Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you're in a relic survival & you need reactant while others have it, go to their area

Troll_Logic

Question

I know this sounds like total common sense, but I just got out of yet another relic survival where players didn't get enough reactant, started sulking, and ended the mission way too early while cursing about no reactant.  Meanwhile another tenno & I collected 10 reactant in under 3 minutes.

So, if you're playing a survival mission and it's getting around 2 min left in the wave, look at the rest of the tenno.  If they have more reactant than you, run to their area.  I know some people will say "Keep the entire team together the whole team", but there are many reasons why people like to move around.  I like to look for sculptures and open all the lockers.  Others like to stay in an easily defended areas.

18 answers to this question

The only time this has ever happened to me was due to spawning in a mission near the end of the timer.  Thankfully, it's a very rare occurrence these days.

It's actually a shame that you even had to give this advice.  Common Sense just isn't so common anymore.  :D

It may be common sense. However, doing S#&$ like hallway heroing and killing more normal enemies than corrupted ones are still really bad @(*()$ ideas. Just today I had an interception fissure where only 8 reactant spawned because an ember and a frost couldn't calm the F*** down and prioritize their targets.

Better tip : If you're in a relic survival, don't run more than a room away from the rest of your team.  You don't need the highest damage output or the most kills.

I don't know if he ran off from you guys at the start or you guys ran off from him but whoever ran off is the one to blame.

P.S. Tip : If you are in a Relic Defense or Interception, don't use map nuking abilities until after everyone fills reactant.  The longer enemies stay alive after they spawn, the more chance they have of becoming corrupted and being able to drop reactant.  Killing them in their spawn areas doesn't help anyone.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

13 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Better tip : If you're in a relic survival, don't run more than a room away from the rest of your team.  You don't need the highest damage output or the most kills.

I don't know if he ran off from you guys at the start or you guys ran off from him but whoever ran off is the one to blame.

That's an old wives tale.  I've been in survival missions where the entire team stayed together and not enough reactant dropped and I've been in games where everyone does their thing and plenty of reactant drops.  I've been in games where the reactant drop zone has steadily moved and I've been in games where enough reactant dropped in the same large room.  Most games have reactant drop everywhere.  Telling the team to always stay together to make sure enough reactant drops in a myth.

In 95% of survival games I've played, enough reactant has dropped everywhere for all players.  I'm trying trying the help the few players that never leave a specific area when not enough reactant drops in their specific area.

Edited by Troll_Logic

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

I've been in survival missions where the entire team stayed together and not enough reactant dropped and I've been in games where everyone does their thing and plenty of reactant drops.

It isn't about getting enough reactant to drop, that happens by allowing enemies to remain alive for a few seconds rather than simply AoE'ing the map in their spawn points, it's about not being forced to run across the entire tileset searching for reactant because you couldn't be bothered to stay within, at least, affinity range of the rest of your squad.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

Telling the team to always stay together to make sure enough reactant drops in a myth.

Again, that has nothing to do with what I was saying.  You are playing a TEAM game, not a "You run off and play hallway hero while the rest of the team gets little to no spawn rate because you don't want to stay around them lulz" game.  If you want to play hallway hero, hit solo mode.

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

It isn't about getting enough reactant to drop, that happens by allowing enemies to remain alive for a few seconds rather than simply AoE'ing the map in their spawn points, it's about not being forced to run across the entire tileset searching for reactant because you couldn't be bothered to stay within, at least, affinity range of the rest of your squad.

No team has each of the four players at the furthest four corners of the tileset.  Come on dude.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Again, that has nothing to do with what I was saying.  You are playing a TEAM game, not a "You run off and play hallway hero while the rest of the team gets little to no spawn rate because you don't want to stay around them lulz" game.  If you want to play hallway hero, hit solo mode.

Yes, TEAM game.  Apparently TEAM has to be capitalized for some reason.  BYW, a player or players can run away from the TEAM for all sorts of reasons; not just because he is a "hallway hero."  Maybe the player has a good spot and the rest of the team, sorry TEAM, has moved?  Maybe a player like to open the lockers so the rest of the TEAM (I remembered that time) doesn't have to open them.  Maybe a player wants to find the secret rooms to help the TEAM?  Or to look for the sculptures so the rest of the TEAM can collect the items?  Maybe the player had to run to grab the focus booster?  Maybe a player's pet got stuck and he had to run off to revive it?  Maybe someone just wants to explore the map?  Maybe someone had to run to activate LS?  And got popped by a bombard?

There are all sorts of reasons why a player or players would be away from the TEAM without those players being a "hallway hero."

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

No team has each of the four players at the furthest four corners of the tileset.  Come on dude.

It doesn't take 4 players.  One player running to certain points in a map completely dries up the spawn rate for the other players.  I've seen it happen in many, many, many, many games.  

3 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Yes, TEAM game.  Apparently TEAM has to be capitalized for some reason.

Because you were seemingly (and it turned out to be a correct assumption made by me as evidenced by the rest of your post) defending solo actions during missions with other players.

4 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Maybe the player has a good spot and the rest of the team,

Even if he does, it's simple enough to go into messaging (even on consoles) and tell people that you have a good spot and to follow you.  Those other characters aren't AI, those are actual people who are also playing the game.  Something people forget a little too often in this game and the internet at large.

6 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Maybe a player wants to find the secret rooms to help the TEAM?

Finding secret rooms doesn't help the team.  It helps that individual player and forces the rest of the players to pick up his slack.  If you want to treasure hunt, do it in any mode that isn't survival.

7 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Maybe the player had to run to grab the focus booster?

Those, literally, never spawn more than a room or two away (farthest I've ever seen one spawn was 60 meters, which can easily be gotten and returned from within the span of a few seconds.

You are throwing up pretty generic and bland responses that I've really heard before over the past several years as to why you "need" to break away from the group and the majority of it is bunk reasoning and logic when looked at with any lens that isn't "I need most kills and damage! Rawr!"  Neither of those things are all that important, though.

If playing Ivara and possibly Loki, you have a pretty good reason to get away from the group.  That is so you don't get caught up in the others aggro and die.  That's usually my reason for not being near the group.  That and to be alive to rez them when they get more than they can handle.  :D

3 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Even if he does, it's simple enough to go into messaging (even on consoles) and tell people that you have a good spot and to follow you.  

That's a good point.  I should have mentioned it.

Those other characters aren't AI, those are actual people who are also playing the game.  Something people forget a little too often in this game and the internet at large.

And right back to the condescension.

Those, literally, never spawn more than a room or two away (farthest I've ever seen one spawn was 60 meters, which can easily be gotten and returned from within the span of a few seconds.

You've been lucky.

You are throwing up pretty generic and bland responses that I've really heard before over the past several years as to why you "need" to break away from the group and the majority of it is bunk reasoning and logic when looked at with any lens that isn't "I need most kills and damage! Rawr!"  Neither of those things are all that important, though.

Tough to argue with baseless generalizations.  So I won't.

29 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

And right back to the condescension.

Your interpretation of that statement being condescending in no way makes it condescending.

You've been lucky.

No, that's the mechanics of the system.  It has nothing to do with luck.  The Focus orbs don't spawn beyond a certain range which is, coincidentally, only a little longer than the range for shared affinity.

Tough to argue with baseless generalizations.

You gave no examples of actually needing to break away from a group.  All you did was throw up platitudes and excuses for why you think other players do it while ignoring the reality of the mechanics of the game.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

16 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

If playing Ivara and possibly Loki, you have a pretty good reason to get away from the group.  That is so you don't get caught up in the others aggro and die.  That's usually my reason for not being near the group.  That and to be alive to rez them when they get more than they can handle.  :D

There's no talking to him.  He's that guy that blames every problem on anyone who leaves the group because anyone that leaves the group is a hallway hero that does it only for more kills.  There are many valid reasons for not staying within handshake distance of everyone else.  You know this.  I know this.  Everyone knows this.

I generally play with clanmates so I never have trouble with reactant.

I'm just gonna sum up my thoughts about this post though.

-Some of this discussion seemed high and mighty. I help people get reactant all the time if they haven't been paying attention. Everyone does it, duty calls in real life at generally the most inopportune time. Easiest way to sum this up "S#&$ happens"

-I read most of it and I get this whole "blame game" "screw this guy" "screw that guy" "not my problem" kinda feel, public is full of people that have low attention spans and no common sense. If you join them honestly you should expect as much and you can either get annoyed or relax and see if you can help, if not F*** em.

-In case anyone forgot, this is a game, we can play with who we want and how we want. Be tolerant. I figure that much isn't hard.

I mean no ill will towards any party. Help or ignore but don't point any fingers. its like the dumbest game of connect the dots ever.

On 7/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, Troll_Logic said:

that guy that blames every problem on anyone who leaves the group because anyone that leaves the group is a hallway hero that does it only for more kills.  

Are you really going to pretend that isn't a majority of the reason to run 2-3 rooms away from the rest of the members of a group?  

On 7/2/2017 at 4:08 PM, Troll_Logic said:

There are many valid reasons for not staying within handshake distance of everyone else

50 meters is a pretty good clip of distance.  You pretending 50 meters is some sort of "Right up next to the other players" is a tad ridiculous in regards to this discussion

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

8 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

even better tip.  you're in a squad, you're in a team.  do team work instead of solo work.

And an even better tip.  Fighting next to the team isn't necessarily teamwork.

Edited by Troll_Logic

2 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Ironic.

You're the one making gross overgeneralizations and absolute arguments.  I'm not.

Are you really going to pretend that isn't a majority of the reason to run 2-3 rooms away from the rest of the members of a group?  

No pretending necessary.  Again, you're making gross overgeneralizations.

50 meters is a pretty good clip of distance.  You pretending 50 meters is some sort of "Right up next to the other players" is a tad ridiculous in regards to this discussion

Finally you're putting a number on it.  Doesn't change anything.

Edited by Troll_Logic