both status chance and DPS, thereby lengthening time to kill.

If you never fight stuff above lvl50ish, I suppose it doesn't matter. Nevertheless, using VP makes for a poor build and one should know why. A better choice would be just to run the BratonP, since it shares many of the same virtues and has no recoil to speak of. You give up crit rate, but the very high base damage makes up for it at less elevated levels.

Yeah, Braton Prime is sweet weapon.

I can't stand Grakata's terrible recoil even with Stabilizer so VP was only way for me to enjoy weapon and both Simulacrum and 'field' tests were satisfactory. I've noticed that if I aim at head crosshair flashes red almost constantly. It's not happening without it. For me loss of DPS is worth more headshots and a bit better ammo efficiency.

Still, let us settle on agreeing to disagree. Neither of us will convince another.

And I don't fight mobs higher than sortie level for three reasons - it takes too much time to get there, there's no reason to and, most importantly, scaling is absolutely broken at that point. From my experience 100 is highest when it's not completely broken.

Edited by Slaviar