Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid Or Fix The Parkour Tilesets

The__Q

I was doing a mission for an ememy radar, I tried five times, But got stuck ON ONE TILE
And then fell into the void and died... Remove/fix these parkour tilesets, OR AT LEAST MAKE GIANT FREAKING ARROWS POINTING TO WHAT TO DO! I ran around for 10 minutes and got stuck!

Pls improve

~Q

I was doing a mission for an ememy radar, I tried five times, But got stuck ON ONE TILE

And then fell into the void and died... Remove/fix these parkour tilesets, OR AT LEAST MAKE GIANT FREAKING ARROWS POINTING TO WHAT TO DO! I ran around for 10 minutes and got stuck!

Pls improve

~Q

Once you learn these maps, it really isn't that hard to remember.

What I wish they'd do, though, is get rid of the automatic "jump when ending wall run".

If you want to JUMP with force off of a wall you should have to hit the space bar.

If I want to end a wall run near a small dinky little ledge, I want to DROP STRAIGHT DOWN, not push myself off the wall and go flying into the void.

Those Grineer Galleons make me praise Worm Hole up and down. lol.

Parkour, you say? What's that? *FWOOSH* I have a pretty blue portal gun.

Once you learn these maps, it really isn't that hard to remember.

What I wish they'd do, though, is get rid of the automatic "jump when ending wall run".

If you want to JUMP with force off of a wall you should have to hit the space bar.

If I want to end a wall run near a small dinky little ledge, I want to DROP STRAIGHT DOWN, not push myself off the wall and go flying into the void.

Those Grineer Galleons make me praise Worm Hole up and down. lol.

Parkour, you say? What's that? *FWOOSH* I have a pretty blue portal gun.

Crouch. It'll make you drop straight down. Who would've thought the key that puts you lower to the ground would put you lower to the ground.

Edited by Kyte

Crouch. It'll make you drop straight down. Who would've thought the key that puts you lower to the ground would put you lower to the ground.

It is kinda awkward having to hold both the sprint key AND reach to hit the crouch key at the same time, though.

Meanwhile, the spacebar could easily be hit while wall running to push off of a wall when I want to push off of wall. You don't expect your character to throw him/herself off of a wall with force without even hitting a key.

When I first started playing Warframe, it acted just right. If you wanted to spring off of a wall, you know to do a wall JUMP, you.......hit the JUMP button. Makes sense, right?

If you just let go of the sprint button, you dropped straight down.

Made sense.

I dunno where this "let go of sprint = JUMP!!!" ever came from.

I don't remember the default keybindings but in my case I have Sprint for shift and Crouch for Ctrl, so I press both with the pinky.

Since I have to hold spacebar to walljump and in 90% of the cases I want to jump off the wallrun, the current behavior makes perfect sense.

Now we have two opposing positions. We're at an impasse.

Don't like it? Use the sprint toggle button and uncheck "hold jump to wallrun".

I found this kinda annoying. Players learned that games should lead you form the very beggining till the game ends. That I want to say is games should state some challenge against the player, so the satisfaction of getting further is increased. Well, I find it very dissapointing that those fantastic parkour hubs are being hated, and honsestly, i don't know what for. It took me something about 3 runs to find out how i should proceed through the circural hub in grineer ship, but after that i was like "aaaaah, now i see how it's up there". In sake of making games more games than movies - make it harder, make it challenging and worth putting an effort in playthrough. 

Thanks for attention.

I found this kinda annoying. Players learned that games should lead you form the very beggining till the game ends. That I want to say is games should state some challenge against the player, so the satisfaction of getting further is increased. Well, I find it very dissapointing that those fantastic parkour hubs are being hated, and honsestly, i don't know what for. It took me something about 3 runs to find out how i should proceed through the circural hub in grineer ship, but after that i was like "aaaaah, now i see how it's up there". In sake of making games more games than movies - make it harder, make it challenging and worth putting an effort in playthrough. 

Thanks for attention.

Some maps are a little ridiculous with waypoint markers, though.

Nothing sucks more than being lost and confused in this stupid mazy room where the waypoint marker is zipping all over the map every few steps you take as it seems to be confused on where exactly you're supposed to go.

For example, the large "pillar reactor" room in the Asteroid Base, the one with the four floors of catwalks around it.

God, I hate that room so much. Sometimes the waypoints are nice, they tell you exactly where to go. Other times, it decides to be stupid and lead you through the 3-4 different floors before it finally shows you which door it wants you to take.

There is such a thing as FakeDifficulty (look it up on TvTropes), and it is annoying when it is employed instead of True Difficulty.

The way point markers I think were changed to have more way points to make it easier to navigate but failed. I remember when they just pointed to the door you need to go to not  the stairs you needed to take to get there.

And to OPs point, you sir have obviously never played a platformer. The parkour rooms are amazing, and I want to see more of them. I would love to see more of the puzzle solving side of things introduced into warframe.

For example, the large "pillar reactor" room in the Asteroid Base, the one with the four floors of catwalks around it.

God, I hate that room so much. Sometimes the waypoints are nice, they tell you exactly where to go. Other times, it decides to be stupid and lead you through the 3-4 different floors before it finally shows you which door it wants you to take.

This. I mean seriously why not just point me to where I need to go. I can figure out how to get down from here by myself. 

It's also annoying because there are times in that room where I want to worm hole and just get moving but because I don't know what door I'm going to that's not plausible. 

A. I enjoy the challange, even I can't master it fully yet.

B. The biggest (not to be confused with the "Grandest") problem I see here is that the players who had little patience with slower ones will have even less, and those will be left behind with no help from team mates.

the only problem I have with the new parkour tiles are the mission indicators. Had to jump and run around until it basically told me the next actual point I needed to be, rather than an indicator on the very ledge I was standing on pointing above. Entirely unhelpful mission points in those large circular wallrunning rooms.