Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Warframe for Me

cloud1320

Question

After long years of playing todays the point i cant play it. All i can get when login are yellow textures all over or +freeze, i have a pretty bad potato but as minimum req say i should be able to play the game.

Potato:

- intel core 2600(2x 2.4GHz)

-2GB ddr2 Ram

-GTX 550ti

too bad its a fin for me, at least CHANGE req when theres more power needed.

19 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, cloud1320 said:

i should be able to play the game

Vista 32bit I am guessing? 

Can you check to see if your vsync is on?  If so turn it off and set frame rate limit to 30 and try to play that way, I crashed all night after the update, today I did this and have been able to play more or less fine.

They hopefully will be able to adjust something to make it a bit easier on us but you're right, its almost over for 32bit people, we really need to upgrade lol.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Vista 32bit I am guessing? 

Can you check to see if your vsync is on?  If so turn it off and set frame rate limit to 30 and try to play that way, I crashed all night after the update, today I did this and have been able to play more or less fine.

They hopefully will be able to adjust something to make it a bit easier on us but you're right, its almost over for 32bit people, we really need to upgrade lol.

Worse mate, i still have Win XP 32

ima gonna cry that i cant play

If you going to purchase an 1,000 buck laptop or computer, make sure the tech can last 5 years, and not be faulty within a year. Lastly, wait for sales or discount. I honestly had to lay on 4 GB of RAM, but I bye 2020, I think a 2015 Tech would be cheaper. 

6 minutes ago, cloud1320 said:

i still have Win XP 32

Yep, that's definitely worse, but try those steps anyway and see if it helps, its all you can do for now.

You could upgrade. Hell I know of 300 dollar dell laptops that can run this game on mid settings out the box.

This really really should go without saying but not everyone has a job or can lay hands on 300 bucks.  I would love to upgrade but my irl situation prevents such things.  

I am quite certain the OP would upgrade if he could.  

Edited by Xekrin

2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

If you going to purchase an 1,000 buck laptop or computer, make sure the tech can last 5 years, and not be faulty within a year. Lastly, wait for sales or discount. I honestly had to lay on 4 GB of RAM, but I bye 2020, I think a 2015 Tech would be cheaper. 

Don't purchase anything prebuilt unless it's that rare case where it's cheaper to buy it fully built than parts.

Edited by JSharpie

6 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Yep, that's definitely worse, but try those steps anyway and see if it helps, its all you can do for now.

I will try that tommorow, maybe there will be some patches in that time.

for now have fun TENNOS grakata, grakata

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

This really really should go without saying but not everyone has a job or can lay hands on 300 bucks.  I would love to upgrade but my irl situation prevents such things.  

I am quite certain the OP would upgrade if he could.  

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but if I ever want something I just get it. I take the time to work, save up a little money over time, and get it. There is nothing short of a debilitating disease that can really stop a person from scrounging up money. Also, in this economy (assuming he's Amercian at least) most basic jobs start hiring at around $8.50. Assuming it's biweekly pay, and you get part-time 30 hours a week while claiming single-0 on your W-2 you're looking at about 450-500 dollars after tax per paycheck.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but if I ever want something I just get it.

Well, you have a good life, oddly enough though, not everyone is as fortunate as you.  It would be much safer and far more courteous to simply not assume things about people, especially IRL things, doubly especially in regards to money and how they make it or not.

As I said, few people actually choose to be burdened with outdated computers and crappy lives, if we could walk out our door and land a job in two minutes or two hours or two day or two months or what fraking ever, we would and we would upgrade in a heartbeat.

We should not have to explain our personal situations to justify why we are using toasters, we are and until DE deems us unworthy to play their game, we will make note of how updates affect the computers we are stuck with.

Please, just let this end there.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Maybe it's the way I was raised, but if I ever want something I just get it. I take the time to work, save up a little money over time, and get it. There is nothing short of a debilitating disease that can really stop a person from scrounging up money. Also, in this economy (assuming he's Amercian at least) most basic jobs start hiring at around $8.50. Assuming it's biweekly pay, and you get part-time 30 hours a week while claiming single-0 on your W-2 you're looking at about 450-500 dollars after tax per paycheck.

No, i'm Polish. So its like 2-3$/h and weekly theres 48h not 30. After all its +/-  350$ per MONTH x)

Edited by cloud1320

Just now, Xekrin said:

Well, you have a good life, oddly enough though, not everyone is as fortunate as you.  It would be much safer and far more courteous to simply not assume things about people, especially IRL things, doubly especially in regards to money and how they make it or not.

As I said, few people actually choose to be burdened with outdated computers and crappy lives, if we could walk out our door and land a job in two minutes or two hours or two day or two months or what fraking ever, we would and we would upgrade in a heartbeat.

We should not have to explain our personal situations to justify why we are using toasters, we are and until DE deems us unworthy to play their game, we will make note of how updates affect the computers we are stuck with.

Please, just let this end there.  Thanks.

Burdened with a computer. Wonderful.

1 minute ago, JSharpie said:

Burdened with a computer. Wonderful.

Yes burdened, or stuck with if you prefer.  My computer was a gift to me over 7 years ago, for example.  As I said, If I could upgrade it, I would.  I cannot, hence burdened.

3 hours ago, cloud1320 said:

After long years of playing todays the point i cant play it. All i can get when login are yellow textures all over or +freeze, i have a pretty bad potato but as minimum req say i should be able to play the game.

Potato:

- intel core 2600(2x 2.4GHz)

-2GB ddr2 Ram

-GTX 550ti

too bad its a fin for me, at least CHANGE req when theres more power needed.

Something you could do is message support and be like wtf though if something as trivial as graphical errors are stopping you idk how you lasted XD

windows xp? Even in middle school(this was 5 years ago, in a small school in a small town in kansas, a state with an obscenely poor education funding), all of our computers were vista. I haven't even SEEN a computer running xp in over three years. While I understand that it's frustrating that the game no longer runs... let's face it. It's time to upgrade.

On the flip side, I have to say... props for keeping a relic like that running for so long... I'd bet that your PC has outlived at least 2 generations of consoles. You could probably sell it to a museum.

11 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

windows xp? Even in middle school(this was 5 years ago, in a small school in a small town in kansas, a state with an obscenely poor education funding), all of our computers were vista. I haven't even SEEN a computer running xp in over three years. While I understand that it's frustrating that the game no longer runs... let's face it. It's time to upgrade.

On the flip side, I have to say... props for keeping a relic like that running for so long... I'd bet that your PC has outlived at least 2 generations of consoles. You could probably sell it to a museum.

to be fair some think XP is still better then vista. I played Warframe without problem 300+h on this potato ;) my old PC was better but burned to the ground(was better then this one)