Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Rivens and Unobtainable weapons

Ramrr

So now that we have got melee rivens in game I'd like to put some spotlight on some weapons that are in game and for all intents and purposes are unobtainable or one time obtainable. There is bunch of weapons that you can get 1 time (so far) in game and if you sell them due to not knowing you are litteraly boned if you get a riven for them.

Those weapons from top of my head:

-Ether Daggers

-Orvius

-Zenistar

-Broken Scepter

Don't remember if there are any more.

From that short list I have sold my Ether Daggers ~2 years ago and now due to buying Harrow Collection and then completing the quest, I am "lucky" owner of Ether Daggers riven mod. Sadly zendesk can't do anything about it so I have decided to post that on forum to highlight the issue of one time obtainable weapons.

P.S. If anyone wants it I can trade it for something.

Spoiler

unknown.png

I can sell it, that is correct, but from what I understand purpose of rivens is too breath new life into obscure weapons.

That is a problem when you add to that some 1 time accessible weapons like those 4 mentioned above and some other from other categories (namely Zenith and Azima).

Now that I own a riven for Ether Daggers it would be nice to have ability to test them again but there is no way to currently do that in Warframe.

5 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

This is going to sound super rude, but why on earth would you sell a weapon if you fully know that you'll never be able to get it again?

Newbies do this all the time when they dont have the plat for new eq slots.

Just now, Skaleek said:

Newbies do this all the time when they dont have the plat for new eq slots.

Oh, fair point.

I think it'd be cool if you could reobtain the blueprints by redoing the quest you got it from.

28 minutes ago, Ramrr said:

So now that we have got melee rivens in game I'd like to put some spotlight on some weapons that are in game and for all intents and purposes are unobtainable or one time obtainable. There is bunch of weapons that you can get 1 time (so far) in game and if you sell them due to not knowing you are litteraly boned if you get a riven for them.

Those weapons from top of my head:

-Ether Daggers

-Orvius

-Zenistar

-Broken Scepter

Don't remember if there are any more.

From that short list I have sold my Ether Daggers ~2 years ago and now due to buying Harrow Collection and then completing the quest, I am "lucky" owner of Ether Daggers riven mod. Sadly zendesk can't do anything about it so I have decided to post that on forum to highlight the issue of one time obtainable weapons.

P.S. If anyone wants it I can trade it for something.

Hide contents

unknown.png

you sold zenistar???

1 minute ago, Samuel_sfx said:

you sold zenistar???

There's people that at some point just don't know any better. I'm not sure if in this case he sold the Zenistar, but as with every other stuff rewarded by quests and the like, DE could implement a system for a Market Blueprint unlocker once criterias are met. You'll still get your weapon or rewards, just you can rebuy the stuff later.

That should take some time off support too.

I will rather jump out of window than sell my belowed Zenistar @Samuel_sfx

From that list of 4 weapons I have sold only Ether Daggers 2 years ago due to:

-lack of knowledge that it's one time obtainable.

-lack of weapon slots due to being free user.

-mediocrity of the stats of Ether Daggers.

I sold my Ether Dagger Bp too

But DE return it back after 1 years since I have not build it and I say there is no way to obtain it back.

I still have it in my inventory.

I do sold Chroma back then when I was noob and had to buy it with plat from market.

I am expecting similar things to all weapons too.