Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Covert Lethality for Shield Weapons

VenomousValentine

We need a mod like covert lethality for shield weapons such as silva and aegis.

Coup De Gras, When using a finisher on a knocked down enemy, instantly kill them.

It would synergize really well with parry, would really fit the playstyle of the shield weapons, and would actually make them viable.

True, but... It's a shame they don't do damage.

The block is nice and all, but people don't use them because it's not that great in high level play. People would prefer to use a maiming strike atterax, a cleaving whirlwind bloodrush+bodycount galatine, or inaros/banshee/excalibur with covert lethality.

Maybe they're viable with a riven now, I'm not sure, but before melee rivens they were just not worth using.

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

If you are wanting a "Covert Lethality" type mod for shields then you're doing it wrong.

And IMO, Covert Lethality shouldn't exist.

"Covert Lethality shouldn't exist" Enjoy daggers NEVER having a single use ever. It adds diversity to the meta.

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Try building them right. Silvia & Aegis Prime for example is a monster.

It's not terrible like the OG silva and aegis, but I would definitely not call it a monster.

4 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

"Covert Lethality shouldn't exist" Enjoy daggers NEVER having a single use ever. It adds diversity to the meta.

Covert Lethality is just a terrible bandaid. It doesn't add diversity, just adds another layer of cheese.

4 hours ago, VenomousValentine said:

It's not terrible like the OG silva and aegis, but I would definitely not call it a monster.

That is where you are wrong.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Just now, VenomousValentine said:

Cheese is what makes the game fun.

We're getting off topic, so this'll be my last response to this side-track.

You think Naramon and Covert Lethality is fun? >_> No risk or excitement in the game play and you can go hours and hours into a boring survival?

Covert Lethality and to a lesser degree, invisibility, shouldn't be as powerful as they are now, but that's just my opinion.

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

We're getting off topic, so this'll be my last response to this side-track.

You think Naramon and Covert Lethality is fun? >_> No risk or excitement in the game play and you can go hours and hours into a boring survival?

Covert Lethality and to a lesser degree, invisibility, shouldn't be as powerful as they are now, but that's just my opinion.

I respectfully disagree.

This is my one problem I have with the forums, is that people try too often to get fun things nerfed, instead of trying to get bad things buffed.

1 hour ago, VenomousValentine said:

I respectfully disagree.

This is my one problem I have with the forums, is that people try too often to get fun things nerfed, instead of trying to get bad things buffed.

Well Naramon is just broken (I know you might like it but it really just is) , Covert Lethality is fun and when I do bring daggers I use it. Last thing Silva and Aegis with the right mods is a monster and so so good. If you don't like it as is I understand but it doesn't need a Cov Leth mod to be viable, it is already better than at least 80% of melee weapons in the game.

1 minute ago, jragonsoul said:

Well Naramon is just broken (I know you might like it but it really just is) , Covert Lethality is fun and when I do bring daggers I use it. Last thing Silva and Aegis with the right mods is a monster and so so good. If you don't like it as is I understand but it doesn't need a Cov Leth mod to be viable, it is already better than at least 80% of melee weapons in the game.

Being better than 80% of the melee weapons isn't saying much because we have so SO many S#&$ty unusable ones. It makes me sad.

2 minutes ago, jragonsoul said:

But, despite that, I understand where you're coming from.

5 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

But, despite that, I understand where you're coming from.

How do you make your melee weapons? I will meet you in game in the multi-player  simulacrum and we can go through each one I own in comparison. I think you're expecting something different from it or you are modding it weirdly. No offense intended at all. Most of my melee weapons are insane when used well, even vs lvl 145 enemies. There are weapons some people love and swear by that I hate so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a matter of preference or reality not meeting expectations.

P.S. I don't get off work for like 10 hours so maybe tomorrow, unless you are on late tonight! XD

1 minute ago, jragonsoul said:

How do you make your melee weapons? I will meet you in game in the multi-player  simulacrum and we can go through each one I own in comparison. I think you're expecting something different from it or you are modding it weirdly. No offense intended at all. Most of my melee weapons are insane when used well, even vs lvl 145 enemies. There are weapons some people love and swear by that I hate so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a matter of preference or reality not meeting expectations.

P.S. I don't get off work for like 10 hours so maybe tomorrow, unless you are on late tonight! XD

Maybe I expect too much of them, who knows. But I currently have every melee in the game except for some syndicate weapons and the skana and venka prime.

10 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Maybe I expect too much of them, who knows. But I currently have every melee in the game except for some syndicate weapons and the skana and venka prime.

That's fair, check these out. 

And 

See if it's your build or just expectations.

1 hour ago, jragonsoul said:

And 

I would have built almost the same way, except I would have replaced one of the 90% status damage mods with a 60% 60% status mod.

I used the OG silva and aegis and the ack and brunt, and they were... Less than serviceable...

I haven't potatoed my prime yet, but I intended to after I finish formaing my telos boltace which I got a riven for from chains of harrow.

5 minutes ago, PhillipJokar said:

TLDR; Player wants defensive weapon to be offensive weapon, when you can oneshot anything regardless.

"Defensive weapon" implies it's actually worth it to run a defensive weapon. They really don't bring that much utility to the table compared to the brutal blenders damage. Value for value, I'd take a damage weapon over a defensive weapon because the defensives it provides are not that good. Especially when you could just run a defensive frame. In high tier missions everything should be CCd by frames already, so you really don't have to worry about defending yourself from enemies that can't move.

1 hour ago, jragonsoul said:

And 

Also I do just want to say, those numbers aren't THAT good.

With those numbers against only a level 50 I definitely wouldnt call it top tier.

it's not bad, but to call that one of the best melee weapons in the game is just downright erroneous.

25 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Also I do just want to say, those numbers aren't THAT good.

With those numbers against only a level 50 I definitely wouldnt call it top tier.

it's not bad, but to call that one of the best melee weapons in the game is just downright erroneous.

What about a mix of lvl 145 corrupted enemies? I used rhino because as you said they need to be CC'd OR you need to run a tanky frame. Look at what it can do, need to kill ancients first so you can kill the rest easily but as you can see it wrecks.

Edited by jragonsoul

2 minutes ago, jragonsoul said:

What about a mix of lvl 145 corrupted enemies? I used rhino because as you said they need to be CC's OR you need to run a tanky frame. Look at what it can do, need to kill ancients first so you can kill the rest easily but as you can see it wrecks.

Yeah it killed them alright, but that still took some time. It is better than I thought it was, but I still don't think that's top tier. I'll give it viable, but not ideal for an MR12 requirement.

1 minute ago, VenomousValentine said:

Yeah it killed them alright, but that still took some time. It is better than I thought it was, but I still don't think that's top tier. I'll give it viable, but not ideal for an MR12 requirement.

So it did the job/is viable, but not as well as something else so it needs changes?

Shall we give all weapons identical stats? Can't have anything outperforming.

Just now, PhillipJokar said:

So it did the job/is viable, but not as well as something else so it needs changes?

Shall we give all weapons identical stats? Can't have anything outperforming.

Other weapons do need some love, but you can't deny that it's a neat prospect to coup de gras something after parrying. It DOES fit the theming and playstyle of a sword and shield.

7 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

...I don't think you get how well it did. Try that same test with an Atterax. I did, it "Kill's" faster only if you use rhinos 4 to CC. Realize you have to keep casting iron skin or hard CC them to not die. This weapon takes care of the CC requirements because it has it's own cc in continuous blast and knockdown, WHILE stripping armor. I really think you just want the weapon to be something it's not. But I could be wrong.

Edited by jragonsoul